Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 What are you working on 2022
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic What are you working on 2022 Next Topic
Page: of 5

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4733 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4733 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2022 :  09:21:23 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here is one of the several patterns for a circular tablecloth skirt I found on Pinterest. I'm trying to decide whether to adapt for an elastic waistband or use a zipper. I have numerous old zippers or elastic I can use. LOL! I will have enough of the tablecloth I will be removing that I can make a waistband easily.

You can also make skirts from rectangle tablecloths. I have several I got at a friend's moving sale for $.50 each 3 years ago (I can't believe she sold them for that little) - I am going to look and see if there is one with only a few holes that could be a skirt. I think making one of them would be easier as a first tablecloth apron. And trying to decide what I can put over any holes, if necessary - like yoyos or enbroidered hearts or ??? The friend I got them from passed away last year from complications of COVID, so it will be made in her memory.

http://wipster.blogspot.com/2009/08/circular-tablecloth-skirt-tutorial.html

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4733 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4733 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2022 :  6:43:12 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Today I got a little done. I cleaned off my cutting table so I can cut the heavier fabric for 2 sets of drapes. They are only "simple" slide-the-pocket-on-the-rod type drapes, but the dining room drapes will be lined and not sure yet about the bedroom drapes. Will probably have to line them, too, since I have to make a seam I didn't really want to and I think without a lining it will show. I'm going to make one side and see. If it doesn't show, then I'll make the other side; if it does, I'll need to get another sheet for the backing. LOL!

I also shortened a summer shift dress I made 12? years ago and then didn't like the way it fit. Since I lost some weight it fits better now. I LOVE the material it is made out of and took several years before I even cut it so I was very upset when I didn't like the fit. Now I can wear it. WOO HOO!!

I also cut and sewed the seam in the backing for a quilt and cut the backing for a table runner my cousin had started. I will send both these items to my niece when I get the quilt back from the longarm quilter. I am taking it to her on Thursday at the guild meeting.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1258 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1258 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2022 :  8:44:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, you are making tired just reading all you have done. I need a nap now.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4733 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4733 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2022 :  05:53:32 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry to tire you out Judith. It tires me out, too. Going to call my hairdresser to see if she can get me in for a permanent this week. It's been nine months since I had one.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9491 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9491 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2022 :  06:31:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol. Linda, I haven't found a good salon here yet. They all want to cut it all off. I went last week and I won't have to go for quite sometime. Evven though I tell them just a trim. Of course I can't tell what they are doing until it's done. Cutting it myself next time.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1258 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1258 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2022 :  09:41:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haircut is near the top of my list. I haven't had one since before covid and now it's down to my waist and I want it gone. DH loves it long but I'm just too old to fuss with it any longer. Short and layered is what I dream of. I don't even know if my old hairdresser is still around. Need to find another cleaning lady too.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4733 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4733 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2022 :  10:31:12 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My hair isn't that long, but it is a few inches below my shoulders and I find myself getting tangled in it when I turn over in bed and that bugs me. I want to get it cut to my shoulders - no shorter than that. I have baby fine hair and it seems to hold a perm well, which is good. I have a wedding to go to in September in California and if I get the perm now it will be at a nice manageable stage.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4733 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4733 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2022 :  06:43:09 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Worked on the dining room drapes yesterday. Decided to do tab tops instead of just sewing a rod pocket - they hang better with not as much fabric on the rods. Today I'll try to finish then and start on the bedroom curtains.

Need to finish the quilts and backings I'm taking to quilting tomorrow night to give to the longarmer. So much to do not enough time. And may hit 100 before the weekend - yuk!!

I also need to get rid of a lot of my fabric scraps - I will never use them all up! I live scrappy quilts, but again - not enough time!!! If anyone wants some scraps let me know.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Jun 08 2022 06:46:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2022 :  06:52:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, nice table cloths. I too love vintage table cloths. My mum has a few of them and puts them out when we dine. It's just so comforting to me.

Working on a Churn Dash quilt, a sew a long with friends around the globe. Most of my fabric is cut out. Worked out the pattern on EQ. All scraps and no border!

I worked a bit on a basket UFO quilt started in 2010. It's a machine appliqué project.

Catch you all later.

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2022 :  06:56:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh forgot to mention, did finish a scarf ... I just need to put the ends in. The pattern is called 21 color Scarf, the yarn used - Woolstok by Blue Sky Fibers 100% Highland wool from Peru.

Love how it turned out!

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9491 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9491 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2022 :  07:08:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful quilt Carole. I like the Churn Dash pattern. Gorgeous scarf. You sure do keep busy at it!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6067 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6067 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2022 :  12:36:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole that is a beautiful quilt! I really love that scarf, that will really be warm and toasty for winter time.
Nice work!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2022 :  09:26:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Darlene and Denise for your lovely comments. I am looking forward to wearing the scarf but first I want to enjoy spring and summer! lol

This weekend I plan on working on the quilt. I still need to cut fabric for 10 blocks. The quilt has 50 blocks total.

Cheers!

Carole

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3519 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3519 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2022 :  11:34:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, your quilt is lovely and Churn Dash has always been a favorite pattern of mine. I also love the beautiful scarf you just finished. The soft yarn and pretty colors make it perfect for when your weather makes scarf wearing necessary.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4733 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4733 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2022 :  6:29:11 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Love the Churn Dash pattern. Are all blocks going to be the same colors/fabrics or all different?

And I love the yarn you used for the scarf.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4733 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4733 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2022 :  2:45:35 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Today I finished the top of my nephews wedding quilt - I'm taking it to the longarm quilter tonight and I just hope it turns out after longarm quilting. This top has been the worst to make that I can think of - I have never ripped out so much due to seams not matching. Also, two of the fabrics - the black and white - are fraying very badly; I trimmed off all the black ends and hope some don't sneak in between the batting and quilt top where there is white fabric, because they will show through and impossible to remove.

Today I also finished piecing the backing for my large Christmas quilt - the backing is reducing some of my Christmas stash because I used 5 different fabrics on the backing and it is 110" x 120" (the quilt top is 100 x 110). I'm trying to organize my quilting/crafting room and getting these two quilts out of the house is a good step forward.

Now to work on the MJF swaps I caved and signed up for: the Christmas in July and the S&P Shaker Tassels. Ideas are in my head - now to make the finished products. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9491 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9491 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2022 :  4:43:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Linda you have been busy. I'm such a slacker!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2022 :  06:30:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, WOW, you're been a busy bee! As for the churn dash quilt, it will be scrappy. I pulled out my scrap bins and started cutting a couple of months ago. I haven't touched it since. My cutting table has become a dumping ground ... sigh!

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on Jul 21 2022 06:30:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2022 :  06:48:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is what I have been working on. The pattern is called Dunyvaig by Kate Davies Designs. It is a hap, which is a Scottish term for a shawl. I'm using left over skein from another project ... making do!

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on Jul 21 2022 06:52:01 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9491 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9491 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2022 :  07:56:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is beautiful Carole. Love the pattern.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4733 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4733 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2022 :  10:46:17 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Beautiful work, Carole. I knit, but I do not like the intricate patterns and envy those of you who do them.

I really want to make a pair of socks, because I LOVE knitted socks, but have never tried for myself. I'd love to find an easy pattern for a first pair. I have bought many hand- and machine-knitted pairs of socks and all but one pair have many holes. I still wear them because I love the feel of the socks.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3519 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3519 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2022 :  10:52:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carol , I love that Scottish shawl you are making. The wool looks very soft and the pattern is gorgeous!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Jokamartell
True Blue Farmgirl

1038 Posts

Karen
Kennewick WA
USA
1038 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2022 :  10:04:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gorgeous work, Carole!

Karen :)

To quote one of my past preschoolers “Not one of those Karens, but a good Karen”! Haha
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2022 :  08:26:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you ladies for the lovely comments. It's so encouraging.

Linda, I would be happy to assist you in knitting socks. I love socks, they are mindless for me. As a matter of fact I can send you a pattern I created that is my go to pattern when I don't want to think.

Cheers!

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on Jul 29 2022 10:57:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2022 :  10:58:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Regarding socks, Earthtonesgirl has a wonderful Youtube channel on socks. She's amazing. This is her first class on knitting socks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fup5_rbJIeE!

Enjoy! Cheers!

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on Jul 29 2022 10:59:01 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic What are you working on 2022 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page