Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - May 15 2019 :  10:58:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everybody!! We are back from our trip and I am still tired and trying to get back on our time schedule and finish up a mountain of laundry. Italy was beautiful and we got to see many lovely places and enjoy great food! The Italians make pasta taste so much better than what I can cook or get in a restaurant. They have a long tradition of cooking and perfecting those classic dishes. Warren took a ton of photos and is trying to cull them now and figure out what to keep.

Happy belated Jubilee and Mother's Day too to everyone! I hope you all had nice celebrations. I can hardly believe that we are half way finished in the month of May and Summer is officially here in Florida. It has been in the upper 80s to 90 the past few days and next week is supposed to go into the mid-90s. Whew! It all came so fast down here.

I have been reading over the comments here and lots has been happening in our little MJF community. One of the things I look forward to when traveling is getting home and settling back into my regular life which includes all the fun and friendships we have here. It is extraordinary!

Well, I am off to get some emails answered and laundry out to hang on the line. It is good to be "back at the Farm"!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - May 15 2019 :  11:23:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie,
So nice to have you back!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 15 2019 :  12:37:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, we are happy that you are home, and that you enjoyed your vacation.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6074 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6074 Posts

Posted - May 15 2019 :  3:52:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie I am glad you made it home safe! Well enjoy your Summer!
We have some rain today!

Hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 15 2019 :  5:42:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, that is good that you had some rain today, right?
I need to give one plant a drink. God had been such a good waterer, I forget that sometimes I need to help him out.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 15 2019 :  5:44:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least you did not head to your garden and find it covered in snow, along with everything else. That happened to a lady in southeastern Wyoming this morning.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - May 16 2019 :  04:44:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome back Winnie. So happy you had a good time.

Soon as I get off my laptop I'm going to get me some porch time on the side porch.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - May 16 2019 :  09:04:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After a quiet visit to my sideporch my morning has been busy. Swept front porch and sidewalk to it. Cut back irises that were hanging over sidewalk. Did a load of laundry and put up groceries when they were delivered. Will prep the Swiss chard after I rest a little.

The young woman who delivered my groceries is fairly new to home delivery. She also works at Kroger's and takes care of her grandmother. Home delivery is a great part time job for those who don't make enough or get enough hours on their jobs or are in college. And for me it's great - love having my groceries put on my kitchen counter. Last week I ordered a case of 24 16oz spring drinking water and two 1-gal jugs of spring water for canning. To not have to lug them into the house is well worth the tip I give.

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 16 2019 :  12:18:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, every Saturday, when we go to get our groceries, dog and cat food and chicken feed...I think about you. My husband thinks we need to go shopping. Big woo! He gets so tired he often heads for The car as soon as he sees that I am in line. I have told him many times that it is much nicer to shop at 7 am, or on Tuesday morning. But he likes to see his friends, who shop on Saturday mornings.He and Hadlee are always through long before I am. One Saturday I gave them half of the list...one Saturday I gave them the produce list. They must run!!! They always finish before me. Someday............

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - May 17 2019 :  09:39:55 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ed and I just got back yesterday from 3 days at Cooper Lake State Park in our motorhome with my twin grandsons. We used timeshare points and my son and DIL went to New Orleans for 3 days.

On Sunday we leave for 5 days/4 nights in New Orleans (2 different timeshares) - hopefully we will have good weather. Then a week later, June 1-8 we will be in Fairfield Bay, AR at a timeshare and then June 8-12 we will be in Grand Lake, OK at another timeshare. We are trying to use Ed's timeshare points before the en of June. LOL! Then the 21-22 of June, I think, we will be in the motorhome at Fandangle in Ft. Griffin in Albany, TX - we've read that the entire town takes part in a production celebrating Texas history. Should be fun.

Marilyn - have you ever seen the Fandangle production? Since it is about 88 miles from you, I just wondered.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6074 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6074 Posts

Posted - May 17 2019 :  11:18:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sound like you are in for a great time Linda!
Enjoy!

Hugs Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - May 18 2019 :  07:16:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda you are one busy traveler. Enjoy every mile and minute of your trips.

Yesterday Bobbie grilled steaks for lunch for Betty, her daughter Rebecca and myself. Rebecca made fresh green beans, kale, sliced mushroom, and onions sautéed in EVOO, garlic salt, black pepper, and apple cider vinegar. It was so good. I'll be making it. I made Cole slaw with Kraft Cole slaw dressing.

Betty is giving half of her chickens to her granddaughter. She is deciding which ones to keep. As of now she has around 40 chickens. She's downsizing what she has to take of.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - May 18 2019 :  10:30:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're making me hungry Sara. Lol

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 18 2019 :  11:13:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I said to Linda, "No, I have never been to Fandangle at Albany Texas." Where did it go? ??

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 21 2019 :  11:41:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yesterday I tried to feed some of my plants, but more blessing rain fell from 4am until nine so it may not be very available to the roots. I repotted two aloe vera and nine pups. I ground up a banana... peel and all, mixed it with water...let it set for six hours... and fed each aloe. Of course the gentle rain caused it to soak into the soil. Problem was I left them in my wagon, so that horrid wind would not blow them away and they were sitting in water when I was out at 7 ish this morning so I rescued them.
That wind yesterday was so strong and loud. I could not listen to anything while I was working because the noise drowned out the voices.I
This morning early, again I was in awe...the rain, very light dripping from trees and grapevines, New rose blossums, and my first zinnia!!! God is so good.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6074 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6074 Posts

Posted - May 21 2019 :  12:27:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and are you talking about animal pups? or flowers? you feed them banana?

Sounds pretty Marilyn!

Sarah that sounds yummy! Have a good day!
that is a lot of chickens!

Linda keep safe traveling out there!

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3520 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3520 Posts

Posted - May 21 2019 :  12:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gosh, Linda, you will be having an interesting and busy Summer traveling about. Enjoy every stop planned! We were in Baltimore this past weekend visiting some friends Warren grew up with. Both of these friends have had major health problems this year and it has aged them significantly. While their ability to do a lot has greatly diminished, Warren has been friends with them since age 5 and it is important to take advantage of them all being together.

Right now, I am happy to have no travel plans at the moment. I barely got over the Italy trip before we were back on the plane headed to Baltimore. It takes me more time these days to get my system adjusted to jet lag and big time changes. Now I am frantically trying to catch up on things at my desk, bills, etc. etc. I always miss being able to come here often and keep connected!!

Brother, we came home this Sunday to full blown SUMMER!!! Geeze, it is in the mid 90s, no rain in sight, and a forecast to reach 100 through the weekend into next week. We are literally burning up!~!! However, I have plenty to keep me occupied and I am looking forward to some handwork projects and reading that I really want to get too.

Those of you who keep getting in the cross hairs of Tornado threats, I hope they pass by and also don't materialize for anybody. Poor Oklahoma has been battered the past 48 hours!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - May 21 2019 :  5:33:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie it's hot and humid here also!!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - May 21 2019 :  5:35:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fun trips Linda!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 21 2019 :  8:37:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The little aloe Vera plants that come up around the main plant are called pups. Yes I saw a man from India, he used a blender(of sorts) and made a fertilizer. He cut two banana peels into smaller pieces so His device could grind them up. Then he added water stirred and poured the slurry into a bowl. After six hours he fertilized his aloe Vera plants. He does it twice a year. I have always tossed banana peels at the base of my roses, now I can make the nutrients more quickly available to them too!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6074 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6074 Posts

Posted - May 22 2019 :  12:16:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a good trip Linda!

Oh I didn’t know that Marilyn, I have an aloe Vera plant a teacher gave to me years ago, it has been in the same place for years

Thanks

Hugs
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 22 2019 :  02:19:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So yours is probably big. With lots of pups! Do you use yours, for burns, cuts, to eat?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - May 22 2019 :  03:46:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn I have used aloe Vera and essential rosemary oil together to make a healing salve. I used it within a few days. Any essential oil would work I just happened to have the rosemary oil on hand.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - May 22 2019 :  06:15:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like everyone is keeping busy this time of year. I have been doing some things around the house and it's been keeping me busy. The animals always do. We had a house full over the weekend so I am cleaning up. Jbear and 4 of his friends came down on Friday to spend the weekend

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 22 2019 :  07:34:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara rosemary is very good. We must buy a rosemary plant because ours died.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Project Discussions: Previous Topic May is for flowers 2019 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page