Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello! Next Topic  

Lydia
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Seattle WA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  06:54:00 AM  Show Profile
Hello to one and all! I stumbled across MaryJane's Farm magazine at the bookstore last week and felt elated as I thumbed through page after page soaking in all the farmgirl goodness. My husband and I, along with two daughters-ages 7 and 10- are moving from Saint Paul, Minnesota to Seattle, WA in three weeks. It was a delight to find out that we will be a day trip away from MaryJane's farm-I cannot wait to see the entire place.

Though we'll be living in the Ballard area of Seattle, which is most certainly the city, my husband and I love to garden and have been teaching our daughters about gardening without pesticides and chemicals as well as the importance of buying locally and supporting sustainable agriculture. I look forward to hopefully meeting all the fellow farmgirls and farmboys in our (new) area soon!

hurleygirl
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Heather
East Fallowfield PA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  07:33:12 AM  Show Profile
Welcome! Boy-am I jealous of the climate you are moving to! You'll be growing flowers/veggies/all things! galore! Good luck and enjoy
Go to Top of Page

pennyfour
Farmgirl in Training

27 Posts

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  07:42:20 AM  Show Profile
Welcome, Lydia: Heather, you beat me to it in sharing your jealousy! To be that close to MaryJane's farm is worth envy. My brother has lived near Seattle for almost 20 years now...on Bainbridge Island. I am ashamed to say that we have just never gotten over to the west coast. Now it is very difficult to leave the "farm." Looking forward to getting to know more about you. Pennyfour
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2005 :  09:14:43 AM  Show Profile
Welcome Lydia..wow that is quite a move you are making. I lived in Northern Minnesota...moved there from Calif....years ago and then moved back a few years later...long distance moving is really something. Sounds like you are moving to a beautiful area...and the day trip closeness to Mary Janes farm has got to make it even more appealing!!! I am glad you found us!!

Jenny in Utah
The best things in life arn't things!
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page