Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 September~2022 Let the "ber" months begin!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic September~2022 Let the "ber" months begin! Next Topic
Page: of 4

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9495 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9495 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2022 :  6:54:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know some of our farmgirls are kitty lovers.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1259 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1259 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2022 :  7:32:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You betcha!

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9495 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9495 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2022 :  04:36:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Enjoy the weekend everyone!
I hope you will be enjoying cooler weather soon!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9495 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9495 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2022 :  12:20:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Saturday!
“Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.”
~Babs Hoffman

(Art: "The Country Drive," by Dominic Davison)

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9495 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9495 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2022 :  06:23:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Feels like Fall mornings are heading our way. Woke to a cool breeze. When my grandson and daughter got here this morning they were wearing heir light jackets. That's a sure sign cooler weather.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4736 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4736 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2022 :  08:00:21 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Was 62 when we left Mackinac Island this morning. Have a long 8-10 hour drive to Moline, IL today - in the rain!!! We were in the rain most of the way north on Sunday, too. Wish the rain would go to Texas!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1259 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1259 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2022 :  11:00:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our weather is supposed to be in the glorious 80s all week. Hopefully the dreaded 100s are gone for this year but it will be in the 90s net week so probably too soon to be celebrating. Some rain would be so welcome, especially if it falls on the fires.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9495 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9495 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2022 :  4:19:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In just over a week, we will celebrate the first official day of Fall.
Let's get ready for a wonderful autumn season

(Art from Pinterest)

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1038 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1038 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2022 :  6:27:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I’m so ready for fall. The temps are cooling some but we are still dealing with horrible amounts of smoke from fires in the state. We have a smoke warning in place until 1 pm tomorrow. Hopefully the winds will push it out. Other than that, I’m loving the cooler temps and the breezes. Although I did see that we are supposed to get a “wintery” fall this year…

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9495 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9495 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2022 :  6:57:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh a wintery fall sounds promising for an actual winter. We had a fake winter last year.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1259 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1259 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2022 :  7:32:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are ready for a nice rainy winter. We only had a couple days of rain last winter.
Karen -- Sorry about the smoke. We get it when the wind blows the other way; sometimes it was so horrible the sky was orange. I had four air filters going in the house.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9495 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9495 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2022 :  04:43:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9495 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9495 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2022 :  04:51:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking forward to getting caught up on the things that should have been done yesterday. Started out with a plan but flexibility is a good thing,so I made myself available when my daughter's church asked if I'd come help with the little ones in the nursery for a couple of hours. After that dd and I headed to the thrift store. Found some good deals and she found exactly what she was looking for also. Wish Linda and I would have had such good luck when we were there.
Linda, they have added to all those sewing machines and had to start another area for them.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Sep 15 2022 04:52:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4736 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4736 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2022 :  08:30:40 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wow! I'd never seen a thrift place with that many sewing machines!

I found a few things at Indiana thrift stores, but not a lot. Oh, and did I mention I bought my 3rd Featherweight at an antique shop on the way to Denise's house last week? Lol!

We are 300 miles from home after 3 funerals in 3 weeks - cousins on both mine and Ed's sides of the family. Then on Thursday we leave for a wedding in CA for 5 days. Been a whirlwind the last 3 weeks.

We did squeeze in a day and night at Mackinac Island, MI on Monday; had a great time but it rained off and on all day!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Sep 15 2022 08:33:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9495 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9495 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2022 :  1:37:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't realize you had 3 funerals Linda. I thought it was only the 2 up north. That's rough. Get some rest before you head to CA.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1259 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1259 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2022 :  2:15:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kind of like the movie Four Weddings and a Funeral in reverse. At least you have a happy event to look forward to.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9495 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9495 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2022 :  2:24:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fall she is a coming.

Cute Fall Bucket List! I might not be able to do them all but I love considering the many wonderful possibilities!

(Art by Love Bakes Good Cakes)

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1259 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1259 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2022 :  3:32:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The first year we were going together DH and his buddy decided to have a big outdoor Halloween party complete with bonfires and a corn maze. They spent a week chopping corn stalks to create a super maze covering several acres. Wouldn't you know it, the day before the party we had a storm with wind blowing and rain coming down in buckets. The maze was completely flattened but the bonfires sure felt good. I made a Vampira costume from an old black stretch jersey sheet my son had left behind and found a fake red rose to pin to the front (I had the shape to wear it back then). I think that was my favorite party, even the dancing in the mud part.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4736 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4736 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2022 :  4:39:29 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Neat fall list, Denise.

We just booked a 14-day cruise for end of November - December. Can't wait!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9495 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9495 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2022 :  05:05:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where are you heading Linda?

That's a shame that the maze was flattened but sounds like a good time was enjoyed. Can't do mazes here. Allergies.

We took the grandkids to Young's Jersey Dairy on Saturday. Played a round of mini golf, had lunch, rode on the big slide,(the girls not me), left due to the extremely long line for ice cream and went to Graeter's. It is closer to home. The lines were long for lunch at Young's due to the Wool Gathering Festival they were holding. So many people there.
The chocolate festival is coming up October 1st. May go there, though I have an allergy to chocolate I might find something there. Looking forward to the Apple Festival coming soon.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Sep 20 2022 05:06:59 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4736 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4736 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2022 :  08:16:32 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Regarding the 3 funerals - Ed had one Aug 23 in MI and he flew up there by himself (cousin on father's side), a cousin on his mother's side in Indiana on Sept 6 (their mothers were twins), the day after the funeral the husband of a cousin of mine passed away in Illinois and we decided to change our return route/plans and attend his funeral. I was the only one of my siblings able to go and I wanted to go. My cousin has Alzheimer's and some dementia and he was her driver and caregiver, even though he had health problems of his own.

Thursday we are flying to San Jose, California. My nephew and his wife are doing a "restating of their vows and celebration of marriage" since when they married last September they could only have 20 people present. This celebration will be 200 people and 5 people can bridesmaida and groomsmen. I'm still trying to decide which dress to wear. And yesterday I got an invite to attend the rehearsal dinner. That was quite a surprise. And again, I will be the only one of my siblings able to attend. This will be a nice happy time after the three funerals we've just attended.

I have been keeping my cat watchers busy this summer. Lol!

I also just booked a 14-day cruise after Thanksgiving to and from NOLA (New Orleans) to Montego Bay Jamaica, Aruba, Bonaire, Cartagena Columbia, Partial Panama Canal transit, Limon Costa Rica, and Cozumel Mexico. Will be over Ed's birthday, so will try to have something arranged for him on the cruise. Lol!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Sep 20 2022 08:17:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1259 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1259 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2022 :  11:40:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A gal friend and I did the Panama Canal cruise 13 years ago. It was so interesting -- be sure and go to the canal lecture (if they have one) as it will really add to the experience. It had been high on my bucket list and was a real treat to go. I had wished DH was with me as it is one cruise that men wouldn't be bored with.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4736 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4736 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2022 :  11:51:08 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ed and I have done the same cruise before, too; that cruise was over Halloween about 5 years ago. I remember Ed took lots of pictures.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3519 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3519 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2022 :  12:24:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, here I am back home early, Warren and I caught Covid and tested positive on Sunday. That means we have to leave the travel group immediately, so we went back to our hotel room and found a Monday 6am flight out of Prague and eventually home. It was a long day!! I have a pretty bad head cold and a nasty cough and Warren has only a slight runny nose . But we still tested positive today so we are home resting and hoping to get back on track soon. The Germany part of the trip was very interesting as it was all about East Germany up until the fall of Russia and the end of communism in 1989. Seeing that Berlin Wall was scary and just the idea of being captive and unable to have any freedoms made me love our democracy even more. Democracy is a fragile thing and people who lust after power and status can snatch it away from the voters. East Germany is still trying to rebuild from the bombings of WWII. Once the Russians took over, very little was done to repair the damaged building and the ones they put up were just grey/brown concrete. This territory suffered a lot from the Hitler years and it will take more decades to finish cleaning it up.

We also got a wonderful break with cooler weather and lower humidity. Several days we had rain, but everyone took umbrellas and carried on the tours. Plus, when you drive outside of the city, you see apple trees all over the place full of fruit. I did allow 1 slice of the German Apple strudel and oh, it was so delicious!

This afternoon, I am going to try and catch up with the main Forum as well. It sounds like everyone is busy these days!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1259 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1259 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2022 :  12:37:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sorry that you had to end your trip early. Not fair at all! At least you got to see part of it. I'm not sure East Germany will ever recover if they have to depend on Russia. Cool weather and apfel strudel sound so good. We actually had a few sprinkles here yesterday but it's supposed to be in 90s again Saturday.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Project Discussions: Previous Topic September~2022 Let the "ber" months begin! Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page