Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 What we are working on~ 2019
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic What we are working on~ 2019 Next Topic
Page: of 23

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2706 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2706 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2019 :  4:03:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, that is adorable! What an awesome grandma you are! I can't wait until Merit is old enough to play with dolls and I can make things for them. But at the rate I go sometimes, I should maybe start now!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2019 :  4:36:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie! I am so slow! I have to go at my own pace. It took me 2 weeks to make this! It was projected 3 hour project! LOL!

Connie
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2019 :  4:38:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Linda! Gorgeous!! What a cherished gift to receive!

Connie
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2019 :  4:38:30 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Debbie - I think so.

I'm going to the Dallas Quilt Show on Saturday and hope to find another car/truck panel to border for the other grandson of my friend. Then I will need to get them quilted.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2019 :  10:45:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the Barbie kitchen. One year the kids wanted Barbie cars. So I made two shoebox cars, all fancied up with red paper and glue. Of course we also bought them the real Barbie cars too. Imagine my surprise when I went to their rooms and found them playing with my box cars...because they could fit more Barbies in.
Linda that quilt will make that boy very happy.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Mar 06 2019 10:45:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6079 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6079 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2019 :  11:29:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda that is really a nice quilt I love the. Colors in it.
That is nice work Connie I bet Lily ?June really enjoys that.
Connie I am sending you email.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2019 :  9:29:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Marilyn,what a sweet memory of shoebox Barbie cars! I wanna make one. Can you tell me how? It would hold note Barbies!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2019 :  08:02:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just used shoe boxes that I rescued from their Christmas shoes,( since Lily June is younger, you may need to use one of your shoe boxes). I poked holes to run the heavy wire... the axels through and reattached the tires. I robbed the tires from broken cheap boy toys they had used in the sand box. The lid was cut down to be the hood, leaving room for barbies to sit inside. Part of the lid became the wind shield, with the cut out for the glass. I think I cut a clear plastic jar up to get a windshield. I don't remember what I used for a steering wheel...I covered the box with red papers, made two seats from another box and made the seats cushioned, by putting some stuffing under the fabric seat covers.lots of glue. Fabric glue is safer than hot glue, or if you have a low temp glue gun!!! Buttons make good door handles.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2019 :  1:27:11 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've finally gotten the fabrics for the second boy's quilt top and will put it together after we get back from Arizona around the 20th of April.

I have been working on UFOs - I started out adding sashings with cornerstones and connecting blocks for some scrappy 4-1/2" squares I made several years ago. It is a Bonnie Hunter pattern that uses 5" scrappy squares, so I am adjusting the pattern to fit my blocks and my quilt will be a little smaller. I had enough scrappy blocks already made (and extras) so didn't want to make more blocks 1/2" larger; and I have many of the 2-1/2" squares I need for the pieced border, and if I piece the back with large pieces I may not need to buy backing fabric. Wish me luck. LOL!
I've got so so so many UFOs that I don't need to worry about having nothing to do - the problem is that our travels, and we like to travel a lot, inferferes with the sewing and quilting.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2019 :  4:22:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, Lily June's Barbie house is adorable!! She is going to enjoy that space for a long time!!!

Linda, your quilt top is so pretty! I love the deep colors too. Your recipient is going to love it!!

Today, I have been working on stuff at my desk like family cards etc. last week, I made a Tumeric dye bath and put some basket reeds in to soak. They came out a beautiful deep yellow and I made up a little basket just to see how it would look when done. I might try it again and dye a larger batch of reeds to make a larger basket for fun. Making baskets takes me a long time because it requires a lot of tugging and working the pattern. The reeds are not very cooperative!! LOL!!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2019 :  5:14:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, travel while you can. That is what my friend says. She told me she figured they had 15 good travel years before they would stop. I guess she plans to stop when they are 80. She loves to quilt also. She also has six young grand kids.
Winnie, years ago another friend and I took a basket class. It was a lot of fun. We laughed and said if anyone ever put us in an institution, we would already know how to make baskets.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2019 :  5:16:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol, Marilyn that's too funny!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2019 :  5:51:34 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Basket making is something I have never done - not to say that I wouldn't. QUilting and general sewing takes up my time. I have a spinning wheel because I thought I'd like to try that and my DIDL has several alpacas, but I have not used it like I should and will probably sell it soon. I have alpaca fleece batting I got to spin and never used. I never really perfected spinning my yarn. I like to say I spun "art yarn" because it was thick and thin all in one strand. LOL!

That's what Ed and I say, too, Marilyn. We need to travel while we are still able to walk and get around. We still have a number of places on our bucket list that we want to see while we can. With my hip problems, I may be having another hip replacement in a year or so - I'd like to put it off a bit longer. Then again, the way the government seems to limit healthcare, and people say when you get to a certain age they are not as eager to approve surgeries, maybe I should get it done sooner rather than later. UGH! At least I have a live-in nurse, though I wouldn't want him to have to do it all.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2019 :  6:31:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lol! Marilyn!!maybe be call all be institutionalized together!
Connie's
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2706 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2706 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2019 :  6:49:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie, that is funny! And a great idea!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2019 :  7:20:18 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
LOL! Wouldn't that be FUN!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2019 :  8:13:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We would have a big hen party.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2019 :  8:26:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today, Bay watered the arena horses and those at their house. I watered the barn horses and those just below the barn. Wade had a big truck bring the sky track home...well it can't make the turn from the county road into our lane...So for fifteen minutes they block the county road, while they unhook the tie down chains and drive it off the long low trailer. Fascinating to watch. Then Wade drove it up the lane, very slowly, down to the barn, lowered the forks, slid them under the pallet and lifted that first tote of cubes. I thought he would drive closer to the cement alley, but I did not realize that the part that lifts things and people up high in the air, also moves things out in front. Anyway both big totes of hay are now safely out of the weather. Hopefully the three black calves went to the sale. He made three trips, forty miles one way.
You know some farm days are so quiet, and peaceful...Then there are days like today. I am glad Wade is the boss and can send the other guys to a job and spend a day or a week taking care of his farm chores. And my hubby can do the same...yesterday we worked all morning on our chicken pens. One needed a new tarp. I removed the smaller tarps from the ends of the four pens. We had plenty of trash!

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Apr 03 2019 8:32:59 PM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2019 :  10:17:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I fished my wool sheep and it's hanging on the wall. Gotta say I'm quite proud of how it turned out.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2019 :  11:40:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay Sara! I bet it is gorgeous.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2019 :  12:11:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Denise. Have the patterns pinned to wool for new project. Will wait until morning to cut it out so I will do a good job. Afternoon MS fatigue and scissors don't go together.

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2019 :  2:20:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To help get your creative juices flowing check out what Ruthie has been up to on MJF. http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=39835&whichpage=237

I'm going to look through my fabric stash and see what I can come up with to adorn my sideporch. Annie and I sat out there today and it needs a little something to say spring.

Edited by - YellowRose on Apr 08 2019 2:22:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9533 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9533 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2019 :  2:22:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw her spring banner. Isn't that pretty?

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2019 :  5:47:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruthie, that banner is such fun! I can't get motivated. We're expecting 6 inches of snow We'd. Ugh! I want spring!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2019 :  09:35:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Started patchwork banner for our 2019 Jubilee. It'll hang on sideporch behind two whicker chairs.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23 Project Discussions: Previous Topic What we are working on~ 2019 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page