Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic
Page: of 133

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  06:56:34 AM  Show Profile
Curves Too?? Sheryl..Please honey..Your really making me look bad..

Bev.. Mo is so Gorgeous!! I really love him.. AND he has some cute little dapples around his belly!! What a pretty baby!!!
I love Belgians.. & Halflingers to me Are just ridable Belgians! Although we did have a Great gig old Belgian for years when My gig werre younger.. Her Name was Dolly.. She was the sweetest old lady.. Let anybody do anything in the world to her.. In slow motion Dolly Speed of course.. Mo would have headded off to the Barn.. Dolly would have looked up at him & said.. " Go ahead Mo.. I'll see ya in about a half an hour.." & she'd just mosey back.. checking out each tree & flower on the way..

ok.. sorry.. wandered off the Apron track here!! That's where we are right?
I am in this.. well I won't call it a rut.. Because I am fixated really.. i LOVE the Aprons I'm making.. The style of the one Anne fron Backyard Treasues won in my contest? She showed a photo.. I just love the little "V's" at the bottom.. So.. that seems to be the only Apron i want to sew lately.. I'm making them left & right.. So many cute ones.. & So many colors!!
But!! i am having fits!!
i haven't been able to show any photos!!!
The camera seems to be working fine.. the chip or disk or what ever the stupid thing is.. seems fin.. I take it out & put it back in the camera fine.. i can see the photos on the screen of the camera.. BUT I just can't seem to get the crabby thing to connect again to the computor!! I'm not sure if it's the little printer.. or the connection itself.. Or what.. But I am SOOOOOooo frustrated with it all.. ESPECIALLY when i look at the pictures in the camera!!!
I'm thinking I just might break down & go to he stupid place i hate now! YOU KNOW.. The place I showed my butt in, Over the fabric, (WAL-MART)
Have the dang pictured printed out & put on a disk so i can THEN get them on the conputor!! UGH!!!! Such Mayhem running around here in my mind!!
But.. that will only fix the immediate situation.. THESE pictures.. not any FUTURE pictures/Aprons!!

Jeez.. I need to get a life.. don't I?

Maybe I should take Up Kayaking........

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  07:21:16 AM  Show Profile
oh Kathie you are a true source of entertainment for me!!!
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  07:33:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Kathie....sewing is much safer than kayaking!!! Hang in there! You always make me laugh!!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Check out my shoppe at www.honeybeez.etsy.com
www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com , www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  08:40:35 AM  Show Profile
i am so glad you are in the fast lane now Clare, now post us some of your aprony pictures!!!...and that pink quilt...lucious!!(sp?)...it looked like a popsicle!!!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  10:09:48 AM  Show Profile
Believe me, I need to go to Curves!! I am a totally lazy person when it comes to working out and would never do it. We have a gym right in the basement and do I use it? No! My dh and the kids do, but I need to be disciplined and forced to work, so I need a setting with other people to make me do it. I would just rather sew or read than work out, but the half hour thing seems to be good for me. I have been going for 3 years and not quit yet!

Kathie, when I go to see my parents in Florida, I will find you and throw you into my kayak (built for one, but who cares?) and we will paddle around alligator infested waters together. I got a sit-on-top model so there is no hole to fit through. You will love it;)

I want to see those aprons Kathie. Can't wait to see them!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  10:18:51 AM  Show Profile
HA!!! I want pictures of the two of you paddling through the water with giant alligator trying to snap off your toes!!!! I have a very funny action sequence playing out in my head, right now!!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  11:54:32 AM  Show Profile
holy crap.. when you said that.. & had this instant panic too.. !!
NO!!!! Nothing to hang on to either!!! jeezzzz!
I'd have a melt down...
Are you crazy?
Have you never seen a grown woamn act like a complete & utter idiot?
I will ya know.. I can't do it!!

Maybe we can get a Pontoon Boat.. I'd feel relatively safe there..
Hand Rails ya know..

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  1:37:18 PM  Show Profile
I just got back from practicing my kayaking skills again. I have a great one that does not tip easy. You can hold onto my neck and we will go down the river and I will protect you. Oh, and we will wear our aprons and take pictures. So, how far from Punta Gorda are you anyway? That is where mammy and pappy live.
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  1:53:48 PM  Show Profile
Kathie: Your chariot awaits you!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  1:55:51 PM  Show Profile
Here is the pocket. Isn't this the cutest Halloween fabric? My favorite season is the fall and I won 20 fall fat quarters at my quilt shop today when I played FQ Bingo!!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  2:02:28 PM  Show Profile
Yes, post pics of this great event...I gotta see it!!!
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2007 :  7:01:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Cute Halloween Apron....and do you wear it when you are kayaking, too?? Now I think we need a picture of that for our Aprons Across America project! What do you think? Well, I wanted to tell you gals that (this has nothing to do with aprons) I had a wonderful ride on Mo today! He is just the sweetest. After my near death experience on Thursday (Ithink it was all just too new for him). Anyways....today he turned out to be a dream. I am so, so , so happy. I truly wished today that you all could have lived closer to me. I would have swept you all away for a wonderful day in the country. We went to an Amish auction....you should have seen the handmade quilts...to die for. The food was amazing and all of the craft stuff that they had for auction was incredible. It is a benefit auction for their school system and is held once a year....truly a wonderful day. Mo's old stable mates (all Haflingers) were all there hooked up to a carousel that was hooked to an icecream churn.....they were making home-made ice cream....yummy! Wish you could have all come with me, we would have had such fun!!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2007 :  8:04:07 PM  Show Profile
Bev! Congratulations on the great experience with Mo! Looks like a relationship will be permanent, huh? I am totally green with envy about the Amish auction too. I go to Lancaster several times a year to look at the farms and the quilts and fall in love again every time. Enjoy that horse! And yes, I will wear my apron in the kayak! No worries:)
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2007 :  8:23:49 PM  Show Profile
ok.. lets put the uglieness to bed 1st..
You and that dang Kayak can piss Of.. i ain't doin' it!!

That out of the way.. YES.. when you come to see your Parents!! ABSOLUTLEY!! I am really SO close to your Parents!! Like.. oh.. Maybe an Hour or so!! Perfect huh?? ( But NO Kayaking!!)

moving foreward..

I LOVE THE APRON!!
How Perfect!!
Autumn is My Favorite Season too!!
I Abosolutley LOVE Halloween!!
I Probably decorate better for it then I do Christmas!!!

I REALLY miss the change of Seasons down here.. ESPECAILY the Fall the Leaves!!! & Indian Summer!! Ugh!!
& I've been here for over 20 years!! See!! I'm just NOT Meant for Florida Girls!!!

I made two Aprons this weekend.. One for a Swap.. & one for my Sister in laws Birthday... ( Shhhhh.. I'm whispering.. I don't like her.. so i used fabric I didn't care for.. & didn't do my 'V's' at the bottom that I love!!) I just wanted to hurry & get it over with!! She's been laying a guilt trip on me since she doesn't have one.. um.. Isn't being able to cook.. or do something in your house a pre-requisite to actualy having an Apron?
Anyway.. Done.. she's out of my hair now..

It wasn't done with love though.. I wonder what THAT will do to my Karma?

Well I DIDN"T really do it for her really.. I did if for my husband.. So.. That has to get some Karma points.. wouldn't you say??

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2007 :  12:02:45 AM  Show Profile
Kathie...I love you!!!...jess
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2007 :  08:52:23 AM  Show Profile
Ok Kathie: No kayak and no canoe then, but I will come see you. An hour is so close to them and worth the trip. I promise not to piss you off or make you a cranky beast in any way, ok? Happy to hear that other people have family that they don't positively adore. I have a few of them myself!! Glad your apron obligation is over and done then.

I will send you some leaves from the fall trees when the fall comes, all right?

Happy day to you all!
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2007 :  2:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Hi all....here is today's finished project....are you sick of my aprons yet?? Actually I love to see all of your's and Kathie....it has been a while.....we need pictures!!!!!!! I know, the computer thingie......but really, you have to stop holding out on us!

I only have one other thing to say....you can pick your friends.....but you can't pick your relatives...(that's why you guys are my friends.....cause I picked you and you are all soooooooo special!....actually I think you guys are some truly amazing women....you just all live too darn far away!!)

Ok .......here it is....not more cherries......

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2007 :  3:44:50 PM  Show Profile
wow, that one is really cute..and very pink!!! yes, you are right...it is hard to have relatives that are as great as your friends. Okay next scene nearly set up gotta go!!!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2007 :  4:40:24 PM  Show Profile
Oh Bev...We will NEVER get sick of seeing your aprons or anyone else's on this thread. It is inspiring and makes me do more myself. This is a great thread and I feel like I have become closer with you all because of this common interest in sewing and reading the things that Kathie says! It's great be able to choose your friends isn't it?

Oh, I am 46 years old today!! I still feel like a puppy!
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2007 :  4:41:58 PM  Show Profile
cute!

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2007 :  7:30:14 PM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday Sheryl-lyn!!!! we all love you!!!...jess
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2007 :  9:43:54 PM  Show Profile
Wow Bev, Love the Cherries... So much I have 3 yrds of that one. But I really like the heart shaped neck and pockets.... Tres Cute~

Happy Birthday Sheryl-lyn!

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2007 :  06:13:36 AM  Show Profile
Bev i like the Pink with the Cherries.. Very Sweet..
i did a cherry one that i'm not too thrilled with. a bit boring i think. I don't know we'll see..

Sheryl-lyn !!!! How did i not know it was your Birthday girl !!!!?
Oh My God!!! What an awful friend i am! What happened to my powers ? i REALLy must be slipping!!

Geeeeezz!! i'm awful!
ok..

Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday to you.. Haaaappppppy Birrrrrrthday Dearrrrrrr Sherrrrryyyyylllllllllll...... !!
HAPPPPPPYYYY BIIIRRRTHDAAAAAYYYYY TOOOOO YOOOOUUUUUUU !!!!

Happy Birthday Sweetie Pie!!
Hope you have a great day today!! i'll be thinking about you while i sit here at work & get screamed at allll dang day!!

Love ya!!
Kathie

Go to Top of Page

Leezard
True Blue Farmgirl

950 Posts

Elizabeth
Novi MI
USA
950 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2007 :  06:53:28 AM  Show Profile
Bev, what did you use for the ruffle at the bottom? I've got a friend requesting an apron with a ruffle but can't quite decide which route I want to go with it, yours looks so cute!

I'm loving all of the aprons you ladies make, by the way!

Oops, one more question and any of you ladies can answer this one...do you buy your bias tape? I'm just curious about how eveyone goes about that one as it can get a little expensive to buy it and I'm not sure if I've ever seen it go on sale. I know it can be made and I'd be interested to know how that works out for anyone that goes that direction.

http://ruby--slippers.blogspot.com/
www.leezard.etsy.com

Edited by - Leezard on Jul 16 2007 06:57:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2007 :  09:02:28 AM  Show Profile
Elizabeth...I made a batch of bias tape for a dress I was fixing, I bought either 1yd or 1 1/2yds sat down and cut it all out in less then 20 minutes...I got several yards out of it...infact...I used 4 yards for the dress..and still have ALOT left over(not sure of yardage)...I bought just your average broadcloth at Hobby Lobby for a dollar something a yard...I think thats cheaper then premade bias tape....:P
cheers,

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 133 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page