Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic
Page: of 133

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  12:01:08 PM  Show Profile
I know I know I know and it would look better, be the same fabric or any fabric I wanted with the fiber content I choose..... but BUT BUT! I have sooo much stuff to do right now.... maybe in Jan when I get a little break.

Jess, I broke my foot being DUMB! It is a marching fracture in #4 on the right and I sprained my ankle too. I was food shopping and was carrying the baby... tripped and caught myself in a bad way. Baby and the chicken sausages are fine.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  12:17:48 PM  Show Profile
Well, atleast you saved the baby!!! Good job for that!!! Get well...hope it is not your sewing foot.
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  6:33:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Thank God the chicken sausages are ok...... Now Kathie, I want to call your number at work and use the HOLY Cow over and over just for sh....s and giggles. You tell the best stories....really, I think you might make a good stand up comic...just telling your stories! I'd pay to hear them!

I am going to rename this thread Tales from the Gimp Squad.......

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Check out my shoppe at www.honeybeez.etsy.com
www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com , www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  6:38:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Oh yea, E....it is much easier to make the bias tape yourself than I ever imagined......I cut my fabric strips with a cutting wheel and sewed them in no time and the little bias tape tool gets it folded perfectly so that you just pull it along the fabric and then iron as you go......easy squeezy.

oh yea, wanted to tell you gals......I picked 58 cukes from my garden yesterday...I am going to be up to my a.... in pickles. You all are getting a jar of dill pickles for Christmas!!!!!!! what was I thinking? And my hubby is warning me that we are going to have a tomato crisis.....I planted 30 tomato plants and they are all thriving.........anyone wanna come to PA and help me do some canning?????? No, really, I am dead serious!! How bout a working vacation to Bee Haven Acres?????? The pay isn't good, but the fringe benefits are great....and all the tomatoes you can fit in you suitcase to take home!!!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  9:08:14 PM  Show Profile
if i only did not have kids...i would be in my car driving already...your farm and blog and all the everything i knkow about you is just scrumptious!! I just wanna come over and play!!! I was excited to have 4 cukes this year from a solitary volunteer plant from the compost area! YOu go Bev!!!
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 04 2007 :  10:56:44 PM  Show Profile
Bev, I am still counting on you hosting a gathering next year. Jess, do you think you can get away for a day or 2?

Kathie, I also thought about calling you and Saying "Holy Cow". I have a friend who's husband grew up in India.... so I can find a few choice things to add to that list.

OK I will get one of these bias tape things sooner or later. So how are the rolled hemming feet going?

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  07:03:31 AM  Show Profile
oh yes..I am making certain that I am very careful...when Bev has her get together...I want to be very available...ie...not prego like happens to me often, and not toting a very tiny tot. we will see how that works out. It gives me something to work towards atleast.

By the way...as of last MOnday...it is the longest span of time that I have known my husband and not been pregnant!!! Our baby just turned 15 months old!!! Usually by now I am only a fewweeks from delivering the next one!!!
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  4:01:53 PM  Show Profile
well, I finally got pictures of my most recent aprons....here is one, and the other one you can see by going to www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  4:30:40 PM  Show Profile
great job Nay...and great colors!!!
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  4:49:38 PM  Show Profile
Very nice, I like the pink & green one!

E-

Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  7:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Naomi, I , too, like that pink one the best....very cute!! Your etsy is great. I love your redwork tea towell! Oh by the way, your dress dummy is dressed very nice....makes me feel awful...cause mine is naked (I better fix that!)

Keep Smiling.....Bev

Edited by - Bee Haven Maven on Aug 05 2007 7:37:00 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  8:19:44 PM  Show Profile
hmmm....my honey pie of a husband was telling me tonight that he'd like to buy me a new machine, and what kind would I like...maybe I should try to squeeze out a dress form, too. What kind of machine should I ask him for...he is having a pretty good go right now, so I could probably ask for something pretty fun!!! What do you ladies think?
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  8:20:11 PM  Show Profile
Ok, first of all, I must ask, which pink and green apron? the hot pink and lime green or the sherbert pink and lime green one? haha..The one that looks reddish, is actually hot pink, however, capturing that via camera is really hard...And the dress my form is wearing, an experiment with jersey fabric...which btw...I totally used the wrong stitch on...I used a straight stitch...and well..one of the straps in the back now has a hole cause I pulled it to tight one day, fabric stretced..thread did not....haha..but I figured..the fabric was cheap( walmart closeout) and it taught me ....use the right stitches..especialy when you know what kind to use...haha....but, it works......And, yes Bev, My shop is great..isnt it...;)
I must say though, yours is too, just happened to check it out after updating mine earlier , you have some totally cute aprons in there!

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  11:01:09 PM  Show Profile
Well if I were to replace mine, I would get a Janome 1600P-DBX. it does 1600 stitches per minute... but doesnt have fancy stitches.

If I got to get an extra machine I would get the singer quantum futura CE 200. It is an embroidery machine that you hook up to your computer. You can make your own designs with the software package which is about $300 extra. I did check out the vikings and OUCH! the machine was $6000 and the software to make your own designs was another $2000. I can see spending $1000 on a sewing machine that can embroider also, but for $8000, well I can buy a whole lot of fabric and sewing, and crafting supplies with that and a new computer and a few other toys!

I have a Janome 423s and have been pleased as punch with it. The prices have dropped a lot on it in the past 3 yrs... and it is a super sewing machine for the money. You can get a 405 for about $150.... but I wanted an auto buttonhole thing and a needle threader. It does have a lot more stitches than the 405, which I really never use.

E-

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 05 2007 :  11:04:39 PM  Show Profile
well...thanks for your research and help there...i am still thinking...
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  02:05:15 AM  Show Profile
Love the aprons Naomi, and Bev, you know I'll be there for your get together if we are still East Coasters next year.

Oh, BTW, it doesn't take long to get up to PA from VA, and I'd love to learn to can tomatoes, but I do have two little girls (8 and 9) who would have to come with me. Hmmmm.....You know nurses are hard workers!

Elizabeth...my mother left me her Singer Quantum CE200 with the extra software package. I just haven't had time to get it out and play! That is an Autumn project!!

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  10:23:04 AM  Show Profile
I went to a soap gathering with pals I have been chatting with for almost 10 yrs now. It was so fun, and although I had only met one in person, It was like we had all been neighbors for years. It was the best girls weekend (although one soap dude did show up) http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/2007/07/hey-soap-princess.html I am sure you can pick me out.... but can you pick out NashBabe? MJF girls wear aprons, Soapers wear tiaras. If Bev is so generous to lend us her farm, I am sure it will be a grand time for all.

Georgann OMG I am so jealous! That machine is so cool! you can scan in anything, dig through your picture files and embroider it! I hope that you will be posting your creations. I have even thought about sewing aprons and selling them just to get that machine and the software! Let the creativity flow!

E-

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  3:07:22 PM  Show Profile
That was such a Sweet Apron Naomi!!
I love those vibrant colors!!

& Bev, you KNOW i'm there for the get together.. Wish i could make it for the Toe Matter Bash this Year!! dang.. This would be great too!!
We all Love our Honey by the Way!!! SOOoooooo Sweet of you All Thanks!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..

Edited by - Kathie on Aug 06 2007 3:08:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  4:23:26 PM  Show Profile
you have been hangin at work way too long Kathie...Tow Mater!!! Jeez!!

What shall we drink at Bevs fest girls?
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  5:06:43 PM  Show Profile
What..you didn't like the 'Toe/Tow' idea?

i think we should have a differnt drink every night.. you know like a themed drink.. maybe someones specialties or something!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  5:21:28 PM  Show Profile
Okay, that sounds good Kathie, different drink every night.....
Hmmmmm
Carol Sue

Enjoying life.
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  5:36:25 PM  Show Profile
oooh...great idea...we could even dress in costume of the theme of the drink!!!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  5:37:38 PM  Show Profile
i live in a huge college town, i have seen it all!!!
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 06 2007 :  7:01:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Hey gals....finally I can get my head above water....it took 26 quarts to get those cukes used up. Dill pickles coming out my ears. Then a bushel of green beans to blanch and freeze. I am exhausted. Tomorrow it is off to the farm for weeding detail and check the tomatoes and pick the rest of the green produce.

Now for drinks....I planted a big patch of spearmint and make killer mojitos.....so that will be the first drink...now what costume shall I wear?? Since Mojitos are a Cuban drink.......I will wear a basket of fruit on my head and look like the Chaquita Banana lady. Well, gals have a good rest of your week...i will check in with you later this week.....my modem at the farm is on the fritz so I will be away for a couple of days......hope all is well with each of you. Kathie and E.....I hope your little footies are feeling better! Jess......no babies till after our get-together next summe.....ok???

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 07 2007 :  06:39:08 AM  Show Profile
Bev...I can totally see you with a fruit basket on your head!!! you are so hilarious!!!

I am trying very hard to make that baby thing happen, well really I guess not happen. It is harder than it seems though!!! Jeez!!! Yes, I know there are lots of things I can do about it, but dont get me started!!!

Where is the post with the dates on it? I need to put it on my calendar. That way everyone knows when Jess time is!!! Why do women have to schedule and announce and remind and really make sure they get time away? My husband, he goes on trips all the time, and I even pack for him, and I do not think he even has to think about it! and he is even a good one! Golly gosh (in the words of Naomi Michelle!)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 133 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page