small graces
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Jennifer
Candor NY
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2007 :  7:24:46 PM  Show Profile
Two more of our angora babies went to their new homes this week. I don't know if I told the story here or not. We have rabbits, for 4H. My daughter got fiber bunnies, because that is what we do, we do fiber here. Anyway, we had a buck, (boy) and we were at a fiber festival and we saw a sweet satin angora girl. When we tried to breed her nothing happened, so we thought she was infertile. Later, when we adopted an older girl who admired my daughter's satin,(rabbit) she gave it to her. My new daughter had no knowledge of rabbbits, and ignored me when I said her rabbit couldn't have babies! We ended up with the 5 cutest bunnies ever born. Two white, two cocoa, one black. I wish I could post photos, but the night my hubbys computer was stolen, they took our digital, too. (And the phone, and the files, etc.) I hope we have bunnies again. We had so much fun. We brought them in the house everyday, they would hop around on the rug and investigate everything.

"Think about this day for a moment, Charlie Brown"... http://fmnfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

small graces
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Jennifer
Candor NY
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2008 :  12:20:53 PM  Show Profile
Okay I thought it would be fun to post our New Years Farm resolutions! So let me know yours, I am wondering how many farm girls do this every January, just like me.

1. new fencing
2. keep better books
3. raise another critical breed
4. fix better drainage
5. make the farm "cuter", more farm-curb appeal
6. vend at more festivals
7. dig a pond
8. buy some green energy
9. only grow the things I know I am good at/stop being tempted by the pretty pics. in the seed catalouges
10. Enjoy it all more/ stress out less!!!

I am wearing my farm on my sleeve girls, these are the things that keep me up stressing/planning at night! So don't let me down, share some of your own!

"Think about this day for a moment, Charlie Brown"... http://fmnfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Forget me not Farm news Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page