small graces
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Jennifer
Candor NY
USA
108 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  8:32:40 PM  Show Profile
Here are photos of our first lamb. We raise Jacob and Jacob crosses, for fiber. I am going to be posting fiber art, wool, etc, available for sale also. But please visit my blog, I would love to hear feedback. http://clearblogs.com/forgetmenotfarm/

"And there they were all night long, Sound asleep. In the big red Barn. Only the mice were left to play, rustling and squeaking in the hay, While the moon sailed high. In the dark night sky" Margaret Wise Brown

Tracey
True Blue Farmgirl

766 Posts

Tracey
State of Confusion
USA
766 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  8:45:21 PM  Show Profile
Sniff...no pics! But I did leave a comment for you

Visit Quiet Storm, our adopted Mustang! http://wildaboutquietstorm.com

http://carpentercreek.blogspot.com http://mustangdiaries.blogspot.com http://marbletownangels.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - May 01 2007 :  10:14:10 PM  Show Profile
Double sniff....no pics for me either. Marybeth

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

westernhorse51
True Blue Farmgirl

1681 Posts

michele
farmingdale n.j.
USA
1681 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  05:09:55 AM  Show Profile
no pics showed up. Really want to se them!!

she selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Prov.31:13
Go to Top of Page

Kathie
True Blue Farmgirl

2436 Posts

Kathie
Thonotosassa Florida
USA
2436 Posts

Posted - May 02 2007 :  4:58:30 PM  Show Profile
ok.. So it wasn't just computor illiterate me then..
But!!

i did have a great time strolling through the gallery of the kids!!
( remember me.. MINUS grandkids.. )

In a World Where you Can Be Anything, Be Yourself..
Go to Top of Page

Aunt George
True Blue Farmgirl

1476 Posts

Georgann
Midlothian VA
1476 Posts

Posted - May 03 2007 :  02:14:42 AM  Show Profile
No photos, except two ballet photos. Read through your whole blog....nice thoughts. Love the unique names of your children.

Welcome to MJ's

http://auntgeorgeshouse.blogspot.com/index.html
http://auntgeorge.wordpress.com/
My new apron's only blog!

Thanks for checking out my apron and sewing musings!
Go to Top of Page

small graces
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Jennifer
Candor NY
USA
108 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  12:25:25 PM  Show Profile
My mom said there were no pics! I thought it was her computer. I promise there are pics! In all those spaces... I will see what I can find out from the blogserver. how disappointing! My lambs are so cute, too. It's so weird, because when I look they are on there

"And there they were all night long, Sound asleep. In the big red Barn. Only the mice were left to play, rustling and squeaking in the hay, While the moon sailed high. In the dark night sky" Margaret Wise Brown
Go to Top of Page

small graces
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Jennifer
Candor NY
USA
108 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  1:10:57 PM  Show Profile
We now have 11 lambs! The last one is a treasure. Her gma's name is Cari, her momma's name is Wendi, so we named her Bethani. She has one brown eye and one blue. Now we are busy getting our farm and crafts ready for our annual open house. We have a "green-build", B&B cottage, and every year we open up for horse cart rides, lambs, farm shop, etc. We never really make anything, but feel like it is our mission to help people connect with farms and animals, and see the sweat and hard work that goes into it.
Speaking of that, we are ready to announce that we are taking applications for MAy of '08, for a farm hand. We need someone for one, to two months, depending on your schedule. We cannot pay you, but can provide a private cottage and organic meals while you stay. You will also have all the experience that a small, family owned, organic farm can give you! Activities would include garden horses, sheep, spinning, felting, chickens, fencing, building, fun. I think it would be great for anyone considering a farm of their own. Come feel how fast your muscles tire, before you "buy the farm", so to speak. Email me, and I will reply with the address for application.

Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - May 07 2007 :  4:15:00 PM  Show Profile
I bet they are cute but I do not see pics either, but enjoy them.
Go to Top of Page

Bee Haven Maven
True Blue Farmgirl

1862 Posts

Beverly
Pennsylvania
USA
1862 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  02:18:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Bee Haven Maven an AOL message
Jennifer....your lambs sound adorable...would love to see pictures. Have you had any luck with finding a farm hand?

Keep Smiling.....Bev
Check out my shoppe at www.honeybeez.etsy.com
www.beehavenacres.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - May 08 2007 :  05:30:22 AM  Show Profile
No pictures of cute lambs, but some adorable ballet dancers!!

Karin

Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

small graces
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Jennifer
Candor NY
USA
108 Posts

Posted - May 13 2007 :  6:08:25 PM  Show Profile
No takers yet on the farm hand position. My husband said we should have offered it as a class, and charged. "Smile"! There are 12 lambs now and no response from my blog host as to why there are no pictures, except the ballet.
I will be sure to tell you when we do figure it out though. I am snapping so many cute pics, I might include them in my mail art!
It's been really tough on the farm lately, with all this gorgeous weather! LOL! Chores have been a breeze, and I even caught a nap today, in my little orchard. Back to felting now, we are having our annual open house and the arts and crafts must be done for our farm shop!

"Think about this day for a moment, Charlie Brown..." smallgracesatforgetmenot.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 14 2007 :  07:03:42 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer - did you say you took a NAP?!?!?!?! Oh, I am almost green with envy - it sure is a busy time on farms in the spring, isn't it? I just love hearing what you're up to on your farm, and I'm sure you'll find just the perfect farm hand -- you might want to try posting it on the Farmgirl Barter forum - just so more gals get to read about it - it sounds like such a great opportunity!!!!

XOXO, Libbie

In honor of Mother's Day, "If it's not one thing, it's your mother...
Go to Top of Page

Tracey
True Blue Farmgirl

766 Posts

Tracey
State of Confusion
USA
766 Posts

Posted - May 21 2007 :  08:30:50 AM  Show Profile
Jennifer, can you post your pics here?

And I second the class offered. You've no clue how many folks I get who visit my blog and want to come live there! I've even posted fencing and mending and manure shoveling...they still want to come

Please Vote For Me!
http://www.blogforayear.com/profiles/desperate-horsewife

http://carpentercreek.wordpress.com
Go to Top of Page

small graces
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Jennifer
Candor NY
USA
108 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  4:41:39 PM  Show Profile
Okay , Farm open house went great. People were really going for the organic compost, and we sold out of our yummy baking! We had a perfect day, and I think it was our first one without any rain!
Our little lambs are now in training to go to the county fair. The children teach them,(brib them,) with grain, to behave. It's a lot like candy. Of course they are going with their mommas, but their mommas know how to behave already.
We are so excited to be able to show our first 4-horn ram lamb. He is quality! Perfect markings and horns!
Can anyone tell me how to post photos here? I guess clearblogs have a few issues, and I have yet to get my pics to show.
You would love the one of 3 of my girls in the kitchen, for the farm day, of course...all in aprons!

"Think about this day for a moment, Charlie Brown..." smallgracesatforgetmenot.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 22 2007 :  4:47:23 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Jennifer! Let me point you toward Gabe's photo posting tutorial - it's great. AND, we all just can't wait to see your sheep! The Open House sounds just wonderful - and so do your children... The tutorial is here: http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6290

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

small graces
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Jennifer
Candor NY
USA
108 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  08:28:41 AM  Show Profile
http://fmnfarm.blogspot.com/ Here it is!!!! I decided to change blog servers! There are some lambs on there! As I have the time I will post more! Please tell me right away if you can see the pics! I am on "pins and needles" waiting to find out!

Go to Top of Page

FarmGirl~K
True Blue Farmgirl

512 Posts

Kelly
TX
USA
512 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  10:29:43 AM  Show Profile
They worked Jennifer. So Cute!

"Work as if you were to live a hundred years, pray as if you were to die tomorrow." ~Benjamin Franklin~
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - May 29 2007 :  11:36:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Very Cute!

Alee
Go to Top of Page

Libbie

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - May 30 2007 :  10:35:18 PM  Show Profile
They are SO darling! I just love little lambs...

XOXO, Libbie

Go to Top of Page

small graces
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Jennifer
Candor NY
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2007 :  12:47:16 PM  Show Profile
Well, we got two lambs off to good homes today, although they will live here until the end of July. It's not so hard to say goodbye, when they are mostly grown up! A pig has joined the farm and it is the cutest one we have ever gotten. My hubby named him, "the animal". The garden is going really well, it seems like the rain has been timed just right, only watered once! Of course, if you farmgirls ever need it to rain-you know what to do. Just water your garden first thing in the morning! Check my blog for new photos, also a new family member,jack russel puppy "Spiney". Named after her grandma.

"Think about this day for a moment, Charlie Brown"... http://fmnfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

small graces
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Jennifer
Candor NY
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  1:20:36 PM  Show Profile
We are eating basil and lettuce from our garden, doing mail art and fishing. The animals have been great, except for the coyote attack while we were on vacation. We lost two lambs!!! It was hearbreaking, and I keep telling the children that this is a farm and things like this happen. Meanwhile, inside I am going...boohoo, it's not fair! Speaking of Fair, we are off to the county fair, where my children are going to be showing a scary number of animals. They already have bunches of blues from the youth building exhibits. (Thats where all the non-animal projects are. They did things like handsewing, self portraits, fiber felting, writing,, etc. I can't wait to post about their animals.
We are thinking of getting an organic milk cow in the fall. Does anyone have experience with keeping a hand-milker? I would love to hear! Please email.

"Think about this day for a moment, Charlie Brown"... http://fmnfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2007 :  2:29:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Jennifer-

Several of the ladies on the forum do have dairy animals-

Aunt Jenny- Do you hand milk?

Alee

The amazing one handed typist! One hand for tying, one hand to hold Nora!
Go to Top of Page

small graces
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Jennifer
Candor NY
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  2:07:49 PM  Show Profile
Sorry it's been so long everybody! I hope you are still out there! We have been thru some really tough days together as a family. I think we are on an easier road, for now at least!!
Today my hubby took our new baby out to meet the other horses. Our haflinger DOES NOT like the new 5 month old percheron!! He took a chunk outa Deans arm. He has never bitten before. Poor Leo, our new baby, was so scared he "wet his pants".
All of our '07 lambs are gone to good homes, and new ones hopefully on the way. We are shifting toward indoor projects now that snow is in the air. YES! We had snow in the air today, (NY) Woolspinning and knitting and baking are the main activities now!
We don't hand milk regularly, but every spring there seems to be a sheep or two that need a little help. It's fun for a while, but I am not ready to full time. We are expecting number 7 in April. I think it's a girl. That will bring our "new" total to 2 boys, 5 girls, (if I am right!)

Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2007 :  4:25:34 PM  Show Profile
If I could change my screen name, I would pick yours, Small Graces. It is so lovely.
I am glad life is a little smoother for you now. Glad to have you here, whenever you can post, please do!

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

small graces
True Blue Farmgirl

108 Posts

Jennifer
Candor NY
USA
108 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2007 :  8:18:41 PM  Show Profile
We are out of shavings!! Our shaving's guy says two weeks. That means 4. Back to buying bales of shavings, which are very expensive. Yuck.
Our 80-something neighbor died, he spoke polish and used to run a big farm that was the envy of all. He still put up hay until about two years ago. THANK GOD his farm is staying in the family, his grandson is taking over, to keep all the land together. I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I heard that. On the other side of our property, we have a lawyer trying to start a development. It's got one big ugly house there already, (on an old farm, that's being split up.) We had just built our B&B cottage on that end of our land, aaahhhgggg! Now I am off on a tangent, but I hate to see so many farms eaten, and I am so happy there is one that will stay undivided.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic Forget me not Farm news Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page