Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic
Page: of 133

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  6:00:14 PM  Show Profile
very cute apron on your etsy!! You should make some more of the earlier one...maybe some other fun summery colors...hint hint!!!

wouldnt it be nice if we could all have a coouple hundred acres a piece next to each other?
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  6:23:21 PM  Show Profile
all of the aprons are adorable..and yeah Bev..I wish the same thing..that you gals all lived closer.:0)

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  7:05:23 PM  Show Profile
Yes, I do raise the chickens that laid those eggs! They are my favorite animal to raise. I have about 16 babes now and 4 old hens and roosters who are pretty good about the young ones running them ragged.

To be fair, I am outside most of the day. I even have a sewing machine outside on the porch that I use during the day. I have a kayak that I use in the river daily too. I run the dogs in the river to get them ready for the hunting season. They love swimming out there after me!

Wouldn't it be the best for us all to be able to get together for tea (or wine) once in a while? It would be such a treat. Wouldn't we be so loud!?
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  7:11:37 PM  Show Profile
Elizabeth: You have the EAGLE eyes!! My serger is on the floor. I hardly noticed it when I went back to look at the picture. My other machine was on the other side of the dining room table and the little Singer Featherweight is the one on the porch that I was talking about before. The machine on the table you saw is my embroidery machine.

Kathie: I do live in the country. This is a growing town, but very farmish still. I see tractors going down my street pretty regular, even though it is getting busy around here. My house is an old farmhouse that we have been working on FOREVER! But it is in good shape overall and is almost done now. We have farmstands on our road and the river runs along the entire road for 8 miles until it goes to the bay which leads to the Long Island Sound. So, you were right about my life except that I do work out of the house most of the year. :)
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  7:13:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Hey Elizabeth....Mima bought the brown floral apron but did not realize it was a large. So I am re-posting it on my etsy. I will have to make her another smaller one (now where did I get that fabric?????)

Oh my gosh.....Sheryl-lyn....I can see it now, we would all sound like a bunch of clucking hens!!!! What a hoot!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Check out my shoppe at www.honeybeez.etsy.com
www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com , www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  7:26:53 PM  Show Profile
I guess I can have it all!

Bev .... you have mail!

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  12:09:46 AM  Show Profile
And I made this one.... Still need to finish it, and tweak the neck a bit.

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  04:50:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
E- what a beauty....what are you doing with all your aprons? Do you sell the ones you make????

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  05:10:41 AM  Show Profile
Elizabeth: That is stunning!! I love the blue and white. Also, your pocket is perfect. I have a hard time with the little curves and stuff like your pocket has. Great job.

Sheryl
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  06:40:55 AM  Show Profile
That pocket is ducky!!!

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  09:19:47 AM  Show Profile
No I dont sell aprons, just soap, these are all for me. I am a Piggy Piggy. I wear them all day during these soap-a-thons. They have saved my clothes more than once from soap and lotion spills and splatters. I also wear crocs, rubber clogs too. Soaping is messy business. Sewing them is just therapy. I figured that if I kept it under $200 a week at the fabric store, it would be cheaper than seeing a shrink. OK it works in theory.

Ok the top and the pocket were a PITA! I had to use the 1/4 bias tape because it will go around tighter curves. I have a second pocket cut, and when I feel like it I will trim it and add it to the apron. This apron I think is cute, but the pattern will be retired shortly. I may make one more, just because I am a masochist and I think the bottom would look cute with a scalloped edge, with wide lace sewn on the back.

E-

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  12:41:17 PM  Show Profile
oooooooooooooooooo..Navy!! we haven't done any Navy Ones.. Have we??
How Pretty!!
Like it alot!!

alright.. Thats Quite enough out of You Missy!! Kayaking Too!!
Jeezzzzzz.. I would So tip that stupid thing RIGHT over..
Oh my God.. Do you have ANY Idea what i would look like floundering in the water after i DID this?? well.. you know.. I don't do anything easily.. or very quietly either.. i know.. i KNOW how surprised you all are.. but.. the thought of me in a Kayak.. whoa.. I would flip befor i left the dock.. or shore.. or where ever i was shoved off from.. & .. have i mentioned that I don't swim.. yea,.. well. doesn't stop me from being an idiot & doing stupid things of course.. .. But yes.. I can't swim.. All those years growing up with boys you know.. them trying to force their idea of " Vietnam Survival Skills " on me.. Apparntly I CAN hold my breath better then i ever imagined!!!

I know SO far off the pretty Apron Track.. But I'm on a rant here now.. & you know How I get!! Trauma sets in..
Sheryl.. your eggs are so sweet looking too.. You really do know how to make me envious.. Have I mentioned that I am not allowed to eat brown eggs?
Apparently I get Sulphur burps from Brown eggs..
WHO KNEW???
Well.. after a Lovely Country Breakfast from an Aunts house.. & On the long four hour trip home.. We realized this..!
Do you know how hard it is to try to do teeny little baby sulphur burps out the top of the car window? it's hard..
But.. still they manage to permiate through out the car.. then I had to hear it from EVERYONE in the vehicle..
Man.. people can be SO mean when it comes to a foul smell in a confined space!

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..

Edited by - Kathie on Jul 11 2007 12:44:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  1:11:45 PM  Show Profile
Kathie: I used to get sulphur burps when I was a kid in school!! Everyone would smell it and go, "EEEWWWW who had rotten eggs for breakfast?" I would just look around like, "I don't know, but it's gross whoever did?" I was such a BIG TALL girl when I was little and had enough trouble about that, never mind smelling like rotten eggs all day long too. I actually had to beat a boy up to take me to the 8th grade formal! Like everyone who saw that fight (and the entire town did) had no clue as to how old Bigfoot/Sasquatch got her first date.
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  1:32:46 PM  Show Profile
What on earth is Wrong with people????
Did they NOT realize you would beat them to a bloody pulp for such things???????
Silly little folks.. They always have to be taught a lesson.. don't they? So.. what did this Prize date look like?
My 8th Grade date had to notice that My Booster shot was right dead center of my back.. So i was self concsious of it for the next 4 years.. I never even knew it was there before that!!
Thanks BRIAN!!!

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  1:46:35 PM  Show Profile
Funny that I was so big back then (I wore a size 10 shoe in SIXTH grade!!) because I am actually the runt of the family now at five foot six. Anyway, life was so harsh back then when everyone HAD to wear platform shoes and gross clothes too. Imagine how I towered over everyone. However, I was as flat as a board on top too. What a mess. This is going to sound mean, but that poor boy who suffered at my hands kind of looked like Elmer Fudd crossed with Porky Pig. For years after that famous "incident" the boys all got nervous whenever a dance was looming on the horizon.
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  4:05:32 PM  Show Profile
Wow!!!
Now.. Size 10 shoe?? Thats IS a large shoe Sister!!
I was really tall too.. until about Sophmore year.... then it seemed as if finally everyone else was going to catch up & surpass me.. My shoes size luckily stayed about a 7 1/2 to an 8 most times back then.. BUT.. My bust size .. for back then.. well i was probably one of the 1st girls to wear a bra in 5th grade.. talk about trying to NOT be noticed!!!
Yikes! I always wished I were tall though.. I always lied & said i was 5'5.. but then i still lie & say I have green eyes too.. !! & I wear Glasses & NOT contacts!! Isn't that hilarious!! people don't even question you.. yes.. my eyes are green.. & i weight 135.. HA!!!!!
what ever!!!!
But since my back surgery.. I'm only like 5'3 or something stupid.. What is the deal with this!!! Talk about SO not fair!!!
Short AND FAT?????

Yes.. my EYES ARE GREEN DANG IT !!!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  4:34:09 PM  Show Profile
I laughed a lot today thinking about all that crazy awkward girlhood stuff. I can see your green eyes now. Stand up straight and you will be 5'5" again! (Don't I sound like your grandma? That's what mine always said! Even when I looked like an Amazon for my age!) So send us a picture of you in an apron again. I want to see your laughing face!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  5:30:12 PM  Show Profile
Yes.. you DO sound like My Grandma!! Just don't smack me in the cheeks right before that picture please!!

Edited by - Kathie on Jul 11 2007 5:30:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  7:06:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
OK you too....you sound like a couple of cackling hens already....and it isn't even time for tea!! LOL. OK...well you all say I am tiny....but here it is....from the fifth grade on I was the largest girl (bigger than any of the boys) in my grade. I think I was 5'6 1/2 in 5th grade....grew really quick and then stopped. Got picked on by the guys.....too...you know, really hairy legs and stuff. I think I was also the first girl my age to shave her legs.....My maiden name was George and the boys used to sing that George, George, George of the jungle. And then there was the Beverly Hillbillies because my first name was Beverly. I was picked on un-mercifully. Adolescence sucks!!! Would never want to go back there, no way!!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2007 :  10:21:00 PM  Show Profile
I'm sitting here laughing at all the funny stories, you gals crack me up.

~Seize the Day! Live, Love, Laugh~
visit me at:
http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and at www.stliving.net
you can also check out my etsy shops at:http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 12 2007 :  05:59:57 AM  Show Profile
See Bev: We are all sisters from the war on adolescence! That is why we are kindred spirits. I am always on the lookout for this bad behavior (my own included from those days) when I am teaching. Not much has changed in the 7th and 8th grade, let me tell you. I teach at the same school I attended, so a lot of the parents remember me of course. It makes it more fun in a way. Now kids get suspended if they so much as tap another student and let me tell you, some of them need more than that to bring them to reality! LOL
Go to Top of Page

suzyhomemaker
True Blue Farmgirl

806 Posts

Clare
Tyler Hill PA
USA
806 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  04:26:12 AM  Show Profile
Ladies, it is so good to see all your smiling faces. I now have high speed internet, so I could check all the pages on this post and see pictures!!. I love that I "know" you all better. Some of you are in swaps, swapping quilt blocks together or yo-yo's, and it is so great to really meet you through the message board.

Jessica, you look fabulous with your girls in the red, white and blue apron.

I am so impressed with the way you all make your own aprons without a pattern or keep adjusting one to suit yourself. It seems like I am more the patternas is person.

Enjoying this thread.

Country girl in NE PA
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  06:09:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Good morning! Well, this is not the place for pictures of Mo (my new beau) but I thought you might like to see what is keeping me away from the sewing machine these past few days......will be back to sewing very soon....check him out at www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com. Love ya all!!!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  06:25:18 AM  Show Profile
Hello friends! I have a very mellow day planned. Off to Curves and then to my quilt shop where today is FAT QUARTER FRENZY!! FQ for only a dollar!! My truck will be carrying a heavy load today! I have an apron to post later today too if I can remember how to do it!

Bev: Loved the pictures of the farm and your little Mo! Can totally relate to the excitement of the new buddy in your life. I don't ride horses (I am afraid of them--but my son used to ride in shows when he was a boy) but I love goats, cows and pigs! Of course chickens too, but they are more than animals to me, they are my little pets who give me a gift every day.

Hope you all have a great day. I will check in later!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2007 :  06:41:38 AM  Show Profile
Oh Bev, I have been reading about Mo...beautiful. I haven't had any horses to ride since the year before I met my husband...and our 10 yr anniversary is in a couple weeks!! I so miss them!! I am so excited for you!!! Please keep us posted as to how you and he are doing together!!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 133 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page