Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic
Page: of 133

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  10:03:13 AM  Show Profile
ok...first off....hahahaha....when have I said "golly gosh"????
I say,
good golly
good gracious
goodness gracious
and probably a few others I'm forgetting...but golly gosh? sounds like something Lil' Orphan Annie would say....hahaha...
Now, if I were meeting up with you ladies at Bev's farm, what exactly would you ladies be doing for NON-acoholic drinks? haha...yeesh...
you gals are soo funny....funny to read first thing whewn you get up...um..no not up at noon...but um...maybe 11:30..yeah... i know...far to late...
*grinz*

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  10:09:47 AM  Show Profile
Get your rump out of the bed girl!!!!

We can whip you up the same thing we'll be having .. minus the alcohol..

So.. what's your excuse for sleepin'in Miss Molly?

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  10:31:38 AM  Show Profile
uuuum....uh...I need my I need my 9 hours of sleep?
:D

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  10:55:40 AM  Show Profile
okay Nay...we have all kinds of things you can drink!!!

oh, and you are right it was good golly!!!!

Edited by - smoothiejuice on Aug 07 2007 10:57:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  2:10:22 PM  Show Profile
I am already thinking about our get together at Bev's farm next year. I am practicing having drinks and staying up late at night just to get ready.
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  2:51:42 PM  Show Profile
Well.. Practrice Makes Perfect!!

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  6:40:57 PM  Show Profile
ooohh...good idea...i need to practice too!!!
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  11:52:03 PM  Show Profile
Ok, I got that big order out to Korea, Sent off the other wholesale order.... and everyone is sleeping... SO I made this

I still need to put the pockets on... but I have also cut out 2 more!!!

then it will be back to soaping, soaping, soaping!

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  07:37:11 AM  Show Profile
good work and nice color choices Elizabeth!!
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  11:52:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
E....I LOVE that fabric...almost bought it myself online. Okay gals....you all are talking about this farm get-together next summer.....Jess, we have not picked a date, yet. I am actually planning on having a blueberry fest...but not til 2009, cause the bushes need to grow up a bit. But....a farmgirl get-together would be the greatest....so, you all have to let me know what month next summer we should plan this shindig for?? We can do it during the week, over a long weekend....whatever....I am open for any and all suggestions. Now, that staying up late thing.....I am going to have to go into training. I turn into a pumpkin around 9 at night. That's ok, I have plenty of time to get ready!

So, here are the activities available for your enjoyment....hiking, 4 wheeling, swimming,hot-tub/sauna (unfortunately no masseuse on premises)mountain biking, horseback riding, fishing, horse-shoes, antiquing, Amish markets, volleyball, night-time campfires, lots of food and drink and just hanging out. I think it will be a great time!!!

So, I got home from the farm around noon and am catching up on stuff at home...updated my blogs with new pictures. I am going to take tomorrow to get some sewing done and then back to the farm for more garden chores til Monday.
I sure do miss you guys when I can't get to a computer. Can't tell you how much you all mean to me!!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Check out my shoppe at www.honeybeez.etsy.com
www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com , www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  12:28:17 PM  Show Profile
hmmm...can we hire out some young hot really buff masseuses?

July is fairly busy for me, but June is wonderful!!

How long can my husband play mom and function without me. I better do all the funstuff the first day so if he has an airlift hired to come grab me and take me home I will atleast have had some fun.

Plan away...it will probably just be fun for us to all actually just meet!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  12:55:49 PM  Show Profile
Well.. June is Fine with me too.. As long as it doesn't fall On Mine or my Husband's Birthday's.. ( the 16th or 18th.. ) poor baby.. he'd feel so neglected if i left him on either date!

i was thinking last nite.. we need to do Swaps too.. like Girl Scouts!
You know.. bring along things!

I think we'll have enough to do just getting together.. But..
Speaking of conditioning.. I bet we'll have to work on our ribs & cheeks too.. Because i KNOW we'll be doing alot of laughing!!

Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  1:01:28 PM  Show Profile
Well if you are taking requests, it would have to be Aug for me. I have shows during June and July... then I start again in Sept and go through Dec. But go with the majority... I am the only one with a weird schedule.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  2:05:32 PM  Show Profile
HHhhmmmm....

Well i'm good with just about ANYTIME.. just would Rather not be gone for our Birthdays..
Seems as though i have tons of other Summer Birthdays.. But if i'm home those couple days..I think i'll be good..Romancing you know..! ( Buttering up before i go!!)

Edited by - Kathie on Aug 08 2007 2:05:57 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 08 2007 :  2:15:34 PM  Show Profile
hey look at you Kathie!!! 1000 posts!! Congrats!
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  12:39:59 AM  Show Profile
Woo Hoo 100 posts!

Back to aprons~

I am really am liking this one, I got this fabric a week or so ago, and the ruffle too. But the trim I had for a few years... got it on sale, and got 5 yrs. I wish I had gotten more and all 3 colors. Oh well. But it just happened to be the right size and color for this one.

E-

Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  01:10:25 AM  Show Profile
Oh how I wish I lived closer to you gals, I would really really love meeting you and spending time, there had better be pictures girls, espcially with the mojitos in hand. LOL
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  01:52:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Carol Sue....none of us live close....and you have a year to save for air fare!!!! We've got plenty of room and if we run out of beds, there is always camping!!! We'll even supply the tents!

E- Now that is a beautiful apron........wow, you have inspired me...I LOVE the trim.......perfect job......Oh man do I wish I could get sewing today!!! Too dang much produce to deal with.

E- June is so much prettier on the farm....and not so dang hot.....ok, there has to be a little time there that you don't have a show?????? I don't want us to get together without you.....or for that matter without any of us!!! And we can do it in August..... it just gets a bit sticky in PA....and usually a drought, and that makes everything so brown....yuck! Well, we have a bit of time to figure it all out.

Kathie....the swap idea is great...of course that includes aprons!!!!!! Any other ideas????

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  03:40:29 AM  Show Profile
We will be there! Just name the date and the girls and I will show up with gifts in hand and ready to camp out!!

Elisabeth.....love the blue and yellow rose apron...the trim just really sets it off! But both of your aprons are so very pretty!!

I am drinking my coffee out of an vintage china cup this morning. Went thrifting yesterday and found some great bargains. Also I finally have an apron in the works. It is for KTKnits....finally came across a nice floral dark print fabric. I hope it turns into something really special. It is in exchange for some hand knitted socks! Oh, KT....the swatch you sent is gorgeous!!! Thank you for the card too!!

Saw the most curious apron in an antique consignment shop a couple of weeks ago. Not really even sure that I like it, but it was truly unique. I've never ever seen a pattern for it nor have I seen an apron like it. It took me a while to figure out how to put it on even. Let me see if I can describe it: It had a back neck piece like on Bev's full aprons..you know about 4 inches wide and curved then at the shoulder front it had two really long...about thigh length ovals gathered on the short end and sewn into the neck/shoulder front edge. One of the ovals had two waist darts about six inches apart and about 6 inches in length and the two waist bands originated from them. The darts were located near the middle edge of this long oval piece. So when you put it on, you hang it around your neck...lay the plan long oval next to your body, center the other oval over the under oval and then run the long ties around to your back and tie them.

Is all of that plain as mud? LOL....really kind of cool, simple and ingenious. It really wouldn't take much fabric to make this apron. I do think I would shape the ovals more so that they didn't ride up on the neckline, but it did give great front coverage. Oh, the edges were bound with seam tape. Oh and it had one pocket on the oval piece with the ties. Forgot to mention that. When on it had a real 50's feel to the cut and wrap. I'll have to try to make one and post it so ya'll can see what I am talking about.

Just thought I'd share that one.

G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

"Made With Love"

Edited by - Aunt George on Aug 09 2007 03:53:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  03:56:28 AM  Show Profile
Oh, and Jess, I still have your box full of yarn to go out.....Can you send me your address again today? Pretty please? As ya'll know my life went into the crapper for a while there, but I think that I am peaking out over the rim right now! LOL....even went thrifting yesterday and have an apron on the table too! LOL.....G

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  04:28:53 AM  Show Profile
Jess, do I hear road trip?? I can pick you up in Indy and we can head east from there!

Anytime after April 15 and before Dec 15 is good for me!

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  04:53:05 AM  Show Profile
Aunt George
I just made the apron you described.A friend saw it at a garden show, asked to borrow it for a pattern and I kinda made a pattern from the original. I'm still tweaking it- I'll try to get a picture- it's dirty right now- cause I wear it every day!!

Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  05:04:12 AM  Show Profile
Autumn...that is so great! So I guess my description was fairly clear. I would love to see your version of it. Such a unique style, and I think if it was tweaked just right it would be such a great little apron!! I can hardly wait to see yours. I'll try my hand at it too from memory and draping on my sewing form.

G

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  06:17:58 AM  Show Profile
Oh...Aunt George...it is so great to see you back and in full swing...show us some amazing aprons! I will send you my address again...hope you are having a better go of things!!

Kathy(ktknits)...road trip it is...I have driven to PA 3 or 4 times, it is a nice drive! We may need to abduct Elizabeth on our way...hmmm...maybe I need to look at a map.

Kathie...you bet we should make swaps...I loved that part about Girl Scouts...and then Rotary International Youth Exchange has their own twist also...it was soooo fun to do that program as a 16 yr old!!!

Elizabeth...that apron is gorgeous!!

Carol Sue...start auctioning off those yo yos...one quarter at a time!! Save your quarters and come to PA!! YOu can do it sister!!!

HHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.......what to swap with people who are all so talented!!!???????????

Take it easy girls...it is going to be a hot one!!!
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  06:49:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
OK Georgean....and by the way, I am so glad you are back on this thread!!...I need pictures. I was trying to imagine this apron and all I could see was myself tied in knots of fabric, rolling around on the sewing room floor trying to get that apron on in some semblance of order......not a pretty site....Pictures please, Autumn.

Ok, so it seems that if we plan this just right, you all should be able to pick each other up for a road trip to PA....I will supply good directions when the time comes! Oh, I am more excited than you can imagine.....our very own Girl Scout Camporee!!!....S'mores too. Or....a really big pajama party for very grown up farmgirls.....

I did something very frivolous the other day....I was wandering around on E-bay and found a beautiful white Civil War era apron for sale.....of course I had to bid on it. I needed it like a hole in the head, but I love antiques and what better than a really old apron for my collection (that I have not yet really started)....so I bid on it.......yikes.....but I limited my highest bid to $50(gulp).......guess what? I lost. Boo hoo.....oh well, it was a beauty, but I could not justify spending any more than that.......now I am kicking myself....(it probably sold for $51.50....I didn't have the heart to look)

I did, however find a beautiful old treadle machine at an antique market last weekend.....oak stand in mint condition and still working....THAT little darling happened to follow me home (actually dear hubby told me the price was too good to pass up and he encouraged me to get it!.....WAHOOOOOO!
Now, about swaps......I think we should have a "surprise" swap, too....where no one has any idea what it will be (I love surprises).

Keep Smiling.....Bev

Edited by - Bee Haven Maven on Aug 09 2007 06:52:32 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 133 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page