Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic
Page: of 133

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - May 26 2007 :  3:57:15 PM  Show Profile
Love it, Georgann! I adore toile and was thinking about making my mom one with a lovely green and off white Christmas scene toile I got a few months ago. I have not decided on the style I will do for her yet. She is a little more on the tailored side than I am, so maybe something with straight lines and no ruffles. I like the ones with the detachable bib, so maybe that will be it.

I love ruffles even though I am a bit of a tomboy still. ;)
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9364 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9364 Posts

Posted - May 26 2007 :  7:21:13 PM  Show Profile
Georgann,
That is a most beautiful apron. I love the color!
I'm sure you made a farmgirl very happy.
Denise

"The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof and all that dwell therein."

www.torismimi.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  05:42:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Wow, I was gone for a week and this thread really grew! I love all the aprons...hopefully you all keep posting your pictures. What an inspiration. Susan.....I have to know where you got the beehive picture that you embroidered on that apron.....it is wonderful....and I am addicted to beehives!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Check out my shoppe at www.honeybeez.etsy.com
www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com , www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  07:14:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone,
I think I may have just figured out how to post a photo. This is the second apron I have ever made, well.... third if you count a mini apron. I think I am going to give it to my sister-in-law for Christmas. It reminds me of her. I hope to sew a tinkerbell apron for my little one today. I am going to use some of that polka dot fabric on hers too. Well, I am going to see if this photo works!

Ok, it looks like it works but the picture looks huge........ sorry. But Yeah!! I did it!! I just told Susan it was driving me nuts I couldn't figure it out!!! Yipeee!!! P.S. That's my oldest modeling it for me. She's a good sport.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  07:28:03 AM  Show Profile
It looks good enough to eat...love the use of rick rack.
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  08:04:33 AM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Too Cute Michelle! You did good!

Beverly...I got it out of a redwork book. But you know you can make all your own embroidery things...use a wax pencil...or heck sometimes I just draw on the fabric with a washable pen.

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  08:27:02 AM  Show Profile
so cheerful.all of these aprons look just fab!

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com and
http://photosbytina.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  10:57:58 AM  Show Profile
Michelle that is such a sweet Apron..
What happy colors!

Nice Job girl!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  11:02:43 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, I am not having a good sewing day today. I made an apron for my little one, it came out ok but everything I did just didn't turn out the way I wanted it to.
Thats life though isn't it?? Its rainy and blah here, I think I am getting cabin fever!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  11:16:45 AM  Show Profile
Are you?
yuck.. Still better then where I am at.. ( Sitting here at WORK ! )
& wishing i were home sewing & visiting with all of you!!!

Some things i try seem to look so simple.. & i'll start to sew it..& nothing seems to go together quite the way i intended it too!!
I have really been having such fun with Bias Tape & ric rac lately.. so your Apron really is especially cute to me right now!!

Georgann.. i love that red Apron with the toile!.. i think that & Paisley have to be my two favorite designs to work with! i just love the look of them.. The style of that Apron is so pretty too.. it looks so comfortable.. & easy to wear..
You really are so creative.. Right now I am working on a really neat old apron design that was on one of my Grannies.. or her sisters.. Not sure which one of them the Apron actually came from.. But the bottom just really caught my eye.. & i'm on the 3rd one now.. I like the style.. although it is only a skirt type.. not a Bib type which i would normaly prefer to wear..
i need to figure out that dang Serger.. i know it's just going to try to take one of my fingers off though!
Sheryl Lyn.. Cross your fingers for me that i don't loose one in the proccess please!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  11:18:40 AM  Show Profile
What a bright and friendly apron.

I love the happy spring colors!

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com
www.Botanical-Bath.com

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  4:17:10 PM  Show Profile
Michelle,
I love your apron.. It is so happy!! Love the colors and the way you put together the different prints. I love to mix prints too!!

Been off line today....big thunderstorm knocked out our server last night and most of today. My DH just got it up and running a few minutes ago! ARGH....so much to catch up on now!!

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!
Go to Top of Page

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  5:37:14 PM  Show Profile
This is the one I did today for my youngest, I messed up on quite a few things. I wanted her to have one for when she helps in the kitchen, she loves to bake brownies. I also thought it would be good for her to wear while she eats to save her good clothes from stains. Even though it has a bunch of mistakes she has worn it most of the day so that made me feel a little better about it. I just loved that polka dot fabric, I wish I had bought more. I found it at Wal-mart of all places for $2 a yard. The Tinkerbell was something I used to decorate for her birthday and I promised to make an apron out of it. So thats how it came about. The day was a little gloomy but then again there is nothing better than staying home and sewing.

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  5:52:22 PM  Show Profile
Kathie: Did you get to that serger yet? I promise it sounds scarier than it is when you use it. The power of them is impressive, just go nice and slow. It becomes something of an addiction when you use it correctly the first time...then you will be running all over the house looking for things that "need" serging! Keep the fingers out of the way and just zoom with it!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  6:06:21 PM  Show Profile
Michelle, your daughter's apron is PERFECT!! I know she feels like a little princess in it!! Proof positive: she wore it most of the day!!

G

Go to Top of Page

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  6:15:19 PM  Show Profile
Thank you.... are you sure you don't want to move to Louisiana? You would be good for my esteem!! hee hee
It seemed like everything I did from the pockets to the gathering didn't want to come out correctly. But there is always another day. I was going to start one for my oldest but I just cut it out and put it up for another day when I am more motivated. I can only hope that one day I can do something like the rest of you have done on here. They are all so beautiful.
Thanks for being so sweet!
Michelle
Go to Top of Page

TheSoapMaven
True Blue Farmgirl

691 Posts

Susan
LA
USA
691 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  6:28:25 PM  Show Profile  Send TheSoapMaven a Yahoo! Message
Michelle HOW cute!!! I know little miss priss loves it! We are going to have to have a few craft days this summer...with mom's health, I dont suppose I will be doing my classes but we can certainly get together! Swim sew...sew swim!

Susan
http://www.thesoapmaven.com
http://notquitejunecleaver.com
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  6:45:57 PM  Show Profile
Great aprons Michelle! They are so bright and cheerful. Good job!
Go to Top of Page

Michelle Marie
True Blue Farmgirl

158 Posts

Michelle
Many Louisiana
USA
158 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  6:56:59 PM  Show Profile
Swim is the word...... maybe the pool will warm up one day. I guess the kids can swim in the ice water while we stay warm and you show me how to do some of that red work. Its so pretty.
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  7:12:11 PM  Show Profile

This is my new favorite Apron. It is long and has full coverage for major soap spills. There are no pockets in the front, so if you have a soaping spill, your pockets will not fill up with hot soap.

I started with a simplicity pattern 5201, and made one. Well I didnt like how it hung, the neck needed revision and the sides layed odd. So I made the straps thicker, Made the neck a high square and took it in 4 inches. Next one I will be making more changes to make the back and sides lay flatter. I can not believe people actually got paid to draft this one. Anyone making this pattern... make it 2 sizes smaller than you think you will need.

The fabric drying next to the apron on the line is going to be more of these designs. I have promised a few girlfriends I would make them one. They like how it covers and that if you have a spill, there are no knots to untie since bows come loose. And that you can roll the spill inward and pull it over your head.

E-
www.Botanical-Bath.com

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."

Edited by - BotanicalBath on May 29 2007 7:16:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  8:58:57 PM  Show Profile
Your apron looks really great flappin' in the breeze like that. I like the floral print, subtle and beautiful. Don't you just love it when you have to entirely redo a pattern design. If you wanted to spend the time designing, why would you have gotten the pattern?!! Is that thick woven fabric next to it? I have some similar that I used to make a cushion for my garden wagon and a canopy for it. Oh well, it looks similar. Keep showing us your aprons girls!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  04:24:23 AM  Show Profile
I love it! Great job. So, so pretty and did you say it is reversible too. Wonder if you could put inside pockets when you reverse it, then you have pockets to wear. Very pretty!! Can you have someone take a photo of you stirring your pot of soap in this apron? I would love to see that! Oh, and I love the looks of your full moon soap. Did you get the email I sent last week? I was inquiring about that soap?! I have been having email problems, not getting them and people not receiving what I have sent.

Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  06:54:19 AM  Show Profile
Jess... I typically will alter a pattern a little bit anyway... but this one needed so much work, I can say that the design is mine now. The fabric next to it is cotton Madras. it is fairly thick for Madras, but not think enough to upholster anything with it.

Georgann, I thought about putting in large side pockets big enough for extra spoons & spatchulas. I also though about sticking in pockets on the seams too. Not sure what would work better.
I havent gotten an email from you. Did you send it to the BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com addy?

E-
www.Botanical-Bath.com

Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  07:36:26 AM  Show Profile
Opps Double post

Edited by - BotanicalBath on May 30 2007 07:37:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  10:43:06 AM  Show Profile
Wow yous are doing a great job with your aprons I love them all!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 133 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page