Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 What we are working on 2021
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic What we are working on 2021 Next Topic
Page: of 9

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  9:59:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be doing quilting projects also but didn't know where to post pictures of my Christmas collections.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2699 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2699 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2021 :  07:40:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonnie, those are so cute! I LOVE the little stove and refrigerator!!! Does the refrigerator open or is it a tin? I can't believe that I still have most of my decorations up...it's been a weird year and they make us happy, so....they are staying out for awhile!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2021 :  09:26:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Bonnie I love , Love it all!
Me too Debbie! tell us more about the little stove and Frige!
Connie

Edited by - Killarney on Jan 14 2021 09:27:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2021 :  09:53:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonnie, I love your barns!
Are they cookie jars?
I have a set of barns that are canisters, and a cookie jar. They are ceramic. The cookie jar was from Debbie Mumm.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2021 :  4:25:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonnie, I love seeing some of your little Christmas collections. Each one is very cute and make your shelves very festive too!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9514 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9514 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2021 :  04:44:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonnie, those are sweet collections! Thanks for sharing. It brightens the day to see them!

Yesterday I worked on emptying and dusting down the built in shelves in the dining room. It is a big job and doesn't get done often. I put a lot of my prim items on there. Some were on the hutch in the front room. I emptied it and moved it to the dining room and moved the curiosity cabinet from the dining room to the front room. So they switched places. After dusting everything, most things got different homes. My China from the cabinet is now on/in the hutch and my teapots and collections are in the curio cabinet. I still need to straighten up a couple things but left them for today. Sometimes it feels good to change things around a little. And I feel better knowing that job is done for now. I dust the shelves in the dining room often but things on there need washed and cleaned that way as opposed to just dusting. I also found some things I could part with which helps in my overall endeavor.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 15 2021 04:46:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2021 :  07:10:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you everyone for your kind comments.

Bonnie, that is a sweet collection.

Not much going on creative wise. Hoping to get motivated on the weekend and machine quilt that little quilt.

Catch you all later.

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2021 :  11:58:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, love that advent calendar.
Denise,I have friends that love Harry Potter!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9514 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9514 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2021 :  6:10:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie I wish I was creative enough to come up with things to make using the embroidered things I have from my grandmother.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 15 2021 6:11:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2021 :  05:07:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, your Advent calendar looks like it was such a fun treat to enjoy every day. I got myself and my sister a little one so we could each open the same one together each day. We enjoyed it a lot and it reminded us of the days when we were young and still shared a room. We each had out own different calendar and enjoyed opening the windows and seeing what the other perons’ little scene was.

I finished my little sampler and as soon as I get it framed, I will post a photo. It was easy and fun and I love the colonial colors on the oatmeal color Aida. Right now I am finishing up a little cross stitch that gets made into a needle book. I will keep my little cross stitch scissors, needles and pins inside just for that craft so I will have a dedicated kit for every project I need along with my floss box.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9514 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9514 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2021 :  06:17:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's a great idea Winnie. Look forward to seeing your photo of it.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2021 :  10:22:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

Linda, I'm always saving bits of fabrics, especially flying geese wings (I love a flying geese quilt). I use them as leader and enders. I use the Quilt in a Day half square trimming ruler to trim them to a specific size.

I think I'm getting my quilting mojo back. I had started this English Paper Piecing (EPP) quilt many many many moons ago. The stars were pieced, it was just a question of piecing/hand stitching them with with the hex to create a quilt. Last weekend, I decided to pull out the bag and start working on it. The pattern is from the book Modern Vintage Gift by Helen Philipps (the quilt should look like the bottom left picture).

This how much hand sewing I have completed.

It's nice to be back into quilting. I'm enjoying the hand work.

Catch you all later. Cheers!

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Jan 22 2021 08:44:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1219 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1219 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2021 :  4:18:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful Carole.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2021 :  7:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice, Carol. I have some blocks I've made all by hand years ago. I need to put them together and make a table runner or something.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2021 :  7:46:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, once upon a time my grandma pieced a most special quilt top. It was a small star, also. I was so excited when my mother opened grandmas quilt box and there we found 21 quilt tops. About 21 years after her death. Mother said 21 tops for 21 grand children! The star was in with the others...still as pretty as I remembered it...but grandma had pieced that one top especially for my sister. It was the only one she pieced specifically for a certain grand child.. So mother put it in her frame, and hand quilted it, and gave it to my sister. Sadly my sister, never one to value anything like a special hand made gift did not have the quilt ten years later. She did not really remember it. Perhaps the kids took it to a sleep over, and left it. A more believable story might be that she donated it or sold it in her yearly garage sale. She always said, if she did n oil t use something often she got rid of it. It broke my heart that she did not value all of the hours that grandma and mother put into her quilt. Your quilt will be beautiful.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2021 :  8:21:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole...I love traditional blocks. Thanks everyone for your comments. I collect little barns. The refrigerator in my Christmas decorations was a hallmark. It opens and is full of food. There are magnetic letters on the front and a towel. I just love little stuff. That's why I have so much stuff!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2021 :  09:02:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, I've often made a smaller version of an original project. It's a great way to preserve your work without it being overwhelming. Life is short, I will not devote time to working on something I am not passionate about. I've bagged started projects and they found a home with someone who was passionate about it. A win win situation.

Marilyn, I'm sorry that your grandmother's quilt was not cherished by your sister. Many have no concept of the time it takes to produce quilts, clothing etc... Sadly, women's work has been devalued in history, sold cheaply. Our history/herstory is woven via the needle and thread. I love to work with reproduction fabrics and take to heart the concept of "make do". I love piecing with all types of fabrics but my favourite is 19th century reproduction & depression era fabrics (feed sack). When I work with these types of fabrics, I feel a connection to our foremothers. I did a blog entry a few years ago on this, if anyone is interested:

https://www.carolesquiltingetc.com/2017/03/piecing-life-one-stitch-at-time.html

Funny, I just re-read the blog entry and I could actually change the date to 01/22/21 .... it's still true!

Bonnie, love your collection. When I find my perfect to me farmhouse, I'm getting an old red truck, just like the one in your cabinet! lol

Carole

Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2699 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2699 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2021 :  12:30:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, I love your handwork! I think there is something really peaceful and soothing about piecing by hand.
Marilyn, your quilt story is heartbreaking....I wish you would have gotten the quilt! You would still have it and it would be cherished. I made a quilt for my sister and her first husband for a wedding gift years ago. A couple of years ago I saw a picture that she had posted of her dog sleeping on it in the back seat of her pickup. I about cried. I know the marriage is no longer but the quilt is still nice!!! I mentioned that I recognized the quilt in the photo. She just replied that it was still going strong....ugh. People that don't do quilting, etc. just have no idea of the time and energy and love that goes into a project. Sad, sad.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1268 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1268 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2021 :  2:37:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn -- Someone, somewhere, is probably enjoying that quilt.

I no longer gift my quilts to anyone who has a dog after seeing one of my quilts, dirty and chewed up, being drug around a yard by a dog.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2021 :  3:45:31 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Marilyn -

Do you have any idea what star pattern the quilt was? Maybe you could make a small one with a similar pattern as a memory quilt?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2021 :  4:40:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, your quilting is always so pretty!! I am glad you are finding more time to enjoy doing your projects.

I finished my little cross-stitch projects and the rest of the time, I have been doing routine stuff all week.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9514 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9514 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2021 :  1:45:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, thats a very pretty pattern. Not working on anything at present. Babysitting the Ohio grands so mom and dad could get a break. Four under ten is a lot to handle but with two of us it has been going well.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  09:14:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm still plugging away on the English Paper Piecing Star quilt. The top is all stitched, working on the borders. I've been watching this neat series on steam trains called, Have Engine will Travel, while I stitch away. I love trains!

In between I got side tracked with Legos. I love Legos and being a space history buff, the Saturn V rocket has now been completely assembled. Pumpkin came up last weekend and we worked on it.

The little people by the lunar module are to scale. You really see the size of the rocket when you place the little astronauts by the Saturn V rocket. It's quite tall when you have all the pieces connected.

I have a few other Lego pieces that I've put together since, but I'll spare you! LOL

Catch you all later! Cheers!

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on Feb 13 2021 12:01:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6070 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6070 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  09:29:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Carol! that is really fantastic! I too love space,
So neat! Are you going to do a train too: I love trains too especially riding on them.
Very nice!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2021 :  3:52:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, this Lego space creation is totally awesome! It must take a long time to make each piece.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 Project Discussions: Previous Topic What we are working on 2021 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page