Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Bee swap partners posted. Happy swapping!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Bee swap partners posted. Happy swapping! Next Topic
Page: of 2

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2019 :  10:43:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie after looking closely at the post card...was that a car with side curtains?? My uncle bought a place South West of Lubbock, Texas. He went out on the train, in the box car he rented for his adventure. His wife left Ireland, Texas the day after Christmas with three small kids and the nursing baby. She drove out to their new home in a car with side curtains.
So is that your mama in the picture? Did she go alone?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2019 :  10:49:04 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sherry -

Your package is ready to be packed. It is at the post office waiting for pickup. I had fun putting this together for you. It says you will get it on Saturday.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017

Edited by - quiltee on Jul 18 2019 2:38:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2019 :  11:34:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, oh my gosh, I am so sad that my box got terrorized in the USPS process and I hope everything dries out and isn't ruined!! The postcard I used was made from an old black and white photo in a memory book made by my mother years ago. In 1928, my mother and her parents(my grandparents) went to Florida for the Winter months because it had always been a dream of my Grandma and they managed to save enough money to make it happen. The Car was a Buick, but I don not think there were any curtains. This old car was still on my grandparent's farm when I was a child and we used to go down to the barn and play inside of it. The windows would crank up and down and they must have been down for this photo. There was a rope net, that you can see along the side, to hold their suitcases. Mom was standing up on the car while Grandpa changed a tire on the other side. They traveled from Norwood , Indiana down to Florida in this car and settled in St. Cloud, Florida in a tiny Florida cracker rental house. Mom was enrolled in the school there and they traveled about on weekends and school holidays. May 1, they headed back to Indiana where they settled on a small farm in Sunman, Indiana and lived and worked there until their health failed and they moved in with us in the fall of 1958. This trip to Florida was the biggest event they ever did as they were relatively poor and basically homesteaded on their farm. I fondly remember this old farm because it did not have any running water, so we had to haul water from the outside well several times a day. There was also no indoor plumbing and I remember the two seater outhouse which I loved because it was so different!! Grandma cooked on an old black wood stove and they had an old icebox and we had to go up to the little grocer about every 4-5 days and get a new big block of ice. What is really cool about their car trip down to St. Cloud, Fl. is that they drove down a road named 441 through the Paynes Prairie. They stopped along that road and mom took a photo of the prairie. The road 441 still exists today and goes right through Paynes Prairie. The photo mom took in 1928 looks just like the Prairie looks today!!!n Who knew that, fast forward through time, I would move to Gainesville, Floria and drive through Paynes Prairie on 441 many many times!! I love this connection with my Mom's life!!

Marilyn, I am glad you enjoyed your Bee Box despite it's state of arrival!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015

Edited by - Red Tractor Girl on Jul 18 2019 11:37:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1269 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1269 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2019 :  12:48:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Linda, still working on yours. Will try to get it in the mail tomorrow

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6078 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6078 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2019 :  2:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did it get rained on? or in a flood?

Wow!
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2019 :  2:07:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was terrorized for sure! I told the lady it looked like it had been run over or stepped on, by an elephant! Ha. The contents are great and the puzzle book will eventually dry!
Your mom and her parents had a marvelous adventure for sure. My grandma never learned to drive, lived much as yours did. By the time I was ten, she was having bathroom fixtures put in but we still
Walked down the path to the outhouse.It was fun to sit and look at the hiney wipes while waiting for your body to work.thankfully she saved a few of those old catalogues. History!
The kids at school, during my last sub job taught me to use a highlighter to do word finds! Wow! So much simpler. Thanks Winnie, God bless you.
Your package should arrive Saturday.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2019 :  2:41:08 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know how postal workers get things wet or damaged like that, but I got one like that a couple years ago. Maybe that is one of their courses? LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2019 :  10:44:00 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I received my box from Sherry yesterday. I love all the goodies she sent - she spoiled me well.

bee and honeycomb washi tape,

In the box was bee and honeycomb washi tape, honey spoons, honey straws, a wire hanger with bees on top, some bee notecards, some Bit-o-Honey candy (which I LOVE!), a flour sack towel with bees surrounding a beehive, a box of Burt's Bees Tips and Toes Kit, some spring napkins, 3 tag-shaped bee-themed cards, and a book I can't wait to read called The Beekeeper's Ball, by Susan Wiggs.

Thank you SO much, Sherry. I hope your box arrived Saturday like it should have.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2019 :  10:59:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds like a fun box Linda. Enjoy!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2019 :  03:09:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, you should have your box by now.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2019 :  07:28:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, thank you for all the lovely bee goodies! I have a small collection of honey pot bee hives. This is perfect to add to that. Love the cup and socks! So cute. The sign goes great with my prim decor and the soaps and candle, did you make them? Can't wait to try it out. Thanks again for being my partner and I hope you got your box by now.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2019 :  07:37:07 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sherry - Your box should have arrived last Saturday. Did you get it?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2019 :  08:31:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was a nice box Denise. Cute things. And like your new cup says, you are our Queen Bee!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2019 :  10:01:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am finally home from our week in Canada and what a wonderful surprise awaited me!! Marilyn crafter this amazing Bee "Junk Journal" that is just the cutest ever!!

Inside the pages are full of little surprises like tea bags, handcrafted tags, special notes & cards she made, vintage buttons, and plenty of room on the pages to also make comments or special notes. This booklet is an amazing treasure journey through it's pages that is so much fun!! Marily, you really created a piece of Farmgirl art!!! I have had fun going through every beautiful page!

In addition, Marilyn made a darling burlap pincushion, wooden apple magnet, and included this cute drawing she made that would be fun to color. There is also a large apple on a page that could be colored, but I am thinking of using it for a pattern and make a small wall hanging for my "Log Cabin".

Thank-you again, Marilyn for making me this one of a kind journal. It was perfect for our Bee Swap and so much more!!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2019 :  2:38:15 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
WOW! Marilyn. You have a knack for creating beautiful, unusual things. I love the look of that junk journal. It is nicer than any I've ever seen on Pinterest.

This has been a nice swap for everyone.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1269 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1269 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2019 :  3:39:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Linda, Yes I received my goodie box Thank you so much for all the goodies. I will get a picture on here soon been a crazy week.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2019 :  6:39:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, I hope you had a nice cool trip.
Thank you for your kind words about the junk journal that I made just for you.
It was fun, but I always over stuff them.
Enjoy.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2019 :  6:40:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Linda for your kind words too!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2019 :  7:24:19 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sherry - I hope you like everything. I forgot to take a picture before I sent the box, or I'd post it here.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Bee swap partners posted. Happy swapping! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page