hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2019 :  3:39:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure I mailed out my Bakeover recipes way back when we did our swap, but I never applied for my badge, so I am writing them out for everyone on here :)

Chicken Pot Pie Bakeover

In two bakeover pans cook the following, dividing ingredients between the two pans... Cook diced onion, 1 cup sliced mushrooms, 3/4 C chopped celery, 1/2 cup diced carrots, clove of garlic, and a chopped red pepper in 2T butter, until tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add 1/3 C all purpose flour, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, and dried thyme (seasoning to taste). Cook, stirring, for another couple minutes or until flour slightly browns. Add 1 3/4 C chicken broth and 1C half and half (or whole milk, be it cow or goat). Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add in cooked and shredded chicken (we cook a whole chicken, debone it and shred it), and 1 C peas. Then in a bowl make the MJF pie crust. Divide it between the two pans covering the ingredients and bake until browned, per instructions (we use the GF pie crust recipe).

Veggie Bakeover, topped with Poached Eggs & Hollandaise Sauce

Saute a mixture of vegetables (we used peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, onions, and garlic). Cover with canned biscuits. Make per directions. Once cooked, pull out, flip, and top with poached eggs and hollandaise sauce.

Peach Bakeover

Between two bakeover pans, divide three quarts of peach pie filling. Heat up until bubbly. In a bowl, make MJF pie crust. Divide and cover the two pans with the pie crust. Bake per instructions.

Taco Cheese Pasta Bakeover

In each bakeover pan, brown a pound of ground beef. Meanwhile, make 8-9 servings of macaroni and cheese. Once meat is browned, add a packet of taco seasoning. Then split the macaroni and cheese between the two pans. Stir in 1.5 cups of frozen corn, per pan. in a separate bowl, mix ingredients for Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread. Divide over bakeover pans and bake per instructions.

Southwest Beef Bakeover

Ingredients:

• 1 beef chuck shoulder pot roast or bottom round rump roast, boneless, 3 to 3-1/2 pounds
• 1 medium onion, quartered
• 3 cloves garlic, peeled
• 3/4 cup water
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• 1 cup sweet corn, frozen, thawed
• 1 cup chopped tomatoes
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
• 1 quart salsa, divided

Cut roast into 4 even pieces. Place onion and garlic in a 4-1/2- to 5-1/2-quart slow cooker, and top with the roast. Add water, salt and pepper. Cover and cook until beef is fork-tender – 5 to 5-1/2 hours on high, or 9 to 9-1/2 hours on low. Remove and cool roast slightly. Shred meat and divide between two bakeover pans. To each pan, add two cups of salsa. In a separate bowl, make biscuit mix. Divide over the two bakeover pans and bake per directions. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the corn, tomatoes, cilantro and 1/4 cup salsa. Once you flip the bakeover, add the salsa on top and enjoy.

Machaca Bakeover

3 lbs. boneless shoulder beef chuck roast
salt for seasoning
pepper for seasoning
4 tbsps bacon drippings or vegetable oil
1 cup beef stock
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup water (if using pressure cooker)
3 small tomatoes, diced
1/2 cup (2 large) roasted green chiles, peeled, seeded, and diced
1 tbsp fresh lime juice

Season the beef on all sides with salt and pepper. Heat 2 tablespoons of the fat over high heat in large pot. Sear the meat on all sides until browned. Reduce the heat to low and pour the beef stock over the meat. Add half of the onion and half of the garlic. Cover the pot with a lid and simmer for 75 minutes or until tender and falling apart.
Remove the meat and reserve the cooking liquid. Shred the beef with your fingers, two forks, or a food processor fitted with a plastic dough blade. I like to discard the excess fat and connective tissue during this process. In a pan or skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of fat over medium heat and sauté the rest of the onion and garlic until it becomes soft. Add the meat and sauté until well-browned. This takes about 10-12 minutes. Scrape the bottom of the pan every minute or so to allow the beef to brown and crisp in places, but not burn. Stir in the cooking liquid, tomatoes, chiles, and lime juice. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 25 minutes until most of the liquid is gone, but the beef is still moist. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Makes about 6 cups of shredded beef. Take this shredded beef and put it in your bakeover pans. In a separate bowl, make cornbread mixture. Divide over the bakeover pans. Bake per instructions. Serve topped with diced tomatoes, peppers, shredded cheese, and salsa.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2019 :  11:24:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
These sound great! Going to have to try them out....thanks for sharing!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
895 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2019 :  3:45:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great idea, Shannon :) I've been away for almost a month...so now have some serious catching up to do!! It looks like March was a no go for badges (I'm really sorry - I forgot until I was away) so I'll get April going this weekend :)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Bakeover Recipes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page