Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic
Page: of 133

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2007 :  10:19:27 PM  Show Profile
hi bev, this is zoey .
i am sitting with my aunt tah, and we are looking at evereyone's aprons . my favorite is your black and red one that you just made . itis gorjes!and so far i made a 2 pillows and i used lint from the drier vent and i all so made a eye glass case im want to learn how to make a apron like my aunt tah shes realy good at it and so are you.
p.s love zoey.

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  2:39:30 PM  Show Profile
Bev, I did make a couple o' aprons. Just need to post pics. More than a few things going on here. I'll try to get pics posted soon.

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2007 :  6:14:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Hey Sheryl-lyn, I went Kayaking around the backwaters of the Cheasapeake this weekend. Had a blast....so relaxing....giant lily pads, eagles, osprey, saw a beaver dam and lots of beautiful flowers. I could do that all the time if I lived there!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Check out my shoppe at www.honeybeez.etsy.com
www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com , www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  2:15:36 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Somehow, I keep finding cherries......

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  3:48:08 PM  Show Profile
Very Cute! I love it!

I have been making soap non stop.... and labeling it. But I just said Bye Bye to the shipment to Korea! Now I just have a small order to fill.... then, maybe A little rest and some sewing.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  5:21:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
E- got my soap...thanks so much....smells so yummy, can hardly wait to use it.

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2007 :  6:57:16 PM  Show Profile
Hey Bev,

Looks like Mary Engelbreit?? Very cute

...til next time ~ queenofdreamsz

www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com/apronpocketswap.html
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com..watch The Apron Lady's Video Clip

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  07:20:42 AM  Show Profile
Well, I have been so busy doing all kinds of summer entertaining and cleaning and everything that requires all my time and energy...county fair...etc. So I was out on the lake all day yesterday with a bunch of my cousins, aunt uncles, one sister and my nephew...we were exhausted after tubing all day long with 12 kids etc...well we got home late and guess what was waiting at my front door. A beautiful apron from KAthie..she is so sweet. It matches the one she sent Bev..so now Bev, as we work around the house and garden we will match. Thank you so much KAthie...I was so exhausted, but it made my day, and some great reading all night as I sat on the couch in a vegetative state.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2007 :  4:22:01 PM  Show Profile
Bev: I am going out kayaking tomorrow. I missed going out there with my doggies every day while I was in Vermont. I do not have a rack on my truck (or myself either, but that is another sad sad story about a flat chested childhood...oh well!) so I do not travel with my kayak. It is hot here, so it will perfect tomorrow.

Love the new apron! I have to get on the ball and make some more.
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  04:12:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
New fabric....old pattern....used a vintage hankie (never used) on the pocket. I went to the most amazing antique market yesterday....bought a big box of old hankies for pennies each, a hand-embroidered throw for a baby's crib, a quilt, and old 1776 type US flag, some old linen towels......I could have come home with a truck full (I actually did show restraint) But what fun did I have....can't wait to go back. This might just be my new hang-out....oh and it shares an old warehouse with a fabric and notions outlet....PAYDIRT!!!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  06:48:35 AM  Show Profile
I think you may have hit the jackpot Bev!! Have fun...and great apron!!...jess
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 01 2007 :  4:34:21 PM  Show Profile
Bev, very nice! I do like the French blue one!

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  6:51:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
I wasn't sure if you gals knew that our Kathie and Elizabeth (Botanical Bath) both broke a foot this past weekend......just in case you didn't know......
Please send your healing thoughts and prayers their way! We LOVE them both!!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2007 :  8:22:36 PM  Show Profile
Thanks, I feel pretty klutzy! but I am in better shape than Bill.

I also got a very cool Apron Book today in the mail. Much inspiration and 20+ patterns. Although it is in Japanese, the patterns are easy to follow! The photos are beautiful and all of the aprons are very nice and not corny or frumpy looking!

2 orders to ship out, Bill comes home from the hospital and I can start stitching!

http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/2007/08/japanese-book.html

E-

Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  03:11:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Well, I finally did it....I made my own bias tape. I picked a reverse print floral and handmade the ruffle and bias tape to trim up this apron. Woohoo...not as hard as I thought....someone on this forum suggested a nifty little tool for making the folds on the bias tape....works like a charm!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  07:17:05 AM  Show Profile
isnt that bias tape maker handy...i have it in 2 different sizes. I did not realize that everyone di not have one in their box of sewing helpers. Glad you found it and used it Bev!!1 Gret new apron!
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  07:31:53 AM  Show Profile
Love the fabric Bev, very pretty!

I dont have a bias maker... hmmm.... maybe I should get one. Although those little packets are so easy to buy!

E-

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  07:34:29 AM  Show Profile
elizabeth...how on earth did you break your foot. Pretty soon, you guys are gonna have to hire a nurse to come in and care for everyone. Are you doing okay? Let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  08:51:55 AM  Show Profile
Hope you are getting around easily enough! That stinks to have a broken foot!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  10:57:58 AM  Show Profile
EEeeeeee.. !!!
When Did this happen Sweetie???
I missed it!
Holy Cow!! I am SO sorry Kiddo.. POOR Baby!!
Was it an Accident you were in? i am Really So Sorry Honey!
I hope your up to your old chipper self & back doing everything you enjoy .. back to normal soon!!

Bev.. thanks for leting us know..!
& i really like that red Apron too.. nice colors huh??

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  11:13:07 AM  Show Profile
Ohh.. funny little foot note.. this may make you all laugh..
or not..

Anyway.. see how I just said 'holy Cow' ?
Well.. you know about 80 % of my job takes place over the telephone..
& our calls are monitored periodicaly..
for 'Qaulity Assurance Purposes'.. ANYWAY.. you know that here in these United States.. some of our big huge corporations have taken to "out Sourcing" alot of our jobs to other countries.. to pay less..
Namely India.. Well guess who "listens' to OUR calls to ensure that OUR calls are the QAULITY they should be?? That We remain professional on the calls.. & that we maintain a professional tone with the caller? And makes sure that WE speak properly.. & don't use slang? Someone in India.. ! yep.. ! Now.. Most of us Find this a bit more then unsetteling.. & even offensive.. But at times.. even comical.. because everyonce in a while.. reading the report.. can be at best.. Like trying to decypher something a 4th grader may have had to say about what I said in a conversation.. They simply DON"T fully Understand WHAT it is i REALLY do here.. & WHY i may need to say the things i say.. or the TONE that i say them in.. OR for that matter.. when i decided that i need to bring the conversation to a more friendly level.. to help the caller relax.. Sometime my tone of empathy or concern calls for me to use words that yes.. May be slang.. from what we MAY not normaly be allowed to use.. ( Sweetie or honey.. ) say for instance if someone is crying.. ( yes..i get cryers too..) OR.. even times when a weird sense of humor may be required..
and. ok.. this is prettyfunny.. SOMETIMES.. i even change my accent.. if someone is REALLY being a jerk.. Now & then.. i've changed my accent.. it really throws them completely out of the water.. ANYWAY.. There was a point.. i know.. i wandered into the big Pond again.. sorry..
So that WE don't offend the PEOPLE in INDIA that MAY be listening to US on OUR own phones calls at any given time.. ( because yes.. your never sure when it's happening..)
There are things of course we simply are not allowed to say..
HOLY COW.. is one of them!!
They may take offense to us saying.. HOLY COW..

Just thought that would give you a giggle.. And.. a laugh at yet another dumb moment into Kathie's day at work..

Sorry for the Apron Interuption..

Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  11:22:38 AM  Show Profile
E, it's indeed easy to buy bias tape, but if you make your own you can make it in whatever fabric pattern you want. :-) Sorry about your foot, did you drop a big pail of coconut oil on it or something? (((((((E)))))))

That Japanese apron book looks cool. Like that angry chicken stuff too. :-)

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com

Edited by - nashbabe on Aug 03 2007 11:23:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  11:33:01 AM  Show Profile
well...i hope carol sue reads your story kathie...may be just what she needs to fall asleep tonight...now that her yo yo babies are in transit!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  11:37:32 AM  Show Profile

What are ya saying Jess.. i'm boring ???????

Edited by - Kathie on Aug 03 2007 11:38:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Aug 03 2007 :  11:43:48 AM  Show Profile
Not at all, but she always seems to need a very good bedtime story...and lately you are the provider. Good job!!! Oh, my house smells wonderful today...my kids left it in a hot south sunny window!!! Amazing! Thanks a bunch!! Smmoooooooch!!!...jess
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 133 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page