darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6076 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6076 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2018 :  1:46:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not prepared yet hopeful to put something together fo Christmas.

You take care everyone.

Love you all!

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2704 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2704 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2018 :  2:47:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have all of you gotten back on track after the time change? I usually don't mind it but this year I was "off" for a couple of days! Feeling back to normal....I wish they'd just leave the time alone!!!
Connie, your mums are beautiful! We finally got some freezing temperatures and my flowers are dying down for the year.
A few years ago we decided to wait until the 3rd week of December to start decorating and putting up the tree and then leaving it until Jan. 6th. I feel like Thanksgiving gets shorted. As soon as Halloween is over, the stores are putting out the Christmas stuff...sometimes they don't even wait that long...I've seen Halloween and Christmas right next to each other!!!
I'm glad Halloween is over, it's not my favorite holiday, although it's always fun to see the grandboys and the little neighbor kids dressed up. I really enjoy Thanksgiving. I've been going through recipes and trying to get my dinner menu planned. Thursday I am helping my youngest grandson and his preschool class make a pumpkin pie...that should be fun! We don't have to roll out the pie crust, though...they just want to measure and stir the filling. I am also going to take them a can of spray whipped cream to have on their pie for snack time....haha! I'll let the teachers have fun with that!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2018 :  3:42:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The teacher in me looked at the calendar and said, "Yea! The teachers and kids have an extra week between Thanksgiving and Christmas." I remember teaching first graders and needing just a few more days to make stuff.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2018 :  4:42:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Christmas??? It is still 85-88 and humid here!!!!! LOL!!! I went to visit a friend in OK last weekend and their leaves were at their peak and it was cool enough to wear sweaters!! It was wonderful but shocking to come home to same old heat. Here it is November and I don't have any thoughts of Christmas yet. With grown girls, Christmas is very small and simple. It isn't the big deal it used to be when we had our parents visit and the girls were young. But honestly, I am fine with that. I don't miss all the stress of busy busy calendars and too much to do. Does that make me a Scrooge now?? LOL!!!!! With such a delayed arrival of any cooler weather down here, I want to linger in Fall into December. The past few years, it has been very warm most of December and our tree gets all brown before Dec. 25.

On a sweet note.......my orange tree out in the front yard is loaded down with oranges right now. They clearly approve of lots of warm sunny days and lots of rain!!! LOL!! Perspective is everything!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2018 :  4:42:29 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My mother hid presents in the attic, under the bed (which we usually found), and in the trunk of the car. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2018 :  4:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have some of my shopping done that is because I was taking it to them in Ohio not mailing. That is about all. We don't put our tree up until the 2nd of Christmas. Jbear's birthday. It's tradition.
I'm not in a hurry for Christmas.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Nov 07 2018 4:51:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2018 :  6:24:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie it is nice to be able to relax a bit, take a nap etc. My sister lives in Dallas, and has always been looking for things to do...year round. Her daughter is the same. No telling how many Halloween costumes they had and parties they attended. Two kids have not slowed my niece and her husband down a bit.I
Now they do it again for the Christmas season. It makes me tired just thinking about all they do. Of course there are tons of photos taken as well.
I have learned to say, " No thank you, I think I need to stay at home. "

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2018 :  05:34:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've managed to get things more organized for Thanksgiving. Turkey in the freezer and I've been working on the menu getting my shopping list together.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2018 :  06:13:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, you are doing great. I have gotten lazy, since my daughter in law, Julie does most of the holiday cooking these days. She has learned to make Texas cornbread dressing! The first year she made it, my husband insisted that I make some too, just in case. Now he eats hers. It is good!
Julie makes good pies too! Since she and Hadlee enjoy cooking together, it has been so nice to just do some veggies and a sweet jello or fruit salad.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2018 :  06:22:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My daughter had dinner at her place last year. So I thought it would be nice to have it again. Do you have a recipe for Texas cornbread stuffing you would be willing to share in the recipes thread?

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Nov 08 2018 06:23:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2018 :  07:17:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes. I need to look for it, then I will share it.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2018 :  07:27:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great! Thank you Marilyn.

Yesterday I piddled/puttered around. Last night I had 3 phone calls. Everyone seems to call the same day. I was on with my dd from 6- 7:30. Baby is doing good. Learning or trying to get a schedule/pattern going for their family now.
Then before we were done my brother called. He had his DNA done and was sharing the results with me. The only thing I didn't know was that we are Swedish. Probably where the blues eyes and blond hair come from but we are also Dutch so who knows.
Then I had a message from my nephew while talking to my brother so got off the phone with him at 9 and called my nephew. He just needed someone to listen and some encouragement. It was good but I didn't get to sleep till after 11 when we hung up.
I had a terrible leg cramp this morning. I was surprised because for three days now I have only been drinking water. Need more exercise I think. Woke a little tired this morning but heading to the Amish market to pick up a few things. Then I am coming back to work on some more freezer meals.
Hope everyone is having a great day!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2018 :  06:11:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Forty degrees and rainy this morning so it'll be a piddling day for me. Working on my own wool applique design. Hope to finish it this week. May dust off my story and see what Pearl's up to. I feel creative today. Love these kinds of day when it's dark and raw outside and warm and bright inside.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2018 :  06:33:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd love to hear from Pearl too. The North wind is cold out side. Rain during the night.I dread how cold our nights will be this week. Thankfully I don't have a lot of plants to bring into the utility room. Enjoy your stitching day Sara. I will be using a different sewing machine, one with an overclock stitch. I hope it works.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Nov 12 2018 06:35:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2018 :  06:41:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara would love to see your design when you are finished. It's cold here today. Doing a little bit piddling myself. Laundry,kitchen stuff,paperwork. Odds & ends stuff. Dusting calls me. Stay warm and enjoy the day!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2018 :  07:28:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn if there is enough interest I may post chapters like I did before. The story I am working on is The Rose Rustler's Murders.

Denise I don't post pictures so I will tell you what it is. I collect cream trimmed in green enamelware so my design is a cream & green container filled with veggies. I have only the beets left to embroider then I can applique all veggies on container. After I finish the wool applique I will sew it on to a Wooly flannel table runner for my kitchen table.
Wooly flannel looks like wool but to save my pennies I use it for large pieces and wool for smaller projects.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2018 :  07:37:21 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sara -
Don't forget to send to me for editing. I love your stories and finding out what Pearl is up to now. LOL!
And in the MJF magazine there is a all for articles/stories from farmgirls. I'll bet you could send somme of your stories in and they might publiish them. I offer my editing skills before you send.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2018 :  07:45:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, I'm taking you up on your offer. I'll send you what I have. Your work will be cut out for you - it's full of errors and an odd word here and there. Do you want hard copy or by e-mail attachment?

Edited by - YellowRose on Nov 12 2018 07:47:18 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2018 :  07:46:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara,
That applique sounds pretty. I bet it will be beautiful on your table!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2018 :  07:49:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Denise. I like working with wool - there's no turning under and can embroider without a hoop.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2018 :  08:35:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I looked at some kits but they are out of my range right now. I am just learning and think I may just need something to practice on. I've never been very good at applique.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2018 :  08:58:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise I ordered one kit to get started. They are expensive. Since then I only order patterns and wool from Winterberry Cabin https://www.winterberrycabin.com/

I like to order from them because I can order small single pieces or a collection of small pieces. I stick to the same colors so no matter the pattern I have colors to use. I like fall colors and little by little building up a stash of wool. I save every piece of wool. Today I used teen-tiny pieces for the pepper stems.

One of my favorite things about working in wool is picking out the colors to use. I don't always use the colors on the patterns.

Edited by - YellowRose on Nov 12 2018 08:59:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2018 :  09:10:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's what I like to do Sara is pick my own colors. Thank you for the website!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2018 :  2:36:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, I've been wondering what Pearl has been up to!! I hope she has another story she wishes to share. One never knows what she has come across lately!! LOL!!

Today I am doing the prep for a colonoscopy. BLEH!!!! Why does it seem to be time so quickly?? LOL!!! On Friday, I am flying up to Washington DC to help my oldest sister pack up to move to Marietta, Ga where her daughter lives. Sadly, my sister has been experiencing some dementia that is progressing to the point where she cannot safely live alone anymore. Ny niece has found a place just minutes from her house where my Sister can move into a Senior Care facility. She will still be able to have a little apartment, but will eat some meals in the main dining room. The best part is that this place will allow her to keep her dog for the time being.

When I get home on Sunday, it will be Thanksgiving week. Gosh this month has flown by for me!! Anyone else feel that way? Then it is off and running to the Holidays. Everything suddenly feels like it is on speed-dial lately!! LOL!! I am going to circulate this cute poster that I think came from MJF. Just darling!! I agree with the kitty....PIE is one of the most tasty parts of Thanksgiving!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2018 :  3:05:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie so glad you will be with your sister as she makes her move to a new home.

Love the kitty & pie cartoon.

Last time I checked on Pearl she was up to scruffy cowboy boots in murders but not to worry she has a plan.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Thankful November~2018 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page