Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic
Page: of 133

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  07:40:31 AM  Show Profile

It looks a bit big on my 98 lb teenager

As you can see I haven't pressed it or washed it yet!!
I am having trouble getting it to hang just right and this is my second attempt- close but not quite right yet.
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  07:54:20 AM  Show Profile
ohhhhhhhhhhhh...............very cool!! Now I get it!!! Thanks for the pic!!

And yes, Bev...surprise swap...but we should set some swapping guidelines so someone doesnt show up with a clothespin, while someone else shows up and has full aprons for each and every one of us with our names hand embroidered across the pocket, with hand tatting across the bottoms...I can just see me being the one with the clothespin!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  08:05:37 AM  Show Profile
Yup Autumn, that is exactly it!!!! It looks really good on your teenager! Much better than on me. I just thought is so clever in design. No wasted fabric! I like the way you shaped the neckline...doesn't ride up the neck. Hmm....could I possibly trade you a pattern?

Oh, and Bev, I'll make Girlscout Campfire stew and walking salad if any one remembers those from GS campouts?
G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  08:19:17 AM  Show Profile
hmmm...do we need sit up ons? I have 3 of my own girl scout troops, and all the manuals!!! This could get very hilarious!!

Yes, share that pattern girl!
Go to Top of Page

DeepsouthMamma
True Blue Farmgirl

1454 Posts

Autumn
Southwest Louisiana
USA
1454 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  09:21:44 AM  Show Profile
Be glad to trade patterns- I'd be glad to just send you the pattern I made so you can do the tweaking!! I can't get it to hang straight- I am a quilter -I dont enjoy making any kind of clothes. If it doesn't work the first time I get so frustrated-
I'll send you the pattern I made if you email me- then you figure it out and send me the one that works and I'll consider it a great trade!!!
Paper for paper!!:)
Autumn

Isaiah 40:31
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  11:00:14 AM  Show Profile
Do we have electricity?

What about an real apron Sew a long....

I would also be totally into someone doing a quilting demo, or we can all do a mystery quilt top.

I could do a bath & body product demo. Sold lotions, sugar scrubs, Whipped Shea, Balms, Lotions and Soap!

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  11:03:37 AM  Show Profile
We could all make buddy burners and cook veggie burgers outside! LOL

You know this sounds like it is turning into a mini-Woodstock kind of thing....Cool Deal!! Hmmm....Maybe hint hint MJ could come....kind of like MJ's in the East???!!!???

BeeHaven Maven's Farmgirl Jamboree!!!

G

"Made With Love"

Edited by - Aunt George on Aug 09 2007 11:04:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

ktknits
True Blue Farmgirl

582 Posts

Kathy
Northwest Indiana
USA
582 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  11:10:17 AM  Show Profile
Oh Jess....did you read E's post? We're taking the sewing machines! I'll plan to bring the pickup truck (the bed is covered) and we can load it up--maybe we'll just antique and thrift all the way from IN to PA!

Sell those yo-yo's & save your quarters....

http://ktknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  11:10:27 AM  Show Profile
this is fabulous!!!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  11:32:04 AM  Show Profile
Are there any farmgirls coming out from the Springfield Illinois area? I have an antique Singer Treadle machine waiting for me at my sister's house???!!!

We could bring our treadles if possible and sew aprons at the Farmgirl Jamboree!! This gives me almost a year to save up and work on things.

Oh, E....is it possible to do a soaping instructional? Do you ever do your soap outside in a kettle? That might be too much to ask.

Jess and Kathy....you two are going to be two wild farmgirls!! Wish I could ride up with ya'll!!

G

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  11:32:53 AM  Show Profile
what a fabulous plan kt...man...i have a 15 passenger van...you should see how much it holds with no seats in it...although it is my main kid carting vehicle, so i would have to steal it from my husband while i abandon him with 7 kids!! load up the machines, a few tubs of fun fabric...thrifting and antiquing we will go..we can be like a better thelma and louise! I have never been away from my kids...my oldest is almost 10! Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall in my house while I am away?!! This is going to be so fun!!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  11:36:04 AM  Show Profile
maybe we should get a school bus and just ride around picking up girls for this...we might end up arrested! I keep trying to convince my husband to buy me a school bus and let me modify the insides and paint the outside in a fun farmgirl kind of way, but alas..he is trying to hold on to every conservative thread of dignity left in his body!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  11:42:47 AM  Show Profile
oh and elizabeth...if i do not get over there to soap with you, would this be a fun event...we could work together and make 1000 pounds of soap!! Can you imagine the mayhem...what is a good preservative? i just got your email from awhile ago...it got stuck in spam box...sorry! Bev...this is going to be a blast!!!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  11:56:52 AM  Show Profile
I'm thinking.. Fly into Indiana.. & the Ride along with Jess & Kathy.. ( Georganne??? Wonder if we could pull THAT off! )
Dang.. a whole year away!!
I'm excited NOW!!

Autumn I absolutely LOVE this Apron!! i don't think i've even seen one quite like it ever before.. maybe something similar here & there.. but really nothing quite as perfect as this!!!
I have to make one!!

Elizabeth!! I love that sweet baby blue & the yellow.. Those teeny roses are so delicate!! you just never know how pretty an Apron will turn out until it's finished.. do you?

Ok.. I'm all packed girls!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  12:02:21 PM  Show Profile
okay can we just start making our way there now...and we will getthere in one year so we can find all kinds of fun along the way!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  12:20:24 PM  Show Profile
ok girls..i have to Brag ..
I don't have pictures just yet.. So jess If you did take a picture.. Go ahead & blow your horn Little Girl.. because this Apron is SO TRULY ME!!

Jessica made me the most PERFECT Apron!
it's reversable.. it's a full Apron, Styled along the lines of some of yours E... One side is Pink with Black Skeletons.. & the pocket has a a black skeleton transfer on it..What did you call it Jess? Flocking?
AND!!
They other side.. as cute & tough as the Pink/ Skeletons are couln't be more extreme!
The Reverse side is a pale blue.. with Pink & White Apple Blossoms!
AND !! As if THIS wasn't a truly wonderful enough gift.. guess what Else my girl Did? She tucked in a Mini Apron in Each Pocket!! To Match EACH Side!!!
SOOOOOoooooo cute!!
AND.. As I was making such a huge fuss over it all.. & loking for a utility man outside to wrangle in to come my new addition to.. I was thinking.. & PLEASE! Correct me if i am Wrong.. Because I may be just dilerious over my beautiful apron.. But.. I'm THINKING.. Are These MY VERY first Mini Apron's too ????
Isn't THIS a Hoot!!
If they aren't.. I apologise for forgetting another that I've received.. but I right now.. am NOT recalling any others!!
( Besides all the lovelies sitting waiting in the swap.. but really.. i can't count those just yet!)

So..My Sweet jessie pooh!! Thanks SOOOOoo much..For ALL of My Apron's
& girls.. I will post pictures as soon as i can..!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  12:40:48 PM  Show Profile
oh kathie you are so hilarious! you are most welcome...i have a few more aprons going out this weekend to some others. Dont feel left out if you dont get one, i have some i have owed people all summer that have to go to those kind waiting souls!

i will have to find the pic and post it!
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  1:02:44 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by smoothiejuice

oh and elizabeth...if i do not get over there to soap with you, would this be a fun event...we could work together and make 1000 pounds of soap!! Can you imagine the mayhem...what is a good preservative? i just got your email from awhile ago...it got stuck in spam box...sorry! Bev...this is going to be a blast!!!

Well I have friends who drove around in a school bus during the late 60's and early 70's with the catipiller and the hooka painted on the side.

I also have a friend who converted a school bus to propane and took it to buring man.

No primative soaping
no kettle over the fire soap & home made wood ash/KOA. I use digital scales and food grade lye, kitchen aid stick blender and all veggie ingredients. But you will be so much happier with the results. When they have the demo at festivals... they use tallow since it will stay liquid for days, KOA since it also will never make solid soap & add a ton of water... then they pitch it... because no one would actually want to use it. Not even for laundry soap.

Lotion making is actually the hardest to do and get right. That is why most people who have it on their product line buy it premade from one of a number of companies and just add color and scent. But I can do a demo making it on the stove. That is how I make all of mine.

Jess & Parabens... Use Phenonip, Liquapar Ultima or Germaben II. Dont screw around with the rest, grapefruit seed extract, rosemary oil extract and vit e are not parabens..... Most other "natural parabens" they are not broad enough break down and generally really dont work. Phenonip is actually the most forgiving, you can use it in oil or water based products, it also stays intact at the highest temp with out breaking down and has a great anti fungal component. Dont let them sell you on something natural because it is better or safer on your person. The stuff that could grow in your product is actually SO much more dangerous...

Bev, when are we going to see pic of your treadle?

LOL I want to learn how to quilt! Tat and maybe learn somehting like knitting!

What else can we do?

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  1:06:04 PM  Show Profile
oh...i would love to pick up your tredle for you...where exactly is it?
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  1:08:41 PM  Show Profile
okay elizabeth you spout it all out and make it sound soooo freakishly easy...hmmm...i am still sitting here with my mouth open! I am going to make this stuff!!!... and my daughter is on me now to get busy with the lip balms so she can give them away for valentines day with a yo yo heart from maryjane lee's pattern tied to it! I really am a derilect(sp?) i think!!
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  1:09:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
ok, Kathy and Jess...if you all are going to drive from Indiana to Pa and antique and thrift along the way, then I am going to fly to Indiana(with kathie)and go with you....hate to miss out on any of the fun!! LOL.

Wow, now, I can just see us out in the orchard with our treadle machines a flying......too cool. I have 2 treadles that work in case someone does not have one......

Instructionals are a great idea.....Sheryl-lyn needs to give us some quilting tips and E....definitely a soap demonstration..(we have a campfire circle...do I need to buy a cauldron?) Georgean...you just need to bring along that amazing creativity so it rubs off on all of us. Jess....we would love some clothespins!!!! or any other thing you can come up with as long as it comes with you (you are such a sweetie pie!). Kathie....you definitely need to bring that sense of humor....you make us all laugh so often! Oh yea, perhaps Sherl-lyn can give us a kayaking demo in our pond....and Kathie....you are going to try it too!! Autumn...we haven't heard from you...are you interested in joining us for a MJF farmgirls east camporee???

I think an apron swap is a great idea, but I am inclined to make a Bee Haven Farmgirl Retreat apron for each of you......(Thank God I have a year!)

Here is today's project (Finally I think I am going to keep this one) I have been holding on to this fabric waiting to come up with just the right idea....and here it is. I think I really like this one...I have to add the ties. Oh yea, I took Georgean's lead and repurposed an old denim jumper.....

I sure do love you guys!!!
Keep Smiling.....Bev
Check out my shoppe at www.honeybeez.etsy.com
www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com , www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com

Edited by - Bee Haven Maven on Aug 09 2007 1:16:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  1:17:55 PM  Show Profile
HOLY SH!T do i love that one !!! I have been hanging onto that fabric for the perfect thing...and that one is fab!!!

FLy over, you are most welcome!!

otherwise...all kinds of fam in illinois...i will grab your machine and kathy and i will bring it home to its mama!

Edited by - smoothiejuice on Aug 09 2007 1:18:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  1:20:06 PM  Show Profile
okay throw that girl up on the dressform and photo it again!! I want to see it more...or pluck it up and throw it on and show it on yourself...this one is yours!!!
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  1:26:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Jess, as you can see, I would have to wrestle her away from Charlie Brown....I think he likes it too.....

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Check out my shoppe at www.honeybeez.etsy.com
www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com , www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 09 2007 :  1:28:37 PM  Show Profile
well...never wake a sleeping kitty!

just do it later!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 133 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page