levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9514 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9514 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2022 :  12:17:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you. Judith I've never had this much counterspace or cabinet storage before and I love it. The white really helped brighten the gray walls.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6070 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6070 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2022 :  12:43:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks so wonderful!
D

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9514 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9514 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2022 :  07:20:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Darlene!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2022 :  4:58:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Denise, you r new kitchen is beautiful and so spacious!! Enjoy having everything now just the way you wanted it in your new home. It is very light and airy too!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9514 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9514 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2022 :  04:02:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's not a big kitchen but it is quite big enough for us. I enjoy that room because there is lots of light. I don't have curtain up yet because I can't find the length I need so I am going to make some. This kitchen has the touch lights underneath the cabinets and you just touch one spot and they all light. Brightness depends on how many times you touch it. They are wired through the cabinets and plug in up in one of the top ones. We also have the lights that are recessed and we have two lights that hang down.8 One over the sink and one in front of the new set of cabinets. She had a table and chairs there. We had to raise that light so the cabinet door wouldn't hit it when we opened them.

There are a few odds and ends I need to find homes for or donate if I decide they won't work. I keep a small box in the storage room for things I want to keep and thinking I might change things up with once in a while.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 11 2022 02:54:44 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9514 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9514 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2022 :  03:04:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Spent yesterday afternoon entertaining my "best little man" while his mom did some sewing. She had to make new masks for our Vi. She chews holes in the lining while at school. It seems to be common with the young ones. Today I'm going to go over and help her get her Christmas things put away. She hasn't had time since they came back from their after Christmas trip to see her in laws. She is like me and gets distracted when doing things and it helps to have someone there to keep on track.
I keep thinking about things I want to do with my crafting now that everything is cleaned up. Ithink I might start a planner for that and see if I can include some badges in the process.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 11 2022 03:06:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2022 :  08:49:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, Nice kitchen!

Not much going on here. Covid, covid, covid ... it's old! Quebec is still under lockdown, so no visiting my family.

Not much else to report ... knit, knit, wool work, knit and a tad of quilting! that's about it. Great to catch up.

Catch you all later!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9514 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9514 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2022 :  12:43:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Carole.
It seems like this is the season for everything too. Colds, flu, Covid, sinus troubles. Seems someone is always down with something. So sorry to hear you aren't able to see family.
Hope your pumpkin is doing well. Many here are concerned about whether they will be going back to classes or if they will have to wait. We do what we can do, and that's all we can do.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2022 :  10:23:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carole, good to hear that you are hanging in there and doing well. Down here in Florida we are drowning in Covid infections. Just hoping things clear up soon. Several close friends, who are vaccinated, are coming down with breakthrough infections. While not ending up in a hospital they are plenty sick and miserable for a solid week or more. sigh. Like everyone else, I am weary from worrying about it all!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2022 :  11:04:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry I have been unavailable for awhile. Denise, my prayers are for your daughter and husband and you too. What a stressful time. I am praying for all you farmgirls too. Denise, your kitchen looks wonderful! I have a white kitchen too and I love the light it brings in. I add color accents. My youngest son and wife moved to Santa Fe around Christmas. A little farther away from Minnesota but a little cooler for them. Today we are putting the Christmas stuff away. I didn't put it up until the day before Christmas eve. Now the decorating is with snowmen (imagine that in Minnesota).

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9514 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9514 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2022 :  4:50:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonnie, Good to see you! I love decorating my kitchen with pops of color too.
Decorating with snowmen is great because you can leave them out all winter long!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2022 :  4:10:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonnie, it is great to have you check in! Happy New Year to you and enjoy those fun snowmen during your long winter months!! We are supposed to get our first freeze tonight , but it has been so warm up until now that I have a few azalea bushes in full bloom! It has been a crazy roller coaster of weather here all Fall and December.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2022 :  3:54:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Things are quiet here in the Henhouse! Is everyone OK?? We have been having our coldest weather the past week and weekend of the year so far. Tonight goes down to 28, so we shall see if that ruins by blooming azaleas.

I have been keeping busy reading books and a little bit of knitting for fun. I finished the story of Laura Ingalls Wilder's life and it was just fascinating to hear about her growing up years and then her married years. There were many parallels. We had all the Little House on the Prairie books and my kids loved them, especially my youngest. It was a tough life in the 1880s going West to new territory and starting a farm from scratch. Talk about hard work and hardship!! I wonder if I would have enjoyed doing that?

Hope you all are well and just staying warm as the cold weather has pretty much come to stay everywhere in most of the states.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9514 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9514 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2022 :  5:49:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am here Winnie. Have been enjoying our snowfall from this morning and afternoon. It is cold but so pretty. We were out this evening and the roads are clear. Suppose to get a bit more tonight and tomorrow, but no real accumulation. I have been crocheting and just doing my piddling around as Sara used to say.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2022 :  6:01:04 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We've also had some very cold nights - 25-28 degrees. Back up to 55 in daytime. Great weather for colds.

Ed and I went to an estate sale yesterday (25% off) and today (50% off). Yesterday I got 3 sets of hand cross-stitched cloth napkins, a cute apron, a pair of shoes for Ed, a pr of denim jeans for crafts (though it may fit me, so may be saved the scissors for a while), 1 denim shirt probably for crafts; and today I bought another pair of jeans for crafts, another denim shirt for crafts, a pair of risers/levelers for the RV, a fishing chair for a friend, and a wooden cabinet for the garage. I may use some of the napkins as a yoke or pockets on denim aprons.

The wooden cabinet is the most useful right now. I had been to a friend's house a couple days ago and saw a cabinet where she kept all her larger and electric appliances (crockpots, large soup pots, hot pot, etc.). I thought what a great idea - it helps free up space in the kitchen cabinets for things used more often. And then we went to the estate sale - just 4 blocks from home - and there it was; a cabinet very similar to hers. We came back today and were there early because today it was only $25 - half of the $50 marked price. We cleaned it and I added shelf paper to all 6 shelves and tomorrow will put my not-so-often-used cooking appliances, pots, and pans into the shelves.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2022 :  8:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, that looks like the unfinished cabinets they have at home depot.
I love that idea.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9514 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9514 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2022 :  04:33:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great finds Linda! I keep my small appliances on the bottom shelf of a lazy Susan cabinet we put in. They are handy for quick use and it keeps my counters clear from looking cluttered.
I use one similar but white in the craft area for storage. Matches the kitchen cabinets if I ever decide to move it for pantry storage too.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2022 :  4:46:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Linda, you got some great finds at the sale!! I do like the cabinet and it sounds like a good solution for your kitchen as well. Your weather sounds like what we have been having over here in Florida. I am calling it t he Florida Winter and happy to enjoy some sweater weather for a change.

Denise, glad you are just "piddling around" up there as the snow falls! I love that expression that Sara always uses! My Grandpa used to say that too when he was working on small projects for fun.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2022 :  6:45:54 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It is working out well. I put my hot pot, crockpot, juicer, larger soup/stew pots, rice steamer, dehydrators, knife sharpener, and also some of my baking pans that aren't used as much to help clean out that drawer. There is still a little room in the cabinet. I love the extra room in my kitchen cupboards - now to rearrange them.

We keep saying we don't "need" to go to estate sales because we really don't need any more, but, then again, we wouldn't want to miss out on something we could use. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2699 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2699 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2022 :  5:33:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Bonnie! Hope you are staying warm where you are!!
Winnie, was the book that you read about Laura Ingalls Wilder a fairly large book and it talked about how she wrote her books and how her daughter helped edit them? I read that one a couple of years ago. So interesting! I didn't realize how close they were to starving when they were starting their apple farm in Missouri. Brad's family were all pioneers and I've heard the family stories. But to be honest, I don't know if I would have had it in me to do the same thing!! I know that HE would have loved living like that!
Little House in the Big Woods was one of the first chapter books that I read, I think I was in the 3rd grade. I loved it SO much! A few winters ago, I started with it and read clear through all of the books until the end. Great winter time reading.
Linda, I need a cabinet like that! What a great find! My daughter is encouraging me to get an air fryer. She got one for Christmas and is loving it. I just don't know if I would use one enough to warrant buying one....and then having to have a place to store the thing. Do any of you girls have one? Do you like it and what do you use it for?

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9514 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9514 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2022 :  04:49:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie,
I love readibg the Little House books in the wintertime. Usually read them every year. Haven't this year yet though. Laura and her family really did have a hard life.

I bought an air fryer and sent it back. I really didn't think I would use it enough to warrant the purchase.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2022 :  06:17:22 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've been thinking of getting an air fryer, but have been wondering the same thing. Some of them are so large that I wouldn't want it setting out on the counter, and I already have other appliances that really don't get used enough.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2022 :  10:59:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, yes the book I read was a large book and tells about her own life as a child and adult and how she helped her daughter too. I keep thinking I will read all of the book series once I finish several books I am currently reading. I get so excited about new books but I have to rein myself in and finish what I already committed to. Anyone else have that problem??

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1219 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1219 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2022 :  07:01:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie you would love an air fryer. We have a smaller one and it is perfect for Keith and I. I use it on a regularly for meals. It works great when the grands want fries. Just throw a handful in the basket and in 7 minutes they have hot, crispy fries without the oil.

We are still in Galveston on vacation.enjoying the warmer temps and fishing. The weather at home has been a little sketchy so we are in no hurry to head that way.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1219 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1219 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2022 :  07:02:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I love your kitchen. Great find on the cabinet Linda.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Project Discussions: Previous Topic January 2022 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page