Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 November~2020 Make it a month of thankfulness.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic November~2020 Make it a month of thankfulness. Next Topic
Page: of 2

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2020 :  04:49:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Did everyone remember to turn their clocks back? I didn't realize it was time for that until late last night. I did not get an extra hour of sleep. Just woke at the same time and saw it was only 5 instead of 6.
This is a time of year that we tend to show our thankfulness for all our provisions. I started in mid spring filling out a peacefulness journal I found and purchased on Amazon. The next one I think I will just make myself. It helps me to see something everyday for which I can be grateful.

I am very thankful for this henhouse and al of you who are part of it.
I hope each of you have something everyday for which you can be thankful!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2020 :  09:14:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I know this doesn't ring true for those in the warmer states but I love the sentiments it conjures up in my mind.
Had to break down and we started a fire in the stove in the family room. The two back rooms and the pantry aren't heated except by the stove. Makes it cozy. We are having to stay in until JT's surgery so we have been busy doing some projects that need finished and today watching movies and catching up on some reading later.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Nov 01 2020 09:20:31 AM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

1275 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
1275 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2020 :  10:17:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Denise for reminding me about the cocks. We've been enjoying the glorious 80s in the daytime but it's cooling down to 40 at night. Perfect weather for me. I always try to hold out until November to turn on the heater. I am thankful for most everything in my life and I'm especially thankful that the election will be over in two days as I'm sick and tired of hearing all the political stuff; it makes me thankful for Netflix. ikik

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
FGOTM 6/21, 6/24
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6078 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6078 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2020 :  10:44:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am thankful God has given me a new day, the sun is shining and the sky is a beautiful blue!

It is cool though my heater is running.
Nd that I finally have a doctors appointment this Friday in Redding
That I have a great family with you my wonderful Farm sisters!

Love you all!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2020 :  12:13:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a lovely post, Denise! November is really one of those special months and a time to enjoy the last of the beautiful display of colors. Here in Florida, those deciduous trees that are still here will finally show their color by thanksgiving time. It becomes more evident as you move North to the border or West into the panhandle area close to the Fla./Ga border.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2020 :  4:58:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, so glad to hear you are finally moving forward with your appts.

Winnie, I know you don't get cooler weather till much later. We had oaks in our front yard when we lived in Brandon and it never seemed like a change until they would drop their lives. It was very different than what we were used to up here.

Judith, I remember thinking Hawaii always had the perfect weather. It seemed it was in the 80s year round there. We started married life celebrating holidays much differently from what we both grew up with in the northeast. For one thing we were wearing shorts on Christmas.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2706 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2706 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2020 :  5:45:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I can "smell" fall when I look at those cute pictures!
Darlene, hopefully not much longer for you to wait! You have been such a trooper!
I think a gratefulness journal would have been a great thing to have this past year. Even when things have been discouraging, it would still be good to think of what we have in our lives to be grateful for.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2020 :  8:25:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Probably 27 years ago I began to keep a gratitude journal. It was supposed to be two things I was grateful for each day...but usually I filled my page...sometimes more. When two little ones became the focus of my life...I began to sing and talk to God all throughout my days. The little ones did not care...but prayer became important to them as well.
I had the most calm, peaceful afternoon today!
like Judith I am ready to cast my vote for Good.(Trump!) I am so tired of the fake people. They have tried to make us believe that the clones or fakes are real...but I can tell. I laugh when a younger lady,with no wrinkles appears and they claim she is Nancy. Or a younger lady they try to pass off as HRC. The same for the men.
Google Mark Attwood! He wrote a poem. It is so good...

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2020 :  09:25:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The gratefulness journal has 3 things each day. I hope to keep at it. It gives me help to have a mind set of gratefulness.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2020 :  3:55:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today I am grateful that even as sporadic as I get on here right now, you dear friends are still here, welcoming me back. Love you all <3

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2020 :  4:38:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We miss you Shannon. But I realize how busy you are with your award winning family. God bless you all.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2020 :  09:27:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So good to hear from you Shannon!! Take care and have a lovely Thanksgiving and Christmas!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2020 :  04:16:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are having some beautiful fall days,in the 60s all week. Gorgeous foggy mornings. I love that!

Shannon, so glad to see you. I hope you can pop in more often soon.

Went to brunch yesterday at Andrea' s house. Our other friend,Nancy, is staying with her mom and sister until they find some in home care for them. Andrea's sister has really gone down hill since I saw her and I think the trauma of Andrea passing has made her worse. She has Alzheimer's. She was struggling with what she was trying to say. When I first saw her she just hugged me and didn't want to let go. I think she was happy to see a face she recognized. She was sad and crying too and she has been that way Nancy said. It was good to go and I think we all needed it. It wasn't the cry fest my daughter was afraid it would be. Andrea wouldn't have wanted us to be that way. She would have wanted us to celebrate her life and our friendship.

Today we are finishing up some projects around and hopefully we won't get sidetracked so we can get things finished. Then I need to do a major cleaning and get a couple of our rooms back to normal. The projects always seem to be slow going.
We are still going in the direction of moving. It seems there is lots to do as we think about and get done before then also.
Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful season!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Nov 07 2020 04:25:24 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2020 :  04:55:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

It seems to have gotten quiet here in the hen house. I have to think everyone is busy enjoying some quiet. Or getting to work on their Christmas things. I have seen where many have started decorating for Christmas. It has gotten chilly here. We had it around 30 this morning. It is toasty warm in the house though. I am going to start decorating right after Thanksgiving this year. I thought since it has been such a topsy turvy year that it wouldn't make any difference.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Nov 17 2020 05:01:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2020 :  04:38:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2020 :  9:20:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This makes me think of Thanksgiving. I don't decorate for Christmas until after it's over. Since family won't be here, I'm just glad that all are healthy.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2020 :  05:09:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonnie, I have the Gooseberry Patch picture on my computer background. Cute little chippys!

Today I am thankful JT's finger looks good and healed. He is going to his follow up this morning. I couldn't believe he took the stitches out on Sunday and I didn't see it till this morning. I told him it's a good thing it looks good. Not sure what the Dr. will say, but what can he say?

Also thankful for the leaves that remain on the trees. Makes fall last a bit longer. There are still rosebuds coming on the bush and I hate to trim it back until they are done. Sometimes that can be January. I noticed yesterday that my Christmas cactus has some little buds. Will probably bloom just after Thanksgiving.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2020 :  03:43:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All went well at the doctor. The nurse asked him if he took out the stitches and just said he did a good job. The doctor didn't say anything about them. He told JT he has no restrictions. It really has healed well.

Very chilly this morning. Supposed to warm up again after the weekend.

Working on home maintenance every weekend it seems. There is a never ending to do list.

Took the turkey out of the freezer and into the fridge. Couldn't find one under 20 lbs. Will be pulling out recipes for leftovers. What is everyone making this year?

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Nov 21 2020 :  05:36:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I am very happy to hear that JT has healed up well and moving on. Surgery and recovery can always have little twists and turns, but it is wonderful when all those hard days melt into much better ones. Healing always takes more time than we realize and it makes recovery seem like such a struggle. Sometimes it is truly that way, but also it can just be that there are competing factors in our regular health that slow things down. As we age, we can have a slower recovery too.

Bonnie, these little photos you sent are so sweet. I especially love the one of the table outside in the yard. It looks so welcoming and simple.

We have had a wonderful cooler and drier week and I enjoyed the change very much! It is warming back up some for another week but it doesn’t look like a return of August weather. This weekend and early next week, the Christmas trees will be arriving and when they have to stay out in summer like weather, they brown faster and shed needles. The past few years, my tree has done that before Christmas Day. They are already cut 2-3 weeks by the time they arrive and then the summer like conditions we can have sometimes in December just ruins them.
We shall see what happens this year. Christmas plans are very tentative at this moment due to the pandemic. Our state is blowing up again in rapid rising of positive cases. I have a little tree that stays up all year round, so if we end up with a Zoom Christmas , I might forgo a real tree and just decorate my little one.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 27 2020 :  04:07:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was a balmy 68 degrees for us yesterday. Hope everyone found a special way to mark the day. Ours was pretty much as it usually is. I played games with the boys after dinner. They are big on board games. We ate too much pie, but enjoyed our time together.
I will be putting fall things away today as I prepare for Christmas. Time to turn on the Christmas music and get things done.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2020 :  04:21:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems November has flown by. We wait so long for fall weather and by the time it arrives time seems to move so quickly and we are thinking of winter and Christmas already. I haven't put out anything Christmas yet. I put fall away yesterday. We do our projects on the weekends so I work the decorating during the week.
When does everyone start their Christmas decorating?

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2020 :  11:18:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Fall is slipping away much too soon for me!! Half of November was like summer again so in both Oct and Nov we had only a handful of cool days and were able to not run the AC. A big front is moving through tonight and tomorrow and really chilling down the area. Tuesday night might see temps drop below 30 degree! Who knew?? I refuse to take down my fall decor until December arrives. However, the neighborhood and city are in full gear getting yards all decked out, trees flying out of tree lots, and decorated trees taking their place in front windows. Christmas this year for us is going to be iffy. Right now with the virus back to record levels here in Florida, it seems unlikely that our daughter, from NC and our friend from western Fla. all come down like we regularly do. Unless a miracle happens, it would be too risky for all of us to gather. So, with that being said, I am not sure I will do much decorating. We will most likely get a tree, but that is about it. I am planning lots of mailing of boxes early this year since the USPS has been slow to begin with and Christmas is always so packed with business.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2020 :  10:57:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone,

I realize that I have been MIA. With everything going on I am having a bit of difficulties staying focused. Work has been extremely busy with 60 hour work weeks. Needless to say, I'm exhausted. It should quiet down soon.

I still have not gone to see my family in Montreal. In all honesty, I just don't have the energy to deal with the border. I know that they are doing their job, but as I mentioned with everything going on I just don't want one more thing to deal with. I do have this Saturday off and was planning on going up to celebrate my mother's birthday. I'll see how I feel on Saturday. I do need to get my snow tires. I am so looking forward when this is all over and we have some form of normalcy.

I did take the time to decorate my place a bit this Sunday. I do love the holiday season. I will admit, it did help in changing my mood. I have my Seuss Spruce up and did a bit of update on the bookshelf.

I do love my Seuss Spruce. It makes me smile every time I look at it. Perhaps I ought to leave it up all year long! lol

That's pretty much it for me .... Catch you all later.

Hugs,

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2020 :  12:02:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carole, and it is so good to hear from you!! Wow, 60 hour weeks are tough. It makes me weary just thinking about it. I am glad you had time to pull out a few Christmas things that made you happy. Your Dr. Seuss tree is a hoot! I have never seen one before. There is just something special about the presence of a Christmas tree with lights and favorite ornaments on it. When the time is right, I hope you have an easy time crossing the border to visit your mom and family. Things are just hard with the pandemic and at times impossible to deal with. Take care and I hope you have some quiet time soon to catch up on rest and renewal.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

mbenton16
True Blue Farmgirl

190 Posts

Maryellen
Denver North Carolina
USA
190 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2020 :  12:20:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving! I too have been missing my Farmgirl friends. No matter what goes on it's nice to know my Farmgirl friends are always there. Winnie it has been like Summer here in North Carolina almost the entire month. Today is the first cold day. Carole wow a 60 hour work week. I can't imagine. I bet dealing with the border is a mess. I didn't even think you would be allowed to go in, thought borders were closed. Love your tree and decor! Maryellen

Maryellen Benton
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2020 :  5:51:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This about says it all.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Project Discussions: Previous Topic November~2020 Make it a month of thankfulness. Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page