levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2018 :  08:46:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here we are at the first of November already! I am so glad for fall but just don't know where the time goes.

I am getting back in the swing of things here at home. Though I miss my grands, I noticed lots of things that need my attention so I am glad I was not gone longer than 2 weeks!

I am spending today catching up on correspondence and clearing off my desk. Whew is that a job sometimes. It is definitely a hot spot I need to keep on top of.

Then I am off to get the groceries stocked again. This weekend I plan to go through the pantry and down size a bit.

Our son is moving out today. He is going to be about 2 hours north of us. Not too bad of a drive. He is still working with his dad so he will be here for the first half of the week and looking for work nearer to his place the last half. Once he finds something he will be there permanently.

Thanksgiving will be a little different this year as he is planning to be there so it will just be the two of us. Though my eldest dd is hoping to have us at her place. We will probably go as they will all be here for Christmas except the Ohio kids. Plus my brother in law and nephew will be here then.

We do plan to do more renovations to the house which always keeps me busy.

The weather is gorgeous here today. I hope all of you are having a great first day of this beautiful new month and may we always be thankful for each new season we are given!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Nov 01 2018 08:46:54 AM

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2018 :  12:36:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise you are starting November off with a bang. Here's to you checking things off your To-Do list.

It's cool enough today to have the heat on. It's a piddling day for me but I have done floors in two rooms and a load of laundry. With a washer and dryer I can't really call laundry a chore.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2018 :  12:44:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara,
I've gotten a few things checked off that list but now I am tired out. So taking a break and getting things together for our supper. I put some pork loin in the crockpot and will cook up some potatoes to go with it. It will be different cooking for two part of the week. LOL.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1269 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1269 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2018 :  2:36:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy November everyone, I did lot of straightening yesterday. I took the day off from mom and did not have to pick up the granddaughter. So did some things for myself. The last 4 months have just been a whirlwind with mom, but she is okay and getting settled in. Nice and cool here today feels so much more like fall. Take care and enjoy the month.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2018 :  3:10:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems like from November 1st until New's Years day, the weeks fly by and are so busy! I say every year, I am going to not get caught up in a whirlwind and I always do! LOL! I packed up Halloween last night, it was raining hard here, so we had to cancel going to Holly and Lily June's to see her Trick-or Treat. They went out from 5 to 6 pm and got back in before the hard rain set in.

I am making lists and starting to think about Thanksgiving. Looking up recipes and jotting down notes. I will have 10 to 12 people. I have my new farmhouse table this year, so no more card table at the end of the table. It seats 10 comfortable. After 30 years of the same table, I miss it, so many memories, I am getting use to the new one. No memories for this table yet, Holly's birthday dinner was cancelled because we were all sick, first time in 44 years, I didin't cook her birthday dinner.

Denise, you have been busy! praying for your son to find work How far away does Jessie live from you?

Hey Sherry, glad your mom is settled in. Finally cool here also! The leaves are turning color, November is our best Fall month!
Sara, I adore Piddling Days!! Your so right, the washer and dryer do the hard work, I use to hang out clothes on the line most of my young life!!

Connie
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2018 :  3:31:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love reading your news Connie!
We missed the hard rain yesterday, but we got almost an inch.
We have grown leaves on the ground. Sadly we don't get the pretty colors. Well the crepe myrtle s have a bit of color and out back the golden rain tree is pretty...I can not see it from the house.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2018 :  4:48:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Marilyn, last I heard we got an inch and a half of rain. No storms,Thank the Lord!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2018 :  5:20:22 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like everyone has their to-do lists for the fall and holiday times. Thanksgiving comes up so fast, and then Christmas follows. I'm not sure what or where we are doing Thanksgiving. I may have something here at least one day for my son's family They often go to Oklahoma to my DIL's grandfather's house where her family meets, but not usually ON Thanksgiving because her mother sometimes works on Thanksgiving Day. Ed's son's inlaws family has Thanksgivinng and we did go there last year, so not sure about this year.

Sherry - so glad you Mom is settling in. That is great to hear.

Connie - we got a lot of rain, too. I'm wondering what kind of winter we will have.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2018 :  7:25:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanksgiving plans! Here I was thinking about the time change that comes on Sunday.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2018 :  07:48:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sherry,
Glad to here your mom is settling in. Good you had some time for you. That is so important when you are a caregiver but also hard to come by sometimes.

Connie,
She lives about a 7 minute drive from me. I go to the post office there which is walking distance for them.

We have plans to have Thanksgiving with my daughter's family. Jbear is having a housewarming/thanksgiving with his friends this year. Was hoping he'd be here but once they leave things change. I'm okay with it. He will be here for Christmas.

Marilyn,
I dread the time change. I wish they would leave it alone this time of year. I understand because my grandgirls catch the bus in the dark right now and that is not the safest thing. So though the farmers are no longer in need of it I can see the sense of doing it for the children who have to get up so early.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2018 :  1:21:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, I wish they would leave the time alone too!!! I remember the first time I was coming home from work, down the dark Highway and saw that giant Farm machine with headlights, scared me to death, it looked like something from Star wars! As I got closer I could see the machine and the farmer! for a second, I thought it was a UFO! LOL!! Many have such advanced equipment now, they can work at night!

Finally some color from these Mums!! 5 of the 8 I put in the ground last November came back! None of the orange ones came back except this tiny part of one.

Beautiful fall day here 65, Sunny, sky so Blue! I have been so Thankful all day for it!!

Connie

Edited by - Killarney on Nov 03 2018 1:22:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2018 :  1:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am Thankful for Hobby Lobby! Love their Nativity!! ( My favorite store) Not afraid to say what's the "Reason for the Season"!! Amen!!

Connie
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6078 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6078 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2018 :  1:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is beautiful
Hugs and l.
Darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2018 :  2:20:18 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That's nice, Connie. I haven't been in HL recently. I go for a 25 cent item and come home $50 later. LOL!
\

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2018 :  4:42:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a fabric nut! I love their seasonal fabrics. But I learned several years ago that I spend less when I order on line.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2018 :  8:11:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love Hobby Lobby too? I saw their nativity the other day also. I am trying to make things slow down a bit. Doing things purposefully. Trying not to stress. I am not going to think Christmas until December. We're having a hard freeze and snow this week. Winter is coming! Great for quilting and crafts.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2018 :  05:27:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This morning I am singing the praises of Red River County, TX and the women who work in the election clerks office. Early voting has been going on and my sister voted last week. She asked one of the clerks what would be a good time to bring her critically ill DH in to vote so he wouldn't have to stand in line. Betty was told they would bring the ballot out to him. So Friday she took him in his PJs and bathrobe to vote. He stayed in the pickup and a woman brought his ballot. He sealed it in an envelope. Before they left another woman was taking a ballot to someone in a car. I'm sure this is done all over the country but it's the first time I have heard of it. Makes me proud to know there are people doing whatever they can so others can vote.

I vote by mail and Betty said next year she thought they would too. Being a senior citizen does have it's perks.lol

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2018 :  05:55:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I have been voting by mail for three years. I decided that the court house steps would eventually be a big problem for me. I am so glad I did that, because all voting takes place at the court house this time. My son told us yesterday, that his wife is afraid! She is an election clerk and is afraid of what could happen with all of the fussing etc. Please pray for election clerks and election judges, pray that God will protect them from violence. Also pray for our President and his family.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2018 :  05:59:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonnie, when My great niece put photos of her Christmas tree, etc. On line last week...before Halloween, I thought "On My!" Then I wondered if she did it thiking that with showers and her wedding December 1st, it was then or never! They have things every weekend in December to too. City folks! Then she and her sister in law decorated her parents home!
It was a stretch for me to buy a tree the Friday after Thanksgiving, put it up and decorate it, when we started doing that.....
Now this year I asked for help from grand daughters to decorate our sun room, where their Bapa watches tv. He had built a big shelving unit for books several years ago. We cleared off some shelves and got out the collection of houses that light up and put them on the shelves.
When the girls were little we put them in the living room...but he continued to add a new house each year, until there was no room. So I packed them away and we have not had them out. I wanted to put them in the sun room last year... But tore my knee all to pieces which stopped that idea. Now he can enjoy them and when it I walk back there I always comment on how pretty they are.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Nov 05 2018 06:16:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2018 :  08:47:16 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sara - I have worked the polls for several years - mostly in the precinct where my DIL is the voting precinct judge. There is a universal policy in place to do just that - take a ballot out to those who are unable to leave the car. She goes out and takes their ID in to confirm they are in the correct precinct, takes the ballot out to them, lets them vote, and they place the ballot in the envelope and seal it. The envelope is then taken back into the polling place where it is put into the paper ballot voting box. The judge is also able to move someone up to the front of a long line if he/she sees someone on a walker, crutches, otherwise disabled and sees that they might not be able to stand too long.

Marilyn, it is said that putting up the Christmas decorations early is a great stress reliever for people. I usually put mine up the day after Thanksgiving. Now it will be my rustic ladder tree from last year again, and I am going to start making (not all this yea). If he doesn't fix it soon I will have a garage do it. It needs tires (that he has, I think), a tune up (that he says he can do), transmission work (we've checked on price), painting and new wood pieces (which Ed has somewhere LOL). I am determined to get it running.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2018 :  09:54:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh are we talking Christmas already! It can't be time yet. LOL. We just started having cool fall weather. yikes!

Our son usually puts the tree up for us. So we will probably wait until he is here to do it. It takes so long to decorate because it is a big one. May need to downsize soon. But this year everyone will be here except dd from Ohio and her family, so we will use the big one. I have two other small ones that I put in the front rooms. We will see how it goes. I usually use the 5ft to put my mom and dad's vintage ornaments on.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2018 :  04:20:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, read your post over! Did something get lost or did your device remove some words? That is what kind does!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

kristina72
Farmgirl in Training

22 Posts

Kristi
Cordova Tennessee
USA
22 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2018 :  10:55:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not to take away from Thanksgiving and what it means to all of us but I almost dragged my Christmas tree out of the garage last night. Last year time went by so quickly that I didn't put a tree up at my house, just a couple of decorations. I may put my trees up this weekend so that I have some time to enjoy them. My parents used to tell me stories about the tradition when we were in Germany that the tree would go up on Christmas Eve. So much work for such a short time to enjoy it.

Make Today Count (MTC) :-)

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2018 :  11:36:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kristi,
My mom used to do our tree every Christmas eve. We saw nothing until we came down the next morning. It was a ton of work for her and we only left it up till the 6th of January. Then it came down. After a while even though we were older she still did it but she got together with two of our neighbors who were her very good friends and they took turns at each one's home. Problem with that was they usually didn't sleep that night or only a few hrs at most. I never did now where she kept all the gifts stashed. We didn't have an attic and it was a dirt floor basement so quite damp. I'm guessing she must have had everything hidden in her room. After all the work she did for that we still had a big dinner and all. I don't know how she did it. I'm sure there was tons of coffee involved.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2018 :  12:47:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am I the only one NOT ready for the holidays??? As is not prepared??? I did finally print calendars off the internet and wrote in pen everything I have going on. THen I penciled in when I want to be working on different projects. I declare I need about ten of me!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2018 :  12:58:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not prepared just those little houses.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Thankful November~2018 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page