Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic
Page: of 133

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  07:34:14 AM  Show Profile
Bev, Thank You, that means so much to me from a absolutely fabulous apron maker.

And you do such nice work, I keep on buying them! I think everyone should know what a great job you do too and own a Bee Haven Original

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  08:37:51 AM  Show Profile
Here's the apron du jour. If you want to know how to make it my blog explains... ;-)

Crunchy crafty goodness and psychoses...;-)http://nashbabe.blogspot.com

Edited by - nashbabe on Jul 06 2007 08:44:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  08:53:30 AM  Show Profile
That lemonade apron is very YOU, E. Great that you're going to have it for your own! :-)

Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  10:33:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Nash....there you go with that home-made bias tape.....cute, cute apron. I am really gonna have to make myself take the plunge and make my own bias tape....just seems so time consuming. Is it??
Well, here is today's apron....I love the fabric...cheery and mod!

Okay, a question for you all.....does Photobucket give you a fit sometimes and not let the entire picture download??? Some of my pics are half grey and half picture.....I tried deleting and re-doing....but same result! Frustrating.

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Check out my shoppe at www.honeybeez.etsy.com
www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com , www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  10:56:09 AM  Show Profile
I dont think I would have the patience to make my own bias tape. I do love the way it looks and matches...

On the strawberry apron, I used the 1/4" tape.... and although I like the way it looks.... it takes so much more to get it on straight.

Hats off to you!

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Justimagine
Farmgirl in Training

47 Posts

Kate
TX
USA
47 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  11:18:53 AM  Show Profile
Elizabeth,
Did you use a pattern for that, or make your own? I loved the neckline. Kate~

"...out of the heart flow the wellsprings of life"
Proverbs 4:23
See what's springing up from Kate's heart today at www.Kate-Wells.com
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  12:30:34 PM  Show Profile
I saw a picture in the MJF stitching room.... so I just drafted one with that neck. But even when I buy a pattern, I usually make it once, then if I make it again, I make all sorts of changes. Most apron patterns, I have made longer usually up to 6" longer in the torso, and maybe a little in the length. If you look at the Cherries apron, the roses and the strawberries... they are all slightly different.

E-

Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2007 :  2:17:58 PM  Show Profile
Bias tape isn't hard to make, if I can make it anyone can. Just cut a bunch of 2" strips on the bias so the strips have angled ends. Stitch the ends together, you'll get the hang of how they fit together. Iron the whole thing in half, and then iron again tucking in the ends. Perfection isn't necessary on the sizes of strips, just fix it in the ironing (as we say in music city, fix it in the mix).

Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2007 :  12:02:15 PM  Show Profile
I have been planning on taking a quilting class... just to learn the correct way to use all of those cutting things... since quilts need to be cut and sewn so precisely, I figured paying for lessons would be a good thing for the future... But the rotery cutter with a new blade rocks (I do think fiskers should have free lessons... it would just sell people on their product and they would buy more). I did treat myself to a new cutting mat, rotery cutter, scissors and pinking shears all in pink. All on sale for 50% off with another 10% off. Boy new sharp scissors and rotery blade is so nice cutting fabric. I do have the grey ones that I use to cut soap labels with, but they are dull for cutting fabric.

Maybe I will try it for one apron. Maybe?!?

E-

Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  3:47:02 PM  Show Profile
Bev, the apron just arrived... and I just love it! Thank you!

E-

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  4:31:37 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful Apron you've all been making while i was out this weekend!!
The Strawberries are so sweet looking.. I like the style of this Apron so Much Bev.. The Pink one is so fun looking!!

Nash.. That little Apron is really different! Is is an adult Apron? or a child sized Apron?? Too fun huh? I like that round shape!!

I had my 6 year old Mackenzie's Birthday party Saturday..
( She loved her new Pink Sewing machine by the way!! You should have seen my brother's face though.. the single Dad that he is.. he just gave me this really scared look.. i said you'll be fine.. there's a manuel! )
So we were pretty busy with all of that.. then Sunday my kids all try to make it home for dinner & what ever..
But Sunday nite i finished up two Aprons that I was making for a friend that wanted me to make two for her Son & Daughter in Law..
Skeletons!! They turned out SO cool!!!

My carema is really giving me grief right now.. So i'm having a hard time posting anything.. But as soon as i'm able.. i have gobs of opicture to show!!! These two you'll have to see.. i did full length ones with a bib each.. His has two huge pockets.. they take up the entire bottom half of the apron.. & a smallish pocket up top by the bib.. with a couple slots for pencils..
Hers i did two round type pockets with contrasting colors & used this lace.. more along the line of a fancy ric rac.. .. looks a bit like spider web to outline her pockets.. I like both of them a lot.. I actually made a half Apron out of the same fabric i made his from ,to sell .. using the same design i use in most of my half Aprons.. like the one from the contest that the Anne's both won.. I really like that design.. I know.. i need to get that camera sorted out again.. !

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2007 :  6:11:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Hello gals.....spent the weekend in Pittsburgh moving hubby's Gram to a nursing home. In the clean out of her clothes to pack for her, I found a treasure trove of old aprons.....hankie, work aprons, laundry apron, filmy pink dressy apron....lots of fun to go through these treasures. Just imagine the history behind these old aprons......Gram is 95 and has not worn them for a very long time. Probably will not get much time to sew this week, have to get the new horse acclimated to his new home.......will keep checking to see what you all have been up to. Love you all.....you gals are the greatest....I look forward to checking on you all each day!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  10:51:05 AM  Show Profile
I think I can get a picture on here. I am in the apron Oregongal made me in the last swap. Hope it comes out!

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  11:51:21 AM  Show Profile
Well, look at you Sherlyn..aren't you a cutie!! I love your apron!!

Edited by - smoothiejuice on Jul 10 2007 11:51:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  1:29:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Way too cute, Sherl-lyn. I love the apron, too!! Here is one I finished today....I think it is my favorite, so far.....

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  2:10:33 PM  Show Profile
WOW!!! That is beautiful!!!!
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  2:48:57 PM  Show Profile
That is gorgeous Bev!! The apron I am wearing was made by Chris (Oregongal) from the last apron swap we did. Isn't it great?
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  3:08:32 PM  Show Profile
Sheryl!!
You are SO Gorgeous! yes.. the Apron is too! but YOU!! What a beautiful Smile too!!!
Dang.. I am such a haggered old woman!!
Do you work at home? or outside of the home.. ?

Jeez!! I need to get my butt out of this office!! It's killing me!!!

Both of these apron are So pretty too girls..
bev that one IS so nice.. different colors for you huh? I like the pink trim contrast..

Sheryl.. ..dang..

I need a rejuvination of some sort.. !!

Edited by - Kathie on Jul 10 2007 3:10:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

nashbabe
True Blue Farmgirl

687 Posts

687 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  3:27:20 PM  Show Profile
dang, that's nice!

and yes, the apron is a child's apron you asked about!

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  3:32:14 PM  Show Profile
How Cute!!!
i bet that is just too cute on!! Must wrap all around them!

Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  4:23:54 PM  Show Profile
Kathie: You are too funny! Thanks for the good feelings about my looks! My hair was a little frizzy today, but my son took the picture and said it looked fine to him, so off it went onto the forum. I am a teacher during the year and I write and do some editing the rest of the time. I am home A LOT now and decided not to work outside of the home (I do tutor one of my students during the summer) for the summer. I usually go right to another summer job once school is over, but am seeing how my budget looks before I make another take a job for a few months.

Oh, and I did see you and you look beautiful to me! You have the best happy smile. That's how I knew it was you in the picture you had us all guessing about!
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  4:45:15 PM  Show Profile
Sheryl-Lyn, Look at how Fab you look with your apron and basket of eggs! Dont think the sewing maching and serger went un noticed in the background.

Bev, I love it, and it is simply beautiful!
I did notice that you didnt list that one on your etsy. There would be a big Farmgirl Fight over that one.

E-

Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  5:37:11 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jeez..

i was Sooooo hoping you didn't work outside the home!!
So i could say it was just being able to stay home.. Nice country living.. giving you that beautiful farm girl glow..
dang it!
you know.. when i was younger , we'd always be getting ready to take a picture & RIGHT before we did.. my Grandmother would look at me & go "Girl!! You need some color in you cheeks!" & that old woman would smack the piss out of me!!! Both cheeks at the same time!!
How did I not see this coming??
Every single time?? with out fail???
No WONDER i hate to have my picture taken!!!!!!!
Well that.. & i KNOW i look a Scarecrow! talk about frizzy hair!!
my husbvand glances over at me .. doesn't dare say it.. but i KNOW he's thinking.. "i wonder if she's finished with that yet?"

nope.. your adorable!!

yea.. i really like this site.. lets me get alot off my chest!

Love ya Girls!!!

Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  5:37:36 PM  Show Profile
"!%$#@^%# @%!" "!%$#@^%# @%!" "!%$#@^%# @%!" "!%$#@^%# @%!"

It was listed and I missed it!

It is ok, I guess I cant have them all.

E-

Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2007 :  5:52:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Kathie...you have a true gift....you always crack me up....why do you have to live so dang far away? I'm telling you, gals, life would be just about perfect for me if you all lived close and we could get together......what fun we would all have.

Sorry, Elizabeth....actually I sort of thought of you with this apron...thought it would be right up your alley. Just finished another one but Photobucket is giving me fits....so right to the etsy it goes. Hubby is working late tonight, so I am sewing. YEAH!!!!!

Sheryl-lyn...glad you have the summer to stay home...I am sure you will love it! Do you have chickens that laid those lovely eggs????

Keep Smiling.....Bev

Edited by - Bee Haven Maven on Jul 10 2007 5:53:56 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 133 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page