Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Learning Together: November-a quiet month
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Learning Together: November-a quiet month Next Topic
Page: of 3

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2020 :  7:00:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Judith,
I'm glad you could see him and chat. It's so good to have that interaction with family. We are social people by nature and need that personal interaction.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2020 :  11:30:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, it is nice to be able to safely chat with a friend outside. This has been such a difficult year separated from friends and family.

This month has been a real quiet one this year. Being home all the time and reordering activities has been both a challenge and a blessing. We have spent more time enjoying the birds in our back yard, reading good books, organizing and getting done some projects that needed doing. Like getting a new roof, new gutters to replace the broken ones, and plans for a big leaning tree to be taken down so it won't fall on our house some bad storm event. I have also been journaling in a booklet for what happens each month with our local flowers, trees, weather, moon phases, and migrating birds. It has been really fun and forced me to pay attention more to all the details of each month where I live. It has been fun and a good learning experience. My weather and tree badges that I worked on inspired me to keep going and broaden the lens to pay attention to the little details of this area of the Florida and watch the changes that happen very quietly. Seasonal change is slow and muted. If you want action and drama, you have to come down for a Hurricane@! LOL!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1275 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2020 :  7:53:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Actually, this whole year has seemed quiet. I have been finishing many UFOs in the sewing room and quite frankly have gotten a little tired of sewing so I signed up for online classes in a variety of subjects. Never too old to learn!
We haven't had a tree in years but decided to get one this year and decorate it with unbreakable ornaments and let the cats have at it. That should provide all of us with entertainment. We had about two weeks of fall before winter set in. The next 10 day predictions are 62 high and 32 low, no rain in sight. I had a nice long hike in the hills today, almost 4 miles. I am so happy with the improvement; the back and hips still hurt but at least I can now get around. It's taken me ten years to get to this point.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2020 :  07:22:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We too have spent much time getting household projects done. We are down to our last two major things. Painting our bedroom ceiling and putting some kind of something on the wall behind the woodstove. It has been just particle board sheets up there with screening over it since we took the fireplace out and put the woodstove there. It has been quite a few years now. Just don't get the time in the summer and when we have the time in winter we are using the stove and can't do it then. So we are going to do it after the painting and just not use the stove during the time we do the stone.
I am in a perpetual cleaning /decluttering phase it seems. The more we do the more I find to get rid of because I don't want to pack it up and move it. Our move is still in the works. Continuing the search for jobs in that area and of course we have to sell. We have a timetable but don't know if it will all work out to be there by the time we want so we just keep moving forward as we can. Isn't that all any of us can do? It's all in the timing.
We keep flipping between days of temps in the 60s and then a few in the 40s and back to 60s again. Today is rain all day so grabbing a hot cup of something and getting started.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Nov 30 2020 07:26:52 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Learning Together: November-a quiet month Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page