Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic New from Wisconsin Next Topic  

scorch_dc
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

denise
madison wi
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2005 :  7:47:02 PM  Show Profile  Send scorch_dc a Yahoo! Message
Hello!

I'm a newbie here. I live in Madison, WI, but aspire to owning a farm/farmette and growing herbs/cutting flowers and raising poultry and possibly other animals (ducks, sheep). I also aspire to be self sufficient and off the grid. :)

I'm a mom of two small boys, hope to homeschool, and currently paint, write, knit, garden, and read farming and organic gardening books obsessively!

Denise

Loyalty to a petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul. Mark Twain

MeadowLark
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2005 :  7:53:58 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Denise! Glad you are here! There are several others that post here from Wisconsin! Sounds like you fit right in! Jenny from Kansas

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I'll meet you there." Rumi, 13th century. http://www.xs4all.nl/~josvg/cits/sb/sb101.html
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2005 :  8:47:47 PM  Show Profile
Denise - Welcome! We look forward to hearing more about your family and your plans to live off the grid. I also like your quote by Mark Twain!
jpbluesky

Heartland girl
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2005 :  8:47:47 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Denise..you have alot in common with alot of us..I am glad you found us!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page

mollymae
True Blue Farmgirl

694 Posts

Molly
Visalia California
USA
694 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2005 :  8:48:47 PM  Show Profile
HI Denise again! (I posted to you in the homeschool folder). Great to have you here on the board and great to have you close by!!! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Cead Mile Failte,
Molly

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." --Henry David Thoreau

**When life throws scraps your way ~ Make a Quilt!**
Go to Top of Page

Robinwolf
Farmgirl in Training

44 Posts

Robin
Blacksburg Virginia
USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2005 :  02:11:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Robinwolf an AOL message
Hi Denise! We lived in Madison from 1978 - 1981, while my husband went to Law School there, and we just loved Madison. What a great town! We lived in a teeny tiny house on Commercial Avenue, and our daughter was born in Madison. Welcome to the list! Isn't it great?!!!
Robin

Let the beauty we love be what we do. -- Rumi--
Go to Top of Page

KarenP
True Blue Farmgirl

666 Posts

Karen
Chippewa Falls Wisconsin
USA
666 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2005 :  07:20:00 AM  Show Profile
Welcome,
You'll enjoy the forum, am sure as much as I do.
Great to see another Wisconsinite here.
KarenP

"Purest Spring Water in the World"
Go to Top of Page

scorch_dc
Farmgirl at Heart

8 Posts

denise
madison wi
USA
8 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2005 :  10:23:03 AM  Show Profile  Send scorch_dc a Yahoo! Message
Wow! Thanks for all the welcome posts. Look forward to hearing more from all of you! :)
Denise

Loyalty to a petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul. Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  07:02:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi, We camp up by Clermont, Iowa and love to visit prairie du chien to shop etc. Wisconsin is a pretty state and I enjoy visiting. We are from close to Iowa City, IA and I grew up on a farm about 15 miles from Iowa City. I am happy to meet you. Marlene
Go to Top of Page

jamie
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

jamie

33 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  07:25:02 AM  Show Profile
Hi Denise!

my husband and I just moved from WI 8 months ago. I miss it so much. We lived in Baraboo which is a 45 minute drive north of Madison. Beautiful area. We enjoyed Madison very much. We moved to be closer to my parents farm in montana. If things don't work out I'll be heading back to WI for sure!
Nice to have you aboard. Jamie
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic New from Wisconsin Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page