Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic
Page: of 133

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  09:00:16 AM  Show Profile
oh, good ...glad to see I am not the only one who uses that one...I did build the bones and brains and bodies and they did shoot out of my body, so anything I want I should get and anything you want you can get it and I will use it!!
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  11:32:32 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Hey girls....checking in to talk because you are all my friends and right now I need a friend to talk to.....just had an awful car accident. I was out to get raspberries at a local farm market (was going to make jam this afternoon). Anyways I was just traveling along in my little Honda.....minding my own business.....blackberries in my trunk....going to get more canning jars on the way home......when all of a sudden.....this yahoo in a big black truck (coming toward me from the opposite direction) turns right into me as if I am completely invisible.....BAMMMM!!! Hit my car and pushed me into a sign and off the road....my car is totalled, my brains are scrambled, my chest is contused from the seatbelt and airbag and my wrist is sore from the airbag..... I would like to say a few choice, not-so-nice words...but this is the internet and I will save them.
Oh and it had the promise of being such a nice day......
I called my dear hubby and he cancelled his work for the day and came to my rescue.
So here I was, sitting in my car, bawling, police all over the place, ambulance, EMT's all wanting to check me out.....I refused treatment of course being the nurse (bad patient) that I am. Just sat there and bawled. What a mess I am. Oh well....I just needed to share...thanks for listening. Yes, I am ok....just pissed and a little shook.

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Check out my shoppe at www.honeybeez.etsy.com
www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com , www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com

Edited by - Bee Haven Maven on Jul 17 2007 11:34:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  11:37:52 AM  Show Profile
Hugs and prayers your way, bev!!!!

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  11:47:40 AM  Show Profile
oh how awful!!! I hope you are okay, go take a long soak in a hot bath, & get a massage!! How are your berries? Let your husband pamper you for the rest of the day, and put it out of your mind...you will just get more and more pissed off if you keep thinking about it!! my 2 cents...jess
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  12:24:21 PM  Show Profile
aaw Bev...heres a big hug...(gentle hug though..don't need to make you hurt even more)
hope you feel better...maybe if you get that hot bath that Jess suggested...a bit of peppermint oil in the water may help...I know it helps when I'm sore from gardening...
hugs,

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  12:29:45 PM  Show Profile
be careful though the peppermint oil may make you pee in the water!!
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  12:32:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Stop making me laugh.....it hurts!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  12:49:30 PM  Show Profile
stop Jess! cant you see you are hurting her!! for shame!
:P

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  12:55:20 PM  Show Profile
it is true, though!! After delivering a baby, if you have a woman who is having trouble urinating, simply sprinkle some peppermint oil in the toilet and she almost always instantly pees...just the facts here, Na!! I only want her to feel better..she is my friend you see and she may not want to swim in pee water with a hint of peppermint, so she should go before the soothing peppermint bath!! Good advice...by the way Bev...are your berries okay? i am thinking of you and your pain and frustration, hopefully another beautiful summer day you can go make your jam!!...jess

Edited by - smoothiejuice on Jul 17 2007 12:58:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  1:39:59 PM  Show Profile
Peppy Pee! LOL..

Bev, hope you are doing ok... and feel better soon!

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  1:58:20 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Berries are smooshed all over my trunk.....doesn't mattter because I suspect the car is headed for the scrap heap.....but Darn, I wanted to make jam!&$%#^@$%#$%$^#&$%#^@&*!*#($&$^%^!!!!
Pee water???? doesn't scare me...afterall I am a nurse....been covered with any/all bodily fluids at one time or another! Boy do I have some great (gross) stories.....we'll save that for drinks sometime....and I do mean drinks.......sometime for sure....say my first blueberry festival....2009 (mark your calendars, girls, you are coming to Bee Haven Acres that year!!)
Keep Smiling.....Bev

Edited by - Bee Haven Maven on Jul 17 2007 2:01:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  3:01:05 PM  Show Profile
BEV,
I love the cherry apron, so pretty!!!!
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  3:42:48 PM  Show Profile
Beverly, So glad you are alright! I wanted to see if those berries were alright too...LOL

Seriously though, do you know what caused this car to come over on you like that? Did they fall asleep or what?

...til next time ~ queenofdreamsz

PS: love your aprons

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  4:52:58 PM  Show Profile
Oh Bev: Poor you and poor berries. I am glad you are not in bad shape though. I feel bad about your car and all. But of course it could have been so much worse. Thank God you are alive and well to make jam another day (and aprons too!) Love you!!!

Sheryl-lyn
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  5:46:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
The guy claims he just did not see me......or my bright blue little Honda. Did you ever have one of those days when you felt like you were invisible??? Well that is me today. Hubby checked me out (he's my own private doc) and is pretty sure that I cracked my sternum, so I guess I will be pretty sore for a while.....@#$@##$@^@$%!!!!! You know me, it is really hard to slow me down.....oh well. Thanks for your concern.....am OK....just sore. Will need drugs for sleeping, however.

Keep Smiling.....Bev

Edited by - Bee Haven Maven on Jul 17 2007 5:47:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  6:04:11 PM  Show Profile
Well, you take care to keep it a little slow for now and get your rest. My kids and I were in a terrible car crash on my husband's 40th birthday! (Six years ago). We were hit by an 18 wheeler that was going too fast. The cops could not get us out and had to cut the van open to get me out. My poor husband had to come to the hospital to get all three of us on his birthday! Poor thing. He feels weird on his birthday every year now. My daughter had to have knee surgery later on and my son was burned by the airbag on his face and looked the worst of all, but that was all he had. I got a brain injury that made me feel sleepy all summer and I could not spell well for years after that or read easily (how cool for an English teacher---NOT!) I did not try to rest at first, but had to give in to it a little.

Please just take it easy for a few days. I had all those airbag burns you probably got, and I had glass coming out of my head for two years! It is okay to lay low and move around at a slow pace for a little while. Don't push it too hard or you will take longer to feel better. Your little car may have saved your life though, huh? My van did for sure!

Sleep well! Let me know how those sleepytime drugs work out! :)
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  6:43:48 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Oh Sheryl-lyn you were so very lucky!!!!!

Well, when you can't do much of anything else....what do you do???? you sew. Here is the post crash apron....

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  7:28:50 PM  Show Profile
Now that is an apron-a-holic. ;-)

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  7:35:19 PM  Show Profile
Love the apron! Looks like it is cut for a skinny mini!

Sorry about your berries and your car. Your sternum is going to hurt. I was in an accident 10 yrs Aug. A drunk driver totaled my 3 mos old Saab. I broke my foot and bruised my sternum. The foot healed in 2 mos (liszt franc fracture #2,3 &4 at the base for those clinical peeps) but it hurt to cough or sneeze for over a year. I am feeling for you.

Get well soon... and sew as much as you can.... stock up for christmas.... if they last that long on ETSY!

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2007 :  8:33:55 PM  Show Profile
oh Bev..I'm just so glad that you are safe. gracious sakes! get to feeling better soon.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

queenofdreamsz4u
True Blue Farmgirl

3845 Posts

Stephanie Suzanne
Smoky Mountains Tennessee
USA
3845 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  12:30:09 AM  Show Profile
OMG! That apron is just adorable

Yes, I would say a true blue apron-aholic!!

...til next time ~ queenofdreamsz

Drop by for a Latte anytime ~
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.blogspot.com
www.dreamkingdomdesigns.com
A Creative Journey

"hold close your inner child and always listen to the gentle whispers" ~queenofdreamsz
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  02:57:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
E- the apron is not for skinny minny......it is made over a med. to large pattern......it is big on me. Yes I am an apron a holic. The good thing is sewing does not hurt. Hubby has forbid me to do anything else.....chores taken away for the time being. I will go stir-crazy!!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  07:42:55 AM  Show Profile
Bev, on a different note, how is Mo doing? And, just love that apron!!! How are you feeling this morning?
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  08:05:52 AM  Show Profile
Poor baby Bev..
I'm so sorry Sweetie..

Well.. that's ONE way to make jam.. isn't it.. ?
what a mess..

Just sit your butt still for a while.. will ya!

Love you kiddo!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2007 :  08:47:11 AM  Show Profile
Great apron, Bev!! The weather here is amazingly scary today, so I did not do anything but go to my tutoring student today and my neighbor for a second. I am home to read, sew and cook today and that is it!!! I made fresh blueberry muffins and now I will be working on my applique for quilt I want to get finished soon.

Stay safe and happy. Rest and sew, Bev!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 133 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page