Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 January ~2023 bright beginnings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic January ~2023 bright beginnings Next Topic
Page: of 2

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9485 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9485 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2022 :  8:06:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to a new month and a new year.
I always love the start of a new year. Like Anne of Green Gables says, "Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it." I finished making my planner for the next year. Enjoyed putting things in that will be useful and setting it up to keep me on track. I am not making resolutions because I don't end up keeping them. I do make goals for the year though.
How about you? Do you do things that help you to stay organized and help you to keep on track?

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6067 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6067 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2022 :  10:34:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year!

Love and hugs Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9485 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9485 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2023 :  3:04:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4731 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4731 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2023 :  3:56:41 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year 2024 to all!

Looking forward to a brand new spectacular year.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017

Edited by - quiltee on Jan 01 2023 3:57:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3514 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3514 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2023 :  4:05:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always love the arrival of a new year! It feels exciting like how it felt when I was a kid starting each new grade. There are some knowns and there are many unknowns and that keeps me more focused at times. I don't have any goals or much written in my new planner yet. I will usually do that as life reveals opportunities or I discover a new interest. I already have about 6-7 new books calling my name so that is a start! I have also been planning on reading and watching more closely my 2023 Almanac. It would be interesting to compare the trends listed in the almanac with what actually happens in my area. Plus, I am quite interested in the names and reasons behind the full moons.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1033 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1033 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2023 :  4:57:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year!!

I have started a list of goals for different areas of my life…crafting, personal, health, etc. I hope to get the final notes in my planner by the end of the week.

Here are a few of mine: continue to use my stash and what I have, learn a new craft (suggestions would be helpful), earn a certain number of badges, send happy mail every week, and add a new tidying routine to my day…hubby and I started “putting the kitchen to bed” in early spring and it has totally stuck. So I’d like to do something similar with another area in my home. :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4731 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4731 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2023 :  5:23:27 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I love your "putting the kitchen to bed" idea. LOL! I guess that way it is clean in the morning and you don't have to clean first thing.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3514 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3514 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2023 :  1:19:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Karen, I love that idea of putting an area to bed in the house. There is something important to me not to have my kitchen messy so I always put it to rest and have the coffee maker ready to just turn on.

Here on January 4, I finally finished a big clean-up and took 4 boxes to the thrift store and several bags of old magazines and books that I have read and will not be reading again to Friends of the Library. Plus, I finally got all the Christmas decorations put away and spaces dusted and cleaned up. I am one of those people who has to "finish whatever project" I am doing before I can sit down and do something like think on what I want to accomplish this year. So, here I am just getting started on 2023. Right now, my mind is sort of blank. Not an impressive start!! LOL!!!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4731 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4731 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2023 :  3:36:17 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
lol! Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, I learned something from my mother. She always had a lot of needlework projects going at once - cross stitch, needlepoint, knitting, crochet, etc. And add sewing to that list, too. I get bored doing one project over and over, so I have various projects going at once. I currently have quilting, general sewing, crochet, and knitting projects started. I've started the 2023 UFO (PhD) project list in the Stitching and Crafting Room thread. So far 3 of us are taking part. We can encourage one another to finish projects.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1033 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1033 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2023 :  7:03:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A clean kitchen in the morning is wonderful!! John and I put the kitchen to bed together and then start to get ready for bed. So we chat as we put the dishes away and wipe things down. It’s one of my favorite parts of the day. :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

79 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
79 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2023 :  07:54:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy New Year farm sisters!! Linda I have the same problem, I get tired of looking at a project and start a new one.
I started my list of goals and it turned into a to-do list. New list started.
Sell or donate books. I actually listed by room, I'm a bit of a book addict.
MJF badges, I'm trying to set a realistic number here.
Donate clothes that I don't wear and probably never will again.
Sell some of the things I've been making with the idea of selling.
Make at least one crochet doll. I have wonderful patterns from crochetree and haven't finished a single one.
I'm hoping this will be a year of downsizing / de-cluttering.

As far as staying organized, it seems to be a losing battle! I have a notebook with my sewing patterns listed & materials needed for each. I throw this in my purse when I'm headed to the fabric store. I've been looking for a storage box for the patterns to keep them all in one place. I thought they used to make such a thing, like a file box. I have another notebook with my embroidery supplies listed. I did this after buying the same color of DMC thread 3 time in 5 months. I keep my threads & ribbons in boxes sorted by number. I have a binder that I keep all of my garden plans & receipts in. For some reason I stopped using it a few years ago. I need to get back to that. I draw out my garden every year so I'm ready to plant. I use the previous years drawing to make sure I'm rotating things. I order seeds & onion sets in January usually then when I think the onions should have arrived I can't remember if I ordered LOL

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9485 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9485 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2023 :  08:35:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Andrea,
Your sure sound organized! I try but don't seem to stick with it.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 07 2023 5:35:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6067 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6067 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2023 :  10:36:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love Farmsisters we all seem to be the same!
Have wonderful day!

Love and hugs
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3514 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3514 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2023 :  10:33:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Organization can be one of my strengths. I think 34 years of nursing drilled that skill into my brain. You can't get everything done for patients unless you are organized and stick with it. Every day. All the time. No exceptions. But daily living and raising children makes being strict about organizing a problem. We aren't robots and being overly organized takes away a lot of spontaneity I think. In my retirement years, I have become less organized in some areas which has been good for me. I also think that very creative people need to have total freedom to move about within various projects. Sometimes, stopping something for awhile gives your brain a chance to put "fresh eyes" on it when you pick it up again.

On behalf of the value of organization, I would say that it can also make life easier because you aren't constantly looking for something, realizing you are late with paying a bill, and not keeping tables and other spaces or furniture dump piles of "to be dealt with later".
Anyone else feel the same way? What does being organized do for you or get in the way of your creativity?

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4731 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4731 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2023 :  1:24:27 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree, Winnie. I was always very organized, and I lost some of that after having my son.

In my craft/quilting room I have piles of projects in various stages of completion. However, I usually know just where to looki for whatever I need - the key word here is usually. LOL! In my storage room most projects are in individual plastic containers, and again, I can usually find the project I want to work on, and again, not always. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9485 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9485 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2023 :  4:11:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The funny thing for me is that I was more organized when I had my kids at home. Now that my days are my own pretty much, I am terrible at being organized.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4731 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4731 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2023 :  8:32:00 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
LOL! I guess we get lazy a little? I understand.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1268 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1268 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2023 :  07:24:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You girl have inspired me, I always seem to have several projects going at the same time. One by my chair where I sit at night with my husband, (he likes for me to sit with him) and then another in my craft room, and another on the kitchen table sometimes but I do try hard to finish one and then finish another. Before starting a new one but sometimes my brain gets to excited. So between farmgirl swaps and my booth that my daughter and I try to keep full and then just the project that other people want me to do for them. Sometimes life gets a little overwhelming and I have to slow down. Regroup and Reorganize and Restart. Finishing is my main goal. New Year new goal.
I would like to try and send more letters, cards and postcards to try and stay more connected to you girls and friends and family.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6067 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6067 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2023 :  4:49:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I started working on my clutter downstairs! Upstairs, oh my! I got the courage to open the door to upstairs oh my, I put my Christmas stuff upstairs and set it on the bottom step. The stairs are cluttered all the way down the stairs after the Christmas earthquakes!.

Such fun!
Have a good day everyone!
Love you all!

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1033 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1033 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2023 :  5:14:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sherry, you sound like me. I project next to my chair where I sit next to John. Two or three in my craft room…don’t feel like sewing today? Let’s paper craft…lol

I tend to be messy and then have to organize and tidy or I feel too much stress and anxiety. In July of 2021 I was able to make over my space using mostly IKEA Kallex units with cube storage. I have 3 Alex Drawers too. Ive been tweaking since then to figure out what works best…which seems to change still!

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2023 :  7:35:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have New Year's resolutions. I have New Year's suggestions! Much less stress.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

79 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
79 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2023 :  04:02:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, we don't talk about the kitchen LOL I'm reviewing badges and Farm Kitchen - Get it together is what I should be working on.
Sherry that is what happens to me, I get excited about the next project and move on before the other on is done.
I have my crochet supplies next to my chair where I sit to watch TV & read. Having it close by helps me get things done.

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9485 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9485 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2023 :  04:49:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You gals inspire me and we seem to have lots in common when it comes to projects. I am determined to get some somethings finished soon. Problem is I seem to get into one craft and stuck there for a while. Right now it is papercrafting. So many pretties! But that is something I have to do at the craft table and that kills my back. Taking a break for a bit.

Chiropractor appt today. First one in about 5 years. Hope this one can help. I want to get back to being able to move without pain.

My kitchen here is small like my last one but there I had a huge pantry. Yesterday I did some clean out and discarded some outdated things as well rearranging a bit.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6067 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6067 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2023 :  11:26:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am right with you ladies on this one! Lots of started projects.
Love you all!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4731 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4731 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2023 :  3:35:28 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I tend more to work on one project, get bored, and work on another. Sometimes 3-4 projects at once. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6067 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6067 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2023 :  5:25:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by darlenelovesart

I started working on my clutter downstairs! Upstairs, oh my! I got the courage to open the door to upstairs oh my, I put my Christmas stuff upstairs and set it on the bottom step. The stairs are cluttered all the way down the stairs after the Christmas earthquakes!.

Such fun!
Have a good day everyone!
Love you all!

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Project Discussions: Previous Topic January ~2023 bright beginnings Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page