Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 What we are working on~ 2019
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic What we are working on~ 2019 Next Topic
Page: of 23

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2706 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2706 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2019 :  10:53:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh wow!!! Those are all SO cute!!! Thank you for posting them! I'm thinking I need to make a few apron garlands now to swap out with the seasons.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2706 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2706 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2019 :  10:58:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sewed for both of my kids when they were growing up....my daughter way more than my son, of course. I did make several Halloween costumes for him. Katie wasn't very old before she started picking out the fabric and patterns for me..she knew at an early age what she liked and did not like!
So far I've just had 3 grandboys to sew for and I've made a LOT of pajama bottoms and each have a couple of quilts. I lost count of how many hats that I've crocheted them. But it's really fun to sew for a little girl, now. She's just getting big enough so that a pattern will fit and she can wear more kinds of things. She wore her little flannel top yesterday and kept touching the arm of it and saying, "Ooohhhh...." She likes soft things.
Now that I have that project finished I am going to try and get a quilt top put together this week. It's a scrappy top done in pinks, creams and browns, vintage type fabric. The weather is supposed to turn yucky again starting tonight so it will be a perfect time to stay inside and sew!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2019 :  10:58:55 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
They are FUN to make and easy, too.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2019 :  11:08:14 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Raining here today, too - great sewing weather.
Wish I had a granddaughter to sew for. Easy tops, skirts and jumpers are so easy and fun to make.

Denise, Connie, and anyone else with a young granddaughter - this might be something for you to do for them:
About 10 years ago I put together a suitcase of dress-up clothes and it sold for over $200 at a fundraiser auction. I got some fancy dresses and other costme outfits at goodwill and thrift shops; collected scarves, hats, gloves, flat shoes, jewelry, tights, etc; made a couple elastic-waist skirts; added masks for costumes. They wereAll items were put in a large old suitcase and a little girl could dress up as a princess, bride, and any other person she might want to be. It was fun putting it together over a year, and I got some items donated from others in my 501(c)3 group. I was srprised tht it went for so much, but i'm sure the little girl who got it enjoyed many days playing dress-up.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2706 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2706 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2019 :  11:16:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, what a great idea! You probably had just as much fun collecting things as the little girl had dressing up!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2706 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2706 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2019 :  11:17:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We did think ahead and saved 12+ years of ballet costumes from Katie's recitals.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2019 :  11:45:49 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That will be great to have for your granddaughter.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2019 :  3:07:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda,I love that!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2019 :  5:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I bet Lily June would love to play dress-up.

Edited by - quiltee on Feb 20 2019 10:10:06 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2019 :  9:19:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When the girls were little I made their Halloween costumes. Then dress up clothes. We would all go to my sewing house and they would choose their fabric. I would sew while they looked through "STUFF" that is how they found my wedding dress, asked if they could try it on etc.They loved to play "back in the olden days". They also loved Indian stories, costumes, etc. They loved to ride horses with their daddy, dressed in their Indian outfits. Hadlee recently said that she wished she could go back and play on our pirate ship again. The pirate ship was the porch swing, out in the yard. They loved for me to draw pirate maps that led to surprises...sometimes it led to their afternoon snack.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6078 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6078 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2019 :  9:53:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You really came up with fun things to do Marilyn, I love reading yours and everyone else stories

Thank you.

Love
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2019 :  10:12:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Darlene.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9532 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9532 Posts

Posted - Feb 20 2019 :  03:35:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda you are right that is a great idea. My granddaughters have a trunk full of costumes that they dress up in. whenever we go to visit they will come out all dressed in some getup and of course we have to guess who they are. They love it.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Feb 20 2019 03:36:19 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2019 :  03:51:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have three rows of wool yarn on the wool sheep and many more rows to go but I like the way it is looking.

This morning Annie tracked in mud from one of the mud puddles in my back yard. Bless her heart she seems to hit everyone of them. I grabbed the Swiffer wet cloths and mopped up the mess. I used the last one and started to throw the container away when the idea struck me to wash it - air it out - and use it to sort small wool pieces by color. Will label each container with color. I buy the 24 count of wet cloths off Amazon and the plastic container is 4" high with clear lid. It will take awhile to have enough containers for each color. Many wool projects are made with scrapes of wool so having the pieces organized by color will be a good thing.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2019 :  08:27:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great idea!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2019 :  7:14:33 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here are pictures of the quilt top and table runner I've made for the Jubilee theme. I hosted several 10" square themed swaps a few years ago, and sewed the farmgirl-themed squares from that swap (and some I added from my stash) together for the top (67" x 75" without a border). Pictured on the squares are chickens, pigs, cows, cats, aprons, kitchen tools, veggies, cherries, sewing/knitting related, farm kids, and herbs and flowers. There were several duplicate squares; I cut these into four 5" squares each to make some table runners. I still need to back and quilt the table runners and have the quilt long-arm quilted, but at least the tops are done. I am going to add a wide border on the quilt so it fits my full-size bed. I may use some chicken-wire fabric I have for the border. How much more country could that be?

Quilt top

Table Runner

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2706 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2706 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2019 :  7:16:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love those, Linda!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2019 :  7:20:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love 'em Linda!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2019 :  7:22:00 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Did y ou participate in the 10" square swaps, Debbie? I still have squares from several other themes that I have never used. Maybe table runners out of the Easter and Patriotic? LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2706 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2706 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2019 :  7:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't. I don't think I knew about them back then. I just did the quilt blocks of the month during 2017.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2019 :  7:39:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cute Linda! I see the cow that I painted. She made me smile!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2019 :  7:43:13 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I love that cow, Marilyn! On question - is she washable?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2019 :  7:47:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes she is washable, but when you have the quilter lady quilt the quilt you might want her to stitch around the cow, not across her face. That might hurt her. Just kidding.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2019 :  7:49:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, where did you get your cutting mat? How big is it?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2019 :  8:29:10 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I usually use my mat that is 24" x 36" - the one ini the picture. I do have one that is 36" x 60" and fits on a tall-leg cutting table in my craft house but the table is so covered with stuff that I can't use it for cutting. LOL!

I got both of them at JoAnns (at least I think the blue one came from there) - but the large one I ordered on line when it was on sale and I used a coupon. The large one is thicker and came rolled up. I think it might also be available ini the store.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 23 Project Discussions: Previous Topic What we are working on~ 2019 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page