Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fathers Day Sunday Next Topic  

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4104 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4104 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2023 :  08:55:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Fathers Day to all our Farmgirls Fathers still with us or who are our Angels now. Still watching over us always!
With Fathers Day tomorrow I was wondering if you would like to share a favorite or funny story about your Dads or a special memories.

Have a beautiful and special weekend Wildflowers.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Jun 17 2023 08:57:43 AM

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2709 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2709 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2023 :  2:07:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought of something funny that my FIL did years ago, but it wasn’t funny at the time! He had told us that the dad of a friend of ours had died. I sent him a sympathy card right away. A little while later he called the house and said he just wanted to thank us for the card and nice thoughts about his dad. But….,his dad hadn’t died!!!! Talk about embarrassing!!! I let him know that we were happy that his dad was still doing well.
The next time I see my FIL I let him know what happened. He gave me a thoughtful look and shook his head and said, you know, I must’ve mixed him up with so-and-so!!!! Ugh!! Our friend got a good laugh out of that for a long time!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

202 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
202 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2023 :  5:10:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My daddy is in heaven, hopefully watching over me. I miss him dearly. Every single day. In fact, I'm wearing one of his tshirts right now as I type this. Gosh, I have such fond memories. He was and always will be my hero. Once when I was two/maybe three (I'd have to ask mom) we were out in the woods and I had to potty. Mom took me out back behind the truck on this old dirt road... I was doing my business and dad starts to creep the truck forward very slowly... I feared he was going to leave and I went running after the truck with my pants down crying. Sounds awful, really, and it's probably one of my earliest memories, but we used to always laugh about it. He also had this old work truck when I was maybe 5/6/7 yrs old, it had a cherry bomb on it so when ever I rode with him in the truck, I would asked him to go faster! It would make this loud rumble fast noise I used to love the faster he went. He taught me how to make frittata, season my cast iron, fish, gut my own fish, hunt, camp, etc. I loved to go sturgeon fishing with him and tag sturgeon for the state. He started allot of family water fights at the dinner table, one water fight ended with mom running out the back door, to the front of the house, grabbing the front garden hose, stepping inside into the front door and spraying us inside the house with the hose. So many fun memories. What I wouldn't do to have him back with me.

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4104 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4104 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2023 :  5:58:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Wildflowers I love all your stories about your FIL and Father, it makes me smile! I have no father stories sadly but that’s alright your stories will fill my heart. But, my FIL, I always called him Pop. He loved me like I was his own, he and his Mom, Grandma Stoff, took me in when no one wanted me. He walked me down the aisle when Tom and I got married and he was Tom’s Best man. I named one of my dogs after him, Toni as he loved my dog. As time went on and he was sick I called him once a week with a joke, and I could tell some good ones! If I had a Dad and I knew him I would want him to be just like Pop! Pop past away in 2006 just a few weeks after my Toni girl. I miss them so much and I loved Pop so much!

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Jun 17 2023 6:10:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4104 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4104 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2023 :  07:37:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Happy Fathers Day to all of My Wildflowers Fathers with us or in Heaven.

Big Hugs,
Debbie

Go to Top of Page

LauraBell
True Blue Farmgirl

289 Posts

Laura
Kingsville TX
USA
289 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2023 :  4:28:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are so blessed to have my dad and to have a sweet great grandbaby for him to love.

We spent yesterday out at Dad’s house in Rockport. He lost his house in Hurricane Harvey. It took over three years for his home to be rebuilt. I always told people he was the happiest homeless person because he kept such a good attitude through it all.

Now he has a lovely kitchen so we cooked a fun Father’s Day lunch with fajitas, corn amd zucchini on the grill and a delicious tomato pie. We topped it off with a lemon raspberry crumble for dessert.

Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend with their loved ones.

Laura

Laura

Happy to be Farmgirl #7286
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1066 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1066 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2023 :  5:59:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I lost my dad when I was 17 so I’ve spent the majority of my life without him. I miss him yet feel his presence with me too. I’ve been very blessed to have an amazing father-in-law who treats me like his own.

Yesterday hubby and I went to his sister and brother-in-laws house. We bbqed burgers and had yummy salads with cherry crisp and ice cream for dessert. The weather was unseasonable cool and windy so we were not outside as much as most of our Father’s Day celebrations.

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fathers Day Sunday Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page