hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2019 :  2:29:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I must admit... I am still not a huge fan of the chillover powder... I may need to just try it with jams... but in any case, here are the recipes I came up with...

ChillOver Rhubarb Jam

4 Cups Crushed/Diced Rhubarb
2 Cups Sugar
2 teaspoons ChillOver Powder

Combine the crushed rhubarb and sugar in a large saucepan. Bring it to a boil, stirring in the sugar until dissolved. Sprinkle while stirring the ChillOver Powder into it, and keep at a rolling boil for 3 minutes (keep stirring!). Remove from heat, and put in jars. You can can it, put it in freezer, or fridge. It only makes a couple jars.

Elderberry Jiggles

4 Cups Elderberry Juice (I use dried elderberries and cook with water to extract the juice)
2 teaspoons ChillOver Powder

Bring the juice to a boil in a large saucepan. Sprinkle while stirring the ChillOver Powder into it, and keep at a rolling boil for 3 minutes (keep stirring!). Remove from heat and pour the liquid into a jellyroll pan. Place it in the fridge and chill until firm (took about 45 minutes). Cut into desired shape (I cut it into small diamonds).

Apple Goodness

4 C apple cider
1 C sugar
2 teaspoon ChillOver Powder
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1.5 C old fashioned rolled oats
1 C golden raisins

Blend half the apple cider and all the sugar. Bring to a boil, and then sprinkle while stirring the ChillOver Powder into it, and keep at a rolling boil for 3 minutes (keep stirring!). Remove from the heat, and add the rest of the ingredients. Spoon it into 8 dessert dishes and let set in the fridge. Enjoy.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2019 :  11:18:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Shannon!
I've finished my ChillOver recipes and have been needing to post them, as well. Like you, I am still not a chillover fan....

Strawberry Bavarian ChillOver

1 packet ChillOver Powder
1 10 oz. package frozen sweetened strawberries, drained, reserving juice...adding enough water to make 1 cup liquid
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 cup whipping cream

In a medium saucepan, whisk together ChillOver powder and reserved strawberry juice/water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook on medium high for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Add almond extract and reserved strawberries.
Beat whipping cream in a bowl and add a little vanilla and 1/4 cup powdered sugar. Beat until stiff peaks. Gently fold in cooled strawberry mixture. Chill until ready to serve.

Brown Sugar Peach Parfait

1 packet ChillOver powder
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar
pinch of salt

In a medium size saucepan, whisk together ChillOver Powder, water, sugar and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook on medium high heat for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and add 1/2 tsp. almond extract. Fold in 3/4 cup diced fresh peaches.
Whip 1 cup whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Add vanilla extract to taste and 1/4 cup powdered sugar while beating. Fold in peach mixture. Layer in serving glasses with crushed shortbread cookies and chill until serving time.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2019 :  11:23:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The recipe I created for my INT level for this badge is below....I was trying to recreate a salad recipe that I have that uses vanilla pudding, tapioca pudding, orange jello, mandarin oranges and cool whip.

Tropical Orange ChillOver

1 packet ChillOver Powder
1 small can mandarin oranges, drained...reserve juice and add water to make 1/2 liquid
1/2 cup sugar

Combine in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and continue cooking for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Fold in reserved orange sections.
Stir orange mixture into 2 cups softened orange sherbet. Chill until serving time.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic ChillOver recipes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page