Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic
Page: of 133

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  05:26:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
E....I used your fabric...,love it! On the fron is "Chocolate...is good medicine"

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Check out my shoppe at www.honeybeez.etsy.com
www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com , www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  05:47:53 AM  Show Profile
Gorgeous!! I wondered who was going to do a chocolate apron first!!!! Oh, and I see you have added the cell phone/ipod pocket too! Way to go. I use a shuffle and love it!

Gotta get busy here this morning. Hubby is working from home again today, so not much time for sewing and crafting......And I work tonight too.

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  06:10:16 AM  Show Profile
Beverly
You are such an encourager! Sometimes I read through here just to see how many times you cheer, and root for everyone!

Your aprons are just too cute!!!
Gives me something to aim for- or better yet I could just go purchase one of the hundreds you girls whip up while I am sleeping- waiting for the sewing faries to come do mine for me!They never come anymore(the sewing faries)
Ya'll are a good bucnh a girls!
Autumn
Tks for pushing me on with my sewing- it helped. Yeah- she is a pretty girl-inside and out!

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  06:30:29 AM  Show Profile
I asked hubby last night, "doesn't your mother have a treadle machine?"
"Yes, in the dining room, a Singer, and there may be another in storage"

**GASP**

I'll approach my FIL about it ~ touchy situation~ she's in a nursing home, but would probably flip if she knew I wanted to use it (mean as all get out, but her sewing days are long gone)
**sigh** probably way easier to go look for one! LOL

http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/spiritspace.htmlSoap
http://groups.msn.com/spiritspaceCrafting Group
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  06:37:35 AM  Show Profile
Bev, "them thar aprons look ta be jez lak storebought", LOL
(back when farm wives longed to go to town and buy something "ready-made")
They are so perfect!!

http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/spiritspace.htmlSoap
http://groups.msn.com/spiritspaceCrafting Group
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  06:45:15 AM  Show Profile
oh Bev...you are back...come to ohio, we can shop elizabeth's headquarters together!!! I love your new aprons...glad you are in one piece!!
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  06:54:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Thanks, Jess. Actually, I would love to do a road trip for fabric!! Here is another....busy morning...

My Etsy has been dead. If it does not pick up before Christmas, I am going to have to wear nothing but aprons for the rest of my life! Actually, I am not putting these on my Etsy, I am stockpiling for Christmas shopping time!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  06:58:23 AM  Show Profile
I have looked at a lot of etsys..they arent so busy...you may have enough aprons to do a show...they would go over well...and there is always Christmas!!!

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  07:23:01 AM  Show Profile
I hate missing all of this great stuff for a week. You guys are all so busy sewing and now I have to catch up. We are painting our daughter's room this week, and I am working on my Halloween swap stuff for another thread, so aprons will come in a few weeks.

Bev, how are you doing? Did you get hurt while I was away? I thought I saw something about it, but was not sure if it was now or from the accident.
Go to Top of Page

nitere
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Amy
Hickory NC
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  07:38:57 AM  Show Profile
Beverlygreat aprons! i especially love the strawberries one. too cute!

i think that my next apron will have to be an over the head one. i have several that were handed down from a great aunt, but i have never made one of my own. do you ladies like making half-aprons or over the head ones better?

http://www.buraellen.blogspot.com

Edited by - nitere on Aug 21 2007 08:11:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  07:48:42 AM  Show Profile
over the head are just as easy as the other in my opinion, and do one a coupla times, and you can make like 10 or more in a day!
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  09:15:52 AM  Show Profile
10 or more in a day?!! What kinda coffee you drinkin', Gal?!
Send me some. LOL
Go to Top of Page

nitere
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Amy
Hickory NC
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  09:52:42 AM  Show Profile
seriously.

http://www.buraellen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  10:27:13 AM  Show Profile
Love the aprons Bev! and Glad to see you back. We really do have the same eye for fabric. I am not sure when my friend Lynda and I are going to take the leap and become fabric distributers. But we will. We are going on a little buying trip this weekend. We have very different focuses, but when know we would be better off combineing our effort nd resources.

Joanns corp headquarters is in Hudson Ohio... about 2- 3 hours away from me. I have not been to "The" store, but I have heard from some artist that lived in the area how much better that one is. I guess that they will get the full collection of fabric and colors.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  11:06:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
I think over the head are the easiest.....I am not a whiz kid like Jess, I can only turn out 3 or 4 in a concentrated day of sewing! LOL

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  11:10:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
I WANNA COME TO OHIO!!!!!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  11:11:17 AM  Show Profile
Yeesh, on a normal day for me with all the usual interuptions, I'm lucky to turn out 1 apron....though there have been days I can get about 3 half aprons done...haha

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  11:51:04 AM  Show Profile
Bonne,

Love the Chocolate and Strawberry Aprons.....oooowwwww, A Chocolate covered Strawberry just came to mind when I typed that..LOL

You could drive someone insane with strawberry fabric on one side and chocolate fabric on the other!

Talk to ya later, Stephanie

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  12:02:21 PM  Show Profile
Bev,

Just read that your Etsy shop has slowed down. With school getting started again and it being so hot outside I don't think anyone is moving very fast..LOL Anyway, when I was selling on Ebay regularly there was always a lapse in sells during school start up. When the moms get in "their groove" they'll be back shopping.

Also, wanted to ask if you have a Flickr Album? If you don't..you sure need to get one girl with all those pretty aprons to look at. The search engines pick up flickr albums pretty good and you can link the album over to your Etsy Shop. The more photos the better placement you can get and plus there lots of "Apron" groups at Flickr as well and that couldn't hurt your business to have them checking you out.

http://www.flickr.com/

Just a few thoughts

Stephanie

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  12:05:43 PM  Show Profile
I totally love all the aprons that've been posted...chocolate, and apples, and everything in between....hmm...chocolate...*mouth is watering*...ah...NO! I had enough sugar yesterday....I MUST restrain myself....enough though there is a lovely dark chocolate bar in the "Secret Stash"....hmmm.....:D

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  12:46:24 PM  Show Profile
I must be the only woman in the world
that doesn't care for chocolate all that much!!
LOL
I'm working on a Halloween 1/2 apron at the moment.
Going to try and shame Georgann into making a Samhain
inspired one too!

Got it done! Here it is!

Edited by - Bonne on Aug 21 2007 1:51:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

Annie S
True Blue Farmgirl

756 Posts

Annie
Custer S.D.
USA
756 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  12:46:41 PM  Show Profile
When do you all sleep? Or do you sleep? When the sun goes down I'm ready to get into my jammies and not think about doing anything else - let alone sewing in the middle of the night.

But ladies - WHAT A FANTASTIC JOB YOU ALL HAVE DONE!!!!!!! Just love all the aprons you all are crankin' out. All the different materials are just too, too darling. And I'm lucky if I get one or two done in a week, let alone 10 in a day. Way to go Jessica!!

Went into the "big city" yesterday and stopped by a fabric warehouse place and they had some material that was all tomatoes. I was going to get it, but found some other's that were marked down way low, so got them instead. Will go back next month and pick up the tomatoes for an apron. That would make such a cute gift - or just keep myself. Or better yet, make two - one to keep and one to give away.

Again ladies, you are all so talented and creative. I applaud you all!!!!!

Peace and love,
Annie
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  2:04:30 PM  Show Profile
CUTE!! CUTE!! CUTE!!!

i JUST Love any kind Halloween print!!
& THAT Apron is adorable!
Are the ghosts glow in the dark?
Look's like they may be!!
Wouldn't that be just too dang fun outside for a little shin dig in the evening!!!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  6:02:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
We don't ever sleep..........we sew all night long....LOL. Great Halloween apron, Bonne. Well I know you gals followed my story of Sadie my best friend and number one dog. She is healing great from the dog bite injury. However, while she was under we had the vet take off a tumor on her chest that we had just found.....I got the call tonight about the path report. The tumor is cancerous......I am just sick to death about this. The vet thinks she got it all, but I know that the future holds more tumors for my girl. Apparently, Bernese Mtn. dogs are prone to it. Darn it........I am really sad tonight.

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2007 :  6:14:30 PM  Show Profile
oh bev..i am so sorry to hear this!! please keep your chin up and support that pup in any way you can...maybe it will be okay...and if she feels good right now, enjopy her! She loves you...and you can give her a great life no matter what happens! Everything happens for a reason even though we are not always able to know why right away!! Good luck!!!...jess
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 133 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page