Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Feb 26 2021 :  10:38:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Denise, Crow Friend, Crowette, Baby Crowling and his Brother come around most days at least once. Sometimes they come together or in twos; parents together, siblings together. This Winter , they have been coming less but I see them everyday at the Park down there street where I go to walk each day. They call to me and sort of hang around the paths for a short bit too. Speaking of backyard bird friends, Hubby put up a Bluebird house and we have had a couple check it out several times this week. We are hoping they will nest there this year!! I think I mentioned that we all gave hubby a Bard Nesting house for Christmas because we have several who live close by and talk every night. We understand that it might take several years before an Owl will come and nest, but we have this HUGE nest affixed to a backyard Oak tree so it is ready as soon as an Owl would consider it for a home.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2021 :  3:15:17 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
What a February - I am so far behind in everything!

We got our first vaccination shots on Wednesday - well, shot was no pain at all, but I had most all the reactions - fever up and down, headaches, achy joints, achy muscles, and fatigue for 1-1/2 days. YUCK1 I sure hope that means no reactions after shot number 2. We get that on March 24.

Then yesterday, while working on a dotee doll for a swap, I found my missing checkbook. I hadn't thought about it for a while, because I just knew it had to be here somewhere. Well, when we were in San Antonio a few weeks ago, I had been working on a project and when we went out one time I didn't want to take my checkbook and so I put it in the box of things I was working on. Well, I didn't open that box until yesterday, and lo and behold - there was my checkbook. I am so glad to have found it.

I rearranged my sewing room to add a sewing machine in a cabinet that has been in the garage, and that took a while. Still not sure if I will like this arrangement. I had to make room so that I could open the top to use the machine. LOL I'm also finding a lot of scrap fabric that needs to be ironed and cut into squares or strips or, if large enough, folded and added to my cubes of fabric by color.

I'm kinda glad February is over, but now need to gather my financial info for the tax accountant. UGH! Hate tax time.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2021 :  4:12:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I can't believe February is over already either! Somehow the year is zooming along very fast. Today and yesterday , it hit 84 degrees and everything is bursting out in bloom. It was a beautiful weekend to be outside and enjoy the spring weather. Tuesday it rains and then back to the low 60s the rest of the week and next weekend. Crazy weather!

Linda, I am sorry you you got sick from your first shot. I had one day like that too but then it quickly passed. Just glad to have both vaccines now!!

Recently, I was reading a magazine article about Rex Jelly. It was an imitation jelly made from corn syrup that was very popular in the 1930s-40s. I had never heard of it before. Have any of you? Apparently, people loved it on hot biscuits better than real jelly. I also got this book second hand off Amazon on American Kitchens. It starts in the early colonial settlement days until present and discussed the history of all the details of kitchen location, use, appliances, habits etc. Fascinating!! I am enjoying all the photos too of the changes over the decades. I have one more book on it's way on this subject and can't wait to see what it offers. Kitchens fascinate me and I love hearing all of the different and creative ways families used what ever they had for resources to make the kitchen both safe and effective. Any one else fascinated with kitchen history??

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2021 :  5:51:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds very interesting Winnie!
Could you tell the title of the one you have?

Linda,
Sorry you had effects from the shot but glad you finally found your checkbook!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2021 :  5:55:39 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Denise! Me, too, on both accounts. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2021 :  7:28:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda -- I'm sorry you had a bad vaccine reaction. My doctor once told me if you have a bad reaction to a vaccine it meant that you had low immunity to that disease so it's a good thing you got the shot.
My sewing room needs some attention too. Mostly it needs me to get in there and finish quilting the big quilt I started quilting two months ago.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2021 :  03:59:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith,
My daughter had a horrible reaction to the MMR vaccine when she was a baby. Doctor told us no more shots for her.
She ended up in the hospital so we heeded his advice. There was nothing scarier for me.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2021 :  1:57:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the new shingles vaccine a little over a year ago. I had such a bad reaction to it that I decided not to have the 6 month booster. I had trouble lifting my arm to reach things on shelves and my legs had trouble lifting me up from chairs for about two months. Just hoping that the one shot will give me some immunity.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2021 :  1:59:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some times the effects can be bad from some people.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2703 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2703 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2021 :  08:21:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, what is the name of the kitchen book? It sounds really similar to a book my BIL got me years ago for Christmas. I don't remember the entire title but I feel like part of it was "over a hot stove".
I have been thinking about getting the shingles vaccine but need to do a little more looking into it first. I would really not want to get shingles at some point. The scary thing about vaccines...you don't know how or if you are going to react...and it's already in your system, so it's too late then.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2021 :  2:41:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the subject of vaccines...I called a local friend yesterday...almost noon! When her husband answered her cell phone, I asked where she was. He told me she was in bed asleep, because she was experiencing a bad reaction to her second shot. She was dizzy, could not stand up or walk.
Well I waited until after 2 pm and called again.After many rings, she said h e ll o.
She confirmed what he had told me. She said she felt as tho everything had been stripped out of her. She was experiencing extreme weakness. Shecould not even go to the bathroom by herself...because her legs would not support her. I asked if she was eating. YES! Was her reply! I have been praying for her.

Then a bit later I went to take some eggs to my neighbors. We were visiting when her husband told about a younger man he had talked with at a boy scout meeting. The young guy told him at the last scout meeting that he and his wife had discussed it and had decided to get the vaccine.
So my neighbor, being curious, went over to him at the meeting the other night and asked how it went.The guy said they had decided not to get it. What changed their mind, was the next question!
It seems that two relatives, husband and wife, older but not elderly got their vaccine and the next day one was DEAD! Four days later the other One died too! How sad!
I never did think playing Russian Roulette was a good idea! This untested vaccine is like playing Russian Roulette!
I do not want them putting poisons, in my body. I read that there are about 40 different things in the vaccine. Among them are formaldehyde,mercury, aborted baby cells, etc.
None of that for me!
My neighbor, the pharmacist said that every year they look at the symptoms being seen in doctors offices, then they choose three actual flu vaccines, ( that have been tested!) Mix them together and that makes the flu vaccine! They make another one for old folks, by adding one more flu vaccine. People don't usually die from a flu vaccine, although some die from complications of the flu.

Edited by - TexasGran on Mar 06 2021 2:59:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6074 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6074 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2021 :  3:21:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well that answers my question, I was thinking of getting it because the hospital where I am to get my knee surgery sent me a message to get it . I am not.

Thanks Marilyn.
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2703 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2703 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2021 :  4:18:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh. Judith! That does not sound good! I'm sorry that you had such a bad reaction. I didn't realize that you had to have a booster, as well. No thanks!
Marilyn, that is scary! I'm thinking that just isn't coincidence on that couple's part. Very sad.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2021 :  5:15:27 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We asked my doctor and she said there are no aborted baby cells in the Moderna or Pfizer vaccines. She also said both were tested as much as is required and the reason they were able to be fast-tracked was that they did not have to keep stopping their reearch to ask for more money to continue.

Ed and I got the vaccine and I had fever, chills, and muscle aches, and maybe a little fatigue; Ed had no reaction except soreness at the injection site. I called the doctor and the nurse called back and said that the reaction I had was typical for any vaccine. I have had no reactions to the shingles (I had both old and new shots), pneumonia, and flu vaccines.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2703 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2703 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2021 :  7:11:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you had your second shot as well, Linda?

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2021 :  8:02:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't have any reaction to the old shingles shot, pneumonia, or any previous flu shots. I get the flu shot every year and I have never caught the flu; I haven't even had a cold in several years. I'm in favor of most vaccines, just not the new shingles one. I would much rather be uncomfortable for a few days than in the hospital or worse.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2021 :  10:21:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tried to reach my friend today...twice. No answer! Finally I decided to send her a text message. I just wanted her or her family to know, that I care. As it turned out her grandson was there with her. He is about 14. So tomorrow I will try once more! She told me yesterday that she got the vaccine, so she could fly to see her youngest son and his two little girls.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1221 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1221 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2021 :  4:15:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie both my husband and I have gotten the shingles vaccine and other than a little arm stiffness for a day or two, we did just fine. I have known to many people who have had shingles that have been in agony for months and I am not willing to do that.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2021 :  10:16:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had the old shingles vaccine but still need to have this new one. Even with the old vaccine, I have had mild shingles cases twice already. Hopefully the new one will do the trick.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2021 :  10:49:17 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Debbie -
Our second shot is on March 24. Then we want to go to timeshares and visit cousins in Colorado and possibly NM or AZ.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2703 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2703 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2021 :  4:49:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember my grandma getting shingles and how painful it was for her. I'm going to have to talk to the pharmacist in town and do a little research. I would chance it if it meant I wouldn't get shingles. This has got me to thinking....if children these days are given the chicken pox vaccine, they wouldn't have a chance of getting shingles later in life, I wouldn't think, as it wouldn't be in their body floating around somewhere? So, eventually, would shingles become a thing of the past if children are all immunized for it?

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2021 :  9:03:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting thought Debbie. I'll have to do some research on that. I had chicken pox and German measles twice. My poor mother got chicken pox every time one of her four kids got it. It was good that the second times for me were mild cases.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2021 :  9:38:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our young grandson in law had shingles when they were newly weds. Very painful. But they did some searching on line and so did I. He had an amazing recovery, not because of what the doctor said...but because they mixed up some essential oils and she took really good care of him. He had no insurance at the time... I don't remember which oils they used.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2021 :  9:42:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pox, pox, pox. I was six when I had them. My son broke out on his 3rd birthday. He had a horrible case. Then the second year I taught school...low and behold, those little first graders began to itch, their eyes glazed over and...their moms were called. By the end of the week...my class 2/3 gone. After 2 weeks they came back.I never had the pox again.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Mar 08 2021 9:47:54 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 08 2021 :  9:49:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But I was over exposed for 8 years.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Fun in February~2021 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page