Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic
Page: of 133

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17161 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17161 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2007 :  10:36:51 PM  Show Profile
WOW!, ladies, I have been away from my computer for the past week,,,and I have missed a whole lot!!!! you all have been so busy sewing...oh, and if ya need to see what I look like just check out my blog.
I am planning on getting some serious sewing done tomorrow if all goes as planned....wish me luck. In the mean time you gals keep up the good work.
Oh, and you all look beautiful!

>^..^< Happiness is being a katmom.
www.katmom4.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  06:21:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Welcome back Grace....get busy sewing. Had seen your blog after your "fieldtrip" to Ventura....how lucky you guys were. I would have loved to have been there....at least one of my aprons made it!!

So, I think we need a project like.....Aprons Across America!! We probably have all sewn enough to stretch the continent. It would be fun to do a picture book of Mary Jane farmgals wearing their aprons in every corner of the States! Georgean...I think that is a project for you to cover. Actually, we could gather pictures and.....I have used the website "shutterfly.com" to make hard-bound picture books before and it is relatively inexpensive. It would be a cool project to get as many states and places of interest with "everyone" in aprons and then print copies for each of us!! Something to consider........if you are game we could work on it together! The website is pretty cool...you upload photos and lay them out page by page...lots of designs available and then you write your own captions. They send you the book and it is such a great keepsake. We could take orders..... Okay, am I getting crazy here?

I wanted to let you all know that I am going to the beach with my family this coming week and will most likely be away from the computer and from my sewing machine (sob sob) But I will again be taking my apron and gettin pics in the most unlikely places! Have a great week....I love you all!!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Check out my shoppe at www.honeybeez.etsy.com
www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com , www.beehavenmaven.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  06:29:31 AM  Show Profile
oh good, i was hoping for another beachy shot, Bev!!! Yes, I love your apron book idea, my brain has been going through all my newfound farmgirls, ticking of the states they are from, i bet we could get all of the states, and lots of duplicates!! I am planning on announcing a state swap around 7/1, maybe we could incorporate a photo in that somehow...my brain is ticking...let me know if I can help you out!!...jess
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  6:19:09 PM  Show Profile
what an adorable sweet heart you have--both of them! :)

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine; O What a foretaste of Glory DIVINE!
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  6:46:07 PM  Show Profile
Sorry been away in my attic today.....gotta get it mucked out!!! Elizabeth you are beautiful and your boys are so handsome!! That dark hair and one blonde....I love your son's glasses to. E you look great for just giving birth in that photo!! Gosh your skin and hair are just glowing.

Bev, can hardly wait for the next photo at the beach and I LOVE your idea...I'd be honored to get the book together with you. Been really busy lately with getting this place ready and the girls finishing up school...today was the last day...but I should have some time to get cracking on the great photobook idea!!! When you get back from the beach...let's set down some plans? We both sew, love aprons and write, so this ought to be fun.

Jess.....keep on keepin on with all of those chilluns" and Grace....have a great sewing weekend!! I'll be finishing up the attic and tomorrow I'll be dipping into my yarn stash and sorting them getting them ready for farmgirls!!! Might have to throw in some fabric too. I have waaayyyyy too much. Wait, did I just say that? LOL

So what happened today? Found more....found cotton made on the Ivory Coast of Africa. Dashiki prints!!! Gorgeous!!! One in oranges and one in green and gold. There are about eight yards each for $4.25. Could pass them up. Also found some more gorgeous rose print fabric....mmmm....love the rose prints!!! All at the Goodwill. They just opened a new one down the road. They have everything in that store sorted by color!!! Gosh found a beautiful Japanese made Cashmere hooded coat for my older daughter along with a really cute pink and grey fedora! I dropped the coat off at the dry cleaners, had a few minor spots on it....it is the softest wool I have ever felt. I love fabrics!!!!!!!

Well, more later.
G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2007 :  8:13:00 PM  Show Profile
Love your pics and you gals all look good to me.
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2007 :  2:24:02 PM  Show Profile
Your boys are both so handsome Elizabeth!!
& what a head of hair that baby has!

Just so beautiful!!!
Bev & I have said we want grandbabies so bad we can't stand it!!
we'll just have to be surrogate Grannies to all of yours for now!!
Jess is enough to keep ya busy though!! whew! She looks like such a baby herself!! 7 .. i can't imagine..

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2007 :  2:38:59 PM  Show Profile

Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2007 :  11:49:46 PM  Show Profile
The latest one.... I still need to put the buttons on the pockets which are double. when I find the "right" lace, I will add that too...

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  05:07:33 AM  Show Profile
Elizabeth,
I love this one too! You know brown and pink just go together like hmmm....chocolate and cherries!!

You are such a talented apron maker!! LOVE IT!!! Love the pockets too!

G

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.etsy.com

"Made With Love"
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  06:18:02 AM  Show Profile
Oh, I love it, great full coverage apron! Good one, Elizabeth!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  11:12:50 AM  Show Profile
Yes.. I really like this combination too!!
Really is so memorable for me!
& I LIKE that Apron style alot !!

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  12:43:27 PM  Show Profile
oh, I am so glad you like that Style!!
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  12:47:18 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - Kathie on Jun 22 2007 12:47:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2007 :  12:52:36 PM  Show Profile

Edited by - smoothiejuice on Jun 22 2007 12:53:02 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  8:01:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Hi gals.....finally back from vacation and able to check in here.....Love the brown and pink apron Elizabeth!! Cannot wait to get started. I have a strawberry print to make an apron and matching tea cozy for a friend and then I am digging into my Buckarette fabric....cannot wait. I just loved the apron that you did with that fabric, Elizabeth.....I hate to copy but the combination with the cow fabric was fantastic!! Hey Kathie....you sewing???? I guess I missed the whole mini apron thing.....oh well just not enough hours in the week! Missed you gals.....great to be back!!

Keep Smiling.....Bev

Edited by - Bee Haven Maven on Jun 25 2007 8:02:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

BotanicalBath
True Blue Farmgirl

1014 Posts

Elizabeth
Ohio
1014 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2007 :  8:36:10 PM  Show Profile
Bev, Go right ahead.... I will take that as a wonderful compliment coming from you!

BTW, I had a huge show this past weekend... and I wore your cherry apron on sunday... I got such great compliments all day! Everyone loved the cherries!

E-
BotanicalBath@peoplepc.com www.Botanical-Bath.com www.BotanicalBath.etsy.com http://botanicalbath.blogspot.com/

"I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  2:26:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
I have to do a strawberry apron as a special order and then I have this yummy lemonade and cherry fabric. I still have not gotten to that buckarette fabric.....oh there are just so many voices calling to me from my sewing room!! LOL. Is anybody else sewing??? Have we hit a summer slump? By the way, I still want to do the book "Aprons Across America".....featuring us of course in our very best creations.....maybe this will be a Fall project. Here is a picture of one of my girls on vacation in one of my aprons....this is Amanda (I renamed her Manny Beez)on the dunes at Kill Devil Hills, N.C. She is such a delight and wants nothing more than to be a true blue farmgirl someday.....she is well on her way!!

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  2:35:58 PM  Show Profile
I have sew many things going right now, when I get em all done and photographed, you will be the first to see them...promise!! jess
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  3:02:41 PM  Show Profile
look how Cute she is!!
Great Photo Mama..
Yep.. i've been sewing too.. nothing i need to be at though.. !
why is it we want to sew things that don't have a deadline.. but things we KNOW we need to get finished.. just sit there & stare at us.. right next to that Serger!

Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  3:05:58 PM  Show Profile
There you and that serger are again!!
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  3:07:23 PM  Show Profile
oh, I swear I am not stalking you, everywhere I am, you are, too. What is with that!!!???? Just learn to use your serger...when I finally get one, no one will see me for months, because all I will be able to do is sew and serge!!
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  4:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Ok gals...tell me about a serger....I am completely clueless.

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Go to Top of Page

smoothiejuice
True Blue Farmgirl

6309 Posts

Jessica
Bloomington Indiana
USA
6309 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  4:10:06 PM  Show Profile
Kathie has a fear of sergers, she has one she does not use and she likes to post all about her problem, so in my certain annoying little way, I harass her ever so gently about it!!! ...jess
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2007 :  7:29:24 PM  Show Profile
A serger makes your seams look professional. I do not use them for aprons since I use bias binding around them. But, if you make curtains, etc. the serger puts a nice rolled hem on things. Look inside your clothes. Those seams were done with a serger. They are fun to use once you get the hang of them.

Kathie...I thought you were going to at least try to serge...try it! you will like it!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 133 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Apron Sew-A--Long...read and then move to the new Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page