TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 06 2019 :  5:10:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I was 23 we moved to our very first place in the country, and drilled a well. My bath tub was orange inside, I cleaned it with toilet bowl cleaner. The casing, all 300+ feet of it was steel, rusty steel pipe. When we built a new home three years later I put two string filters on The water line, so as not to ruin my new things, because my avocado green Maytag washer was badly stained inside. Then we sold the home and moved to the boonies.We drilled a new well with pvc casing and beautiful water! Then We moved again, twice, then we came here. We are in the upper Trinity, so the water is good but some of the pipes are a mix of pvc and ???. So I'm sure that is the problem. My shower liner always looks grungy on the bottom. Right now my focus is to get this house paid off, by years end. Then to hire someone to come and clean, then to return and clean every other week. This RA is eating my lunch! Today I tried to organize one side of the pantry cabinets. I know I did this about six months ago... Why does it get so messed up???

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 06 2019 :  5:14:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, you are so right, it could also be the minerals in the water. I could put a water softener in but don't want salt anywhere near my water.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on May 06 2019 5:14:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - May 06 2019 :  5:34:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn,
We don't drink or cook with the well water directly. We have an RO unit it goes through first. Purest water you can get so no salt in that water. However, that is only under the sink so salt does get through. It is a cleaner of sorts so the tub and all stays cleaner longer.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 06 2019 :  5:41:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reverse osmosis, yes that is a great idea. Something else to check into. Thanks Denise.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - May 08 2019 :  11:54:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
May is for flowers and our anniversary! Today started out sunny. It is our anniversary and I was hoping to have a nice picnic when we have supper but since the weather is not cooperating we will dine in the house instead. Spent all morning preparing things so I won't have a lot to do. Usually we go out but I thought it might be nice stay in and have a nice dinner (steaks) not something we have on a regular basis. I even set out the pretty dishes, tablecloth and candles. Wondering why we don't do this more often. Maybe if it clears up we can have our coffee and dessert on the porch. Hope everyone is having a great day. It is also my oldest brother's birthday.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 08 2019 :  2:01:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How many years have you been married, Denise? Sounds like you have it fixed really pretty!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6074 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6074 Posts

Posted - May 08 2019 :  4:50:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Denise that sounds like a lovely celebration!
Happy Anniversary!!

Blessings!

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - May 08 2019 :  4:59:45 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hope you enjoyed your dinner! Happy anniversary.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - May 08 2019 :  6:52:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks girls!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2703 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2703 Posts

Posted - May 08 2019 :  7:01:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That sounds like a lovely evening, Denise! I'd much rather stay home anymore than go out.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - May 08 2019 :  7:09:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me too Debbie. It was nice, we rented a movie to watch after dinner.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - May 11 2019 :  5:41:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Anniversary! Denise! And Happy Mother's Day henhouse!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - May 11 2019 :  5:48:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Connie!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 11 2019 :  7:38:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Mothers day everyone! I enjoy you all so much!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - May 12 2019 :  3:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pops took us out to lunch at Farm Burger today for Mother's Day! It's grass fed beef. so good. It's long way from where we live, so its a treat! It's in the old Sears Crosstown Tower in Memphis. It closed in 1989. They tuned it into offices, a gym, St Jude Childrens hospital has its fund raising office there, apartments and stores and eating places. It's neat. They found this Rolladex in the office and put it on display in the lobby. For any of ya'll who ever worked in an office and used a Rolladex, (I did) you will love this one!! LOL! The letter says they are closing in 1989, to contact Chicago, Illinois for information. I have so many memories of going there as a kid. it was a catalog distribution center and a retail store on the first 2 floors. I can still smell the popcorn popping at the candy counter. we went there to see Santa Claus!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 12 2019 :  4:34:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, what a treat! Did Holly and Lily June go too?
1989, seems so long ago now, and get it was only 30 years ago. My son had not married yet...I guess he was 25 turning 26. I believe that is when he told me I could not be 29 any longer... Because he was moving closer to 29 himself. Hey it worked for a long time!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - May 12 2019 :  5:15:08 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
LOL! Marilyn, my mother was 29-1/2 until I turned 25.

Love that Rolodex, Connie.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 12 2019 :  5:56:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess mine came about because every time the phone rang, someone asked to speak to the lady of the house, or my mother...When I said that I was the lady of the house and the mom, their response was I sounded like I was 12! Everyone thought my sister who was two years younger, was the eldest. I was super thin back then and when I was 19, I was told I looked like I was 12 maybe 13, and there was no way I was married. When I took my 11 day old son to see the doctor who delivered him, The doctor looked me up and down and said I was not the mother of the baby he delivered. It went on and on.
So when asked for my age I would say 29( once I reached 29)...until he was about to be 26. Then you could see people trying to do the mental math!!! It was funny then but not in the beginning.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - May 12 2019 :  6:00:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn that's funny. Holly and lily June went too. I said I was 29 as long as I could get away with it! Till I was 35. Maybe#
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - May 12 2019 :  7:19:22 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That was a great story, Marilyn. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6074 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6074 Posts

Posted - May 12 2019 :  8:04:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That was funny Marilyn!I enjoyed that.
That was neat Connie,
Linda, what made your mom decide to change her mind, LOL

Thanks for laughs.

love you all!

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - May 14 2019 :  06:43:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn, My daughter used to get that a lot. She was 26 when she married and people thought she looked too young. My children always thought I looked younger. Their husbands say it's a good thing for them to see their wive's mom look young. My mom did too though so I guess it's in the genes. I don't feel like I look young anymore though.

This morning for some reason I was figuring out long it had been since JT and I had graduated and I told him once I figured it out, I wasn't going to do that again! LOL

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - May 14 2019 :  08:37:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise you made me laugh!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9522 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9522 Posts

Posted - May 15 2019 :  04:29:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn , I'm moving your post so everyone can see it. Marilyn wrote:
"What a day! I packed the guys lunches...forgot to put water bottles in my son's lunch box. It did not occur to me until about lunch time. I made a town run, eggs to the beauty shop, post office to pick up a package, mail some and buy stamps, then to the water shop. Home again, I went to water horses about 12:15pm. My simple job became exhausting when I decided to roll up those did giant hay totes. I came back to our barn for bag twine, a sandwich and to pee. At 2;30 I was finally finished, took photos and sent to my son. I had to rest but that became a nap. At four I moved the baby chicks to a wire dog crate in our barn.Got food and water for them. Then I unloaded the water, and pulled my wagon to the house. I was scared, when I turned around and there was a big black snake about four feet long. I called Bear, but he just laid down on the cool earth. The snake disappeared. I called my husband, he said it may have been a chicken snake.
At 5:30pm, phase two began. I moved the three older hens...which of course upset the pullets. Then my husband netted his young roosters and moved them to the biggest pen. Of course two of them immediately left so he had to fix that spot.We had put bird netting over the four by four panels, because we knew they would fly out. We have two little hens sitting together in one next box, due to hatch Thursday, and I was afraid the Roosters would kill the tiny baby chicks.
When the two little Roosters were free, one of the Tom cats was sitting right there watching over them. I was surprised that the cat did not bother them. Finally we got them in. Then we were hungry so I had to cook. At eight pm it is too late to drive to town to get supper. Showers and laundry and time on the heating pad.Now I'm off to bed! Good night!"

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on May 15 2019 04:29:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - May 15 2019 :  06:05:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whew! Marilyn I'm worn out just reading about your day.

Yesterday Bobbie and I went to Kelly's and I bought 6 more creeping rosemary plants to put in beds on either side of sidewalk to front porch. That makes 12 creeping rosemary plants along sidewalk and 2 in pots. You can tell how much I like this plant.

Also bought a Mexican petunia hanging basket. I took the plastic hangy-thingy off and put the basket on little wrought iron chair that sits at end of carport (sideporch). I wanted something colorful to look at when sitting out there. Extra bonus is when I am sitting in my rocker in living room I can see it out the side window. I love vistas.

At the Salvation Army I found a bib apron for $2.50. Different colored cupcakes on white background with turquoise dot fabric ruffle and trim.

At noon we met Betty and her daughter from Oregon for lunch at Mexican restaurant. Her oldest daughter was there with her husband on their Tues lunch date. They were in another room but came to our table to say hello. Betty is doing good and having Rebecca with her for a couple of weeks is helping.

I prepped the beds this morning and will put the plants in during the day. I can only bend over for a short time. Other than ordering my groceries to be delivered tomorrow that's all I have on my To-Do list - unless I do a little piddling.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Project Discussions: Previous Topic May is for flowers 2019 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page