Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic
Page: of 133

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  4:10:18 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Wow, you all have been so busy while I have been in the canine infirmary. Patient is doing well....drain coming out of her back makes me wanna puke, tho.

Anyways, got a little time to sew today.....starting to make all my aprons reversible.....

E....I borrowed your idea for the yo yo cherries on the pocket....thanks so much!
Stephanie...thanks for all the links....I can't wait to check them all out.
Georgean....the apron is adorable...and the job is perfect for you....I hope you get a discount on fabric....oh no, all your paychecks will go right back to them. Would you believe I always wanted to have a small tea/coffee/bakeshop....small town...everyone stopping in for a chat....well maybe some day (probably not, since I already realized the farm dream)...but I will definitely make a trip to see your shop.
Mima.....where've you been? Good to see you pop in for a chat.
Kathie...thanks for the JoAnn update....will check out those quilting fabrics tomorrow.
Love you all!!!!!!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Check out my shoppe at www.honeybeez.etsy.com
www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com , www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  4:39:35 PM  Show Profile
Hey Bev,

Your reversible apron is just adorable as usual The reversible seem to be very popular with good reason..get two looks out of one apron

Are your Etsy shop sales constant? I hear so many commenting about the slow sales but I guess it's like anything else you gotta get out there and visit with folks to invite them to look at what you sell. Like most things it just takes time!

Anyway, I love seeing your aprons and I'm glad to hear your doggie is recovering.

Talk to ya later, Stephanie

www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  4:48:15 PM  Show Profile
great apron bev...my last few aprons have been reversible, too.

All you tea room ladies...restaurants and coffee houses are a tough gig. I had 2 restaurants and a coffe shop for years...don't let the glamour fool you...it is tough work with little reward. But, I did know all the gossip on all the locals! We were very famous and had our extremely successful times...i am a wealth of retail restaurant info...good and bad, but i am warning you, it is a hard gig...especially if you need it to pay all your bills! An the hours may kill you.

Glad to hear your dog is doing well.

Stephanie...glad you got our package..Carmen threw in the doll sized bools for ya! She eats this stuff up..knows everyones screen names and real names and talks of you all as she knows you like one of the neighbors or something. She was telling some friends of the fam about all of you over the weekend, and thenn it came out after a while that we are all internet friends, and boy did i get some strange reactions!

Georgann...you are outdoing yourself once again...sounds like things are certainly looking up for you!!

Everyone else..keep posting...I love reading!!

Cheers...jess
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  4:58:25 PM  Show Profile
Bev, love your apron and hang in there....your pup is getting better, I know it is hard, but just close your eyes and pull!! Hmmm....Maybe I'll move up to PA and open the shop there!! I'll bring Stephanie from Tennessee...she is my creative director! We'll have a grand time!
G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  5:24:16 PM  Show Profile
Jess,
Yeah, restaurant work is probably the hardest other than production (sweat shops) but hey, this is a dream so when you are dreaming you throw everything out there and then you scoop out the poop that doesn't suit you..LOL

My ex-mother in law owned and ran a rural Diner for 20 years. She loved it and was known as "Aunt Ora" and knew all the scoop on everyone for miles around..LOL

The "Stitch n Sip" is not gonna work anyone into the ground because Georgann is gonna be surrounded by those that "just want to help out" because she's so wonderful....WooHoo!! They are gonna be there already sewing and other stuff so they may as well help wash those teacups, right?

Like I've said before....the written word is the first step to making dreams come true so you may as well write down all the wonderful things you want to manifest

And by the way, I'm blogging about the package you sent to me They are definitely "Artful little Aprons" and the address label has to shown off!

Talk to you later, Stephanie ~ Creative Director

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  7:17:34 PM  Show Profile
O K Georgann- your gonna have to charge admission at the door or you will have all us girls hangin out stitchin and sippin and we'll never be on our way!!!
There won't be room for paying customers-

You really have done everything Georgann!

Bev-glad your pup is improving!

Hugs to all
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  7:21:05 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Georgean...I really like the apron...great fabric choices and I like the ribbon. It just seems to me that with your creativity.....there should be a special job somewhere for you where you can use those creative juices! /stephanie.....good luck with the move....I can always use some bias tape...double fold, narrow and wide. Let me know what you want to get rid of. I love fabric......I might be interested.

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  7:36:49 PM  Show Profile
OMG!! I leave for the day and when I come back there are tons of gorgeous new aprons!!! Bravo all you super stitching ladies.
Georgann, you need to start a retirement home for farmgirl friends:
Georgann's Farmgirl Friends Retirement and Crafting Community Home.
That way we can all be old biddies crafting away together. I'll give you a decade or 2 to get that planned ~ LOL!!!!
I did pick up some fabrics at Joann's today~I see more aprons in my future.

http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/spiritspace.htmlSoap
http://groups.msn.com/spiritspaceCrafting Group
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  8:17:58 PM  Show Profile
Hey Bev,

I'm trying very hard not to stress over this move with soooo much to pack (again). We've been here for 18 months so it's almost like I just got settled and now I'm gonna do it again...LOL

But the state of mind we were in on our arrival here it's a wonder I got unpacked at all! Hurricane Katrina ran us out of Mississippi and I had always wanted to go back home to Tennessee so this was a slight detour on the way Tennessee will be my last stop after 49 years of traveling! Another dream of mine is to stay in one place for at least 2 decades.

So I have the advantage this time to stay organized and start packing away stuff that I don't use everyday and store in the extra bedroom that is empty anyway.

If you know anyone looking for a mountain home on 5 acres tell them to contact me. I'm right at Lookout Mountain about 12 miles from the Georgia state line and about 40 miles south of Chattanooga, Tennessee. It would make a great investment property for mountain getaways or would make a great Hobby Farm.

Anyway, how many yards of Bias tape do you need for your aprons? And what (finished) width do you use? Would you make your own bias if you had the bias strips already cut and sewn together ready to pull through the bias maker do-dah thingy?

Hey Bonne,

I'm gonna email you...I want to blog about a tut you have at your MSN group

Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  8:30:27 PM  Show Profile
Yes this thread is like a runaway train! I love coming here and seeing Lots of Posts.

Georgann, I would love a copy of your apron... I will email you. Congrats on your job. How great would it be to play with fabric all day.

Bev, I Just Love the Cherry Apron!!! Glad to be your muse! I hope your dog is doing ok.

I too got fabric today at Joanns... But But But They had Alexander Henry's Picnic and In the Kitchen, SO I just had to get it. I have a few yards of his Pantry too. I do have a serious problem. Obsessive compulsive fabric buying disorder. But at least I use it.

Maybe we should have a secret pal full apron swap! Make your favorite full apron pattern!

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  9:02:36 PM  Show Profile
Hey Ya'll.....I just couldn't sleep, so I got up and made my work apron to wear to Hancock Fabrics! All the gals there wear shortie utility aprons that they have made. I was told any apron will do, whatever I wanted was fine. If I didn't know how to sew an apron they said they could issue me one of their standard burgandy preprinted with Hancock's Fabrics. Well.......LOL Wait till they get a load of this one. Of course, not like anyone else's in the store! LOL.....I think I've said, never give me carte blanche on an apron! LOL. But I just had to use a thrifted pair of men's pants and that really kicky trim that Lisa sent to me and a touch of Farmgirl Fabric!! I figure if Mary Jane can wear a fun apron while she is working, than so can I!!! Made myself a handy dandy scissor holster! LOL

Yeee Haw....Cut 'em up Farmgirl!!!! Fold 'em up.....Check 'em out!! Cuttin, Cuttin, Cuttin....Keep them Farmgirls Cuttin! Oh, dear Georgie's finally lost it! LOL

More photos on my blog......Going to bed now.
G

"Made With Love"

Edited by - Aunt George on Aug 15 2007 9:04:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bonne
True Blue Farmgirl

3003 Posts

Bonne
Littleton CO
USA
3003 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  9:18:17 PM  Show Profile
Oh, for Pete's Sake! Looks like a leather trimmed holster!
I can't stand how creative your brain works~ROFL!
You know the other gals at Hancock's are going to be green with envy.

http://www.bonne1313.homestead.com/spiritspace.htmlSoap
http://groups.msn.com/spiritspaceCrafting Group
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  9:28:01 PM  Show Profile
Georgann.... You are going to start a trend at Hancocks! What a great apron! I love the holster! I did check out your blog and got to see a big picture of your chocolate Paris apron... WOW I totally love it. I have a laptop, so unless the pictures are huge, I cant really see the fabric.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  9:35:35 PM  Show Profile
I still need to sew the ties on.... but these are for the shop.

Did I mention that this is a cup cake shop. If these go over well... I just found 2 more cupcake prints at my favorite online fabric dealer.

I love the kids in the aprons!

E-

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  10:25:44 PM  Show Profile
okay georgann..the holster is great.

Stephanie...dream big and everyone can do it...i am not stepping on anyone's...don't get me wrong.

Elizabeth...lovely aprons...great fun prints...and good for you!! Glad you finally got the laundry day print and made some cool stuff out of it!!

good night....jess
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2007 :  11:46:12 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth,

Love the cupcake aprons
You think you've got a Fabric Disorder! You should walk in my house and see mine..LOL A psychiatrist would probably come up with new disorder and prescribe heavy medication to make me stop! It wouldn't work..RITFLOL

Georgann,

That apron picture needs to be in my Artful Apron Challenge!!! It is totally what I call "Artful" and more...Too cool!! Can't wait to hear about the reaction you get when you put it on. You'll probably have customers wanting you to teach a class on making one of them.

Jess,

Honey I didn't think you were stepping on anyone's dreams I was just off in my dream La-La land...LOL Just being me! You are a sweetheart!!

Talk to ya later, Stephanie

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  12:34:38 AM  Show Profile
Oh you girls are grand and I do mean grand. Working on quilt blocks right now but boy do I wanna sew an apron!!!!!!
That and I am laughing at myself, Stephanie I was so thrilled to go see the site for Mary's aprons, one of them looked familiar, dahhhh I bought it awhile back and haven't had a chance to make it. Our Ben Franklin store here sells them. I knew I loved them but didn't remember the gals name. LOL
Soon, soon an apron in progress.....rats, no digital to show you.....
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  03:34:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Oh my gosh, you gals were up late last night....oh yea, forgot...you West Coast gals have another 3 hours after I am asleep!

E, I love the aprons....your prints are great. I need you to come fabric shopping with me. Way too cute as usual!

Georgean...you are too too much....that apron is terrific...what a stir you are going to cause at Hancocks....of course, you know, now all the other employees will have apron envy.

Stephanie....I use all sizes and sometime make my own, so strips are good too. I am not picky, I can use just about anything in one way or another. Oh yea, I need a little computer tutorial from you....like how do you get the names in red? I can do it only if I go back and edit it after I post. Oh yea, staying in one place for a while can be good. Best of luck with all the arrangements!

Carol Sue....get with the digital program.....we need pictures!!!! Do you need a camera?

Jess, I never heard, how was Hectic Hotelroom???

Ok, I am off to sew....checking back later with pictures! Also off to JoAnns today....need a fix!

Keep Smiling.....Bev

Edited by - Bee Haven Maven on Aug 16 2007 03:36:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  03:38:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Stephanie I think I figured out the HTML thingie for colors.....

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  05:30:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
This is what happens when you get up at 5 AM.....

Do you all think I need to find a new design?? I seem hooked on this style!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  05:46:20 AM  Show Profile
Oh Bev...it was grreat!! We went and toured te Louisville Slugger Bat factory and Museum...Louisville Zooo...ate dinner at this great little pizza place called Wick's...fell into bed...ate breakfast at this funky little diner...Goose Creek Diner(i think it was called)--and some really nice guy thought the kids were so cute and well behaved he bought our entire breakfast!!!!! The we went on a river cruise on the old steamboat/paddleboat--The Louisville Belle...met up with some friends of my family ate dinner at their house and the kids swam in their pool...got up Monday morning...breakfast in hotel room and went to Louisville Science Center all day and ate dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory...then drove home! It was a whirlwind, but so totally fun and the kids had a ball and were so good the entire time! Thanks for asking Bev!

And...love your newest apron. the stripes are too cute...jess
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  05:54:24 AM  Show Profile
Jess, it sounds like such fun and free breakfast to boot? That is so nice, see there are so many nice folks out there. Oh, and don't worry, you didn't hurt my feelings. Reality is: I probably will never get to open my dream shop...I know that, but I love to dream and plan, just in case the opportunity is placed in front of me, I want to be ready! LOL I have even started my special recipe book for the shop.

Wow, Bev, did you make that whole apron just this morning? Wow, it is beautiful!!! Love the stripes and then reverses to the flowers!!! Cool!!!

E...so glad you like the Paris apron.....It almost smells like chocolate!!

Well, made another work apron this morning. This one is Joan Jett meets Lily Munster! LOL

G

"Made With Love"

Edited by - Aunt George on Aug 16 2007 05:56:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  06:03:17 AM  Show Profile
okay so let us take a peek at it!!

it is fun to dream..i know a lot of peeps who turned dreams into reality and then realized it was not as great as they thought.

we did it...it was fun...learned a lot...now we don't do it!

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  06:04:49 AM  Show Profile
okay...just checked it out...this is very awesomoe...and a whole new you! Great use of stars and an old pair of jeans! YOu are gonna knock their socks off with yuor fun and funky little aprons!!
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2007 :  06:11:45 AM  Show Profile
OK Girls- a little technical info is needed.
I can see that you all are using bias tape on these aprons. It looks great but I tried a couple of times and it looks- well it looks just BAD.
What width?
Any tricks? My fabric seems to pull away out of the tape. When I finish the whole long seam around I'll find a little place and inch or so where the tape is not sewn to the fabric.
Makes me want to toss it!!!!
I told Georgann I have bias-phobia!!!!
Any help is appreciated!
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 133 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page