Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Thrift & Antique Store Treasures!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Thrift & Antique Store Treasures! Next Topic  

JennRap
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Jennifer
Sonora CA
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2023 :  7:57:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love to browse through thrift and antique stores as often as I can get time to do so. I hit it lucky last week when visiting the small, quaint town of Jamestown (near my home in Sonora, CA).
I just couldn't resist the cute calico apron for just $4, the big beautiful yellow bowl was 1/2 off, only $4.00, the two sweet creamers (my great grandma had some of these so I couldn't resist!) $2.00 each and the small white Pyrex mixing bowl was $8.50. At another store down the street the red enamel bowl caught my eye in the window so I grabbed that up for $6! I don't mind the wear and tear of a cute enamel bowl. It'll look great sitting with my collection on the shelf over my kitchen sink!
What treasures have you all found lately? Do you love "hunting" as much as I do? I think mine comes from being raised in a family of women who all loved anything vintage and the challenge of the hunt!

Jennifer Rapoza
California - Idaho bound in 2023! <3

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9485 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9485 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2023 :  02:35:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great finds Jennifer!
My daughter and I hit the thrift stores every couple of weeks. I can find a book or two most often and I'm usually on the hunt for Currier and Ives blue dishes. My mom gave some she had and I have been slowly adding pieces as I find them. I did find a piece of Revereware last time I was there. I have had mine since we got married and I enjoy finding extra pots to add. It has been awhile since I've been to an antique store. I think the last time was when Linda (quiltee) came to visit in September? We found a small one here.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 30 2023 02:38:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4731 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4731 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2023 :  07:57:15 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My husband and I love thrift stores. We’ve gotten some great deals. My latest was a Featherweight anniversary edition for $225. I still need to get it serviced. Ed has gotten several XXX beaver Stetson’s at thrift and estate sales - $200-300 hats for between $7 and $25.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

JennRap
True Blue Farmgirl

63 Posts

Jennifer
Sonora CA
USA
63 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2023 :  11:40:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I love those blue dishes! So pretty! My MIL had a huge collection of Liberty Blue dishes and I kick myself for not keeping them all! I kept a few key pieces and grab them up when I see them in stores. I just love wandering around antique and thrift stores..when I'm ALONE! lol
Linda, What an amazing find on those hats! Wow! I wish we would have kept my Grandma's antique machine. But, can't keep everything...gotta pick and choose. ;)

Jennifer Rapoza
California - Idaho bound in 2023! <3
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1033 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1033 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2023 :  7:14:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love your finds, Jenn!! Thrifting and antiquing and two of my favorite things to do!! :)

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3514 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3514 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2023 :  10:15:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jennifer, you hit the jackpot on your recent thrift store visit! I never tire of just going and looking to see what is present. So much of our cultural history ends up in these thrift stores and antique malls following the death of someone. Many young people today are not interested in this old stuff or collecting it. But, I am one of those who love old pieces from the past and wonder about the stories they could tell.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Thrift & Antique Store Treasures! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page