Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 What we are working on 2021
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic What we are working on 2021 Next Topic
Page: of 9

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2022 :  9:24:32 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
MaryEllen - 1 box for Christmas? Wow! I'm down to 7 totes. Lol! I am going to streamline my kitchen utensils- I got a list of the essential kitchen tools and think I have 2-3 of some of the items I only need 1 of. I agree - less is more.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9516 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9516 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2022 :  02:46:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I couldn't do one tote for Christmas. There would have to be at least two. One for ornaments one for everything else. I didn't get all of Christmas put away. Will work on the rest this afternoon. I sorted through my ornaments before Christmas and got rid of a small bow of things.

I have done my kitchen before but could really do it again. In the back of my old Betty Crocker cookbook they have a list of kitchen essentials. I have used that to help me in the past. I need to be realistic about what I actually use and what I hang onto just in case. Lots of baking utensils I don't use anymore.

We have to take the top drawers out of the lower cabinets as they are bringing and installing the countertop tomorrow. The kitchen will finally be done. The cabinets were finished some time ago.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2022 :  4:57:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finished getting Christmas put away and that was a nice feeling. I have downsized over the years but still have one extra large plastic tote and a second smaller one. Then my manager has a much smaller tote all to its self.

Several years back, I decided to rethink my utensil drawer and got rid of any duplicates and also any odd things I only used once and have been taking up space. It helped me a lot to then organize just what I had left in little plastic trays which all fit in one drawer. I keep all of my cooking utensils that I use all the time in a large crock by the stove for handy grabbing. My knives live in one small drawer in a wooden knife holder right by where I cook and prep. This set up has really made things more efficient for me and also orderly so I can find just what I want without digging through a bunch of stuff in 1-2 big drawers. There are many really neat and useful tools for just about anything you want to do. However, I have realized that a good cutting board, a good set of sharp knives, and a few basic things like measuring cups/spoons, potato peeler, grater and pastry blender/rolling pin, pretty much cover any and all preparation needs. With the crock utensils holding wooden spoons, , spatula, whisk
and soup ladle, I am set up for making whatever I want. I remind myself that cooking utensils where always just the basics and cooks didn't have anything more that what was needed. And you know me, I love learning from the old days of our grandmothers! LOL!!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9516 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9516 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2022 :  7:27:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did manage to condense Christmas things down to a few totes. I have an empty that will be used for something else. I will go through my kitchen drawers again while we have them out of the cabinets.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9516 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9516 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2022 :  07:31:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally getting my craft things organized and put to rights. I ended up getting one of the cube storage shelves. Since my crafts are in the basement I thought this would be a good solution for keeping little ones from getting curious. I have a tall cabinet and a smaller one to hold some of the things that don't go in the bins.
We have a game cabinet down there for the grands. Full of puzzles and games. I also have an area in the laundry room that I have all my paper crafting supplies. There is a kitchen cabinet next to the dryer that holds laundry supplies and craft supplies in the drawers. Next to that cabinet is a piece of countertop at desk level to work. The owner had this all set up for her crafting space. Works out well. There is also a small table and chairs in the part where I have the craft storage cabinets for the playing games, doing puzzles and eating. I moved my sewing supplies to the small bedroom as that is where I have my fabric stored. Plenty of room to work up there at the sewing machine. Finally emptied the last box and feeling like we are settled. I have a few things to hang on the walls. I am a procrastinator when it comes to decorating. I'm not very good at it.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 08 2022 07:32:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2699 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2699 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2022 :  08:09:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds like a nice set up, Denise! I’m sure you are feeling relieved to have all of this done and now you can just settle in this winter and enjoy your new home and craft to your heart’s content!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9516 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9516 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2022 :  4:45:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, you know when I was going through stuff I was deciding whether to finish something or get started on something new. Lol!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2022 :  5:25:34 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you are really getting your stuff organized. Your kitchen looks great!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9516 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9516 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2022 :  01:53:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Finally I am Linda. Can't do a lot at a time with my back but it feels good to me when I get it finished.

Glad to get my kitchen done and organized. That feels good too. The only thing really left to do is decide where to hang family pictures. My daughter thinks I should hang them upstairs in the hall. But I'd like some in the living room. Need to decide which ones.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2699 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2699 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2022 :  5:39:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, did you find a new project after all when you were arranging your supplies? New projects are always so much fun!!!
I have just a couple of rows left on a knitted cowl that I have been working on for what seems like years. I'm hoping to have it finally done this week! And I will probably throw the pattern away because I never want to do another one like it!! haha

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2022 :  6:56:51 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am working on a crocheted hexagon sweater. Very easy to do, I just keep putting it down to make other things. LOL! It looks like it will be easy to adjust to fit. I sure hope so!

I just finished 4 smallish fabric hanging baskets and made my own pattern for a larger one to use as a trash bag for the car.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9516 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9516 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2022 :  04:57:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie,
I am working on a temperature blanket in crochet. Going to be a lot of colors representing cold this week. Next week we warm up to the 40s and after than snow again.

Linda, your baskets are cute and you are so very creative! Love the ideas you come up with. Do you have an etsy shop or something where you sell your creations?

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2022 :  06:11:45 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you. There is a small shop here in town where I have been selling several things. I will be putting these small baskets there to see how they do. There is a beauty salon in the same old house, so there is constant traffic through and I have been making a little money. So that's good.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2699 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2699 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2022 :  3:13:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I have seen those afghans and quilts, also. What fun! I just don't know if I could keep it up everyday. Do you add rows every day or maybe a week at a time?

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2022 :  3:51:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, great idea to put some of your handmade items in the shop in town! I bet people are excited to find them too.

I have been working on the feedsack cloth swap and making more hearts to tuck into cards. Somehow, I am not motivated to get into anything complicated or large like a crocheted afghan. It has been years since I made some and they were fun at the time but they do take a lot of work.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2022 :  3:57:02 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm still working away on my hexagon crocheted sweater - one hexagon finished and the other about 1/2 finished. May still need to add length when both hexis are done, but don't have enough of the yarn I started with. I think I MAY have some that would make a nice border; if not, I may do either black/white/grey or multi-colored granny squares for around the bottom. The original yarn is a grey tweed, and I'm finding it very difficult to match or even coordinate with other greys.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Project Discussions: Previous Topic What we are working on 2021 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page