Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 October Sunshine and Falling leaves ~2018
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic October Sunshine and Falling leaves ~2018 Next Topic
Page: of 5

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2018 :  09:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here it is October already! I sure hope this month slows down a little.
Trying to get my bathroom finished, always a slow process for me. Need to get birthdays and Christmas shopping done so I can take them to Ohio with me. Also getting things together for the trip.
So looking forward to cool October nights and all the Fall fun that happens this time of year!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Oct 01 2018 4:18:27 PM

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6078 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6078 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2018 :  10:26:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That went fast! I hope October is good, I need to get some things done desperately and have been waiting since June.

Other wise, enjoy the Fall day!
hugs and love you all
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2018 :  1:07:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love, Love October! it's a busy month for us too! Holly's birthday, family dinners. Goes so fast!!! It's my favorite month since I was a child! We use to sleep out on the screened in back porch in October too!

Connie #3392
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2018 :  4:08:03 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
All the months go fast - the older we get the faster they seem to go. I love the fallish weather we've had the past week. I wish it would end, but it is going to be warmer this week. We leave for Albuquerque Balloon Festival in a few days, and hopefully will get cooler temperatures there.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2018 :  11:15:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy October everyone!! We are going tomorrow to Asheville, NC to visit our daughter. The weather forecast is 10 degrees above normal so it will be in the low to mid 80s and low 60s at night. That is only about 10 lower than what we keep having and I am kinda bummed out! Sure wish we could have some cooler and drier weather here in FLorida, but the forecast for the first half of October is for temps to be above normal!!sigh. Today is cloudy with periods of sun and then little spotting of rain. SO HUMID!!

Connie, I love that idea of sleeping on the screen porch as the weather turns cooler! Bringing out the flannel jammies and snuggle under a quilt sounds heavenly to me!

One thing for sure on this trip......I am going to apple orchards and get some wonderful apples!! I am excited about that!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2018 :  3:02:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still warm during the day, above normal temps for this time of year. 88 for high yesterday! 70's at night, lower humidity! Cool weather has to be around the corner!!

Winnie, some of my favorite memories as a child is from that screened in back porch! I loved outside all my life! I hated to go indoors as a kid! I lived on that back porch, I played out there, ate out there, slept when ever the weather would permit with my aunts, they were teenagers! My Granny would not let me sleep out there alone, just because she knew I would grab a mason jar and go chase fireflies or what ever! LOL!!!

Connie #3392
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2018 :  6:24:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
October is mt favorite fall month. On the 1st we went up the north shore of Lake Superior. The leaves are at their peak. We drove up to Grand Portage state park on the US-Canadian border. The weather was wonderful...50s for highs. Tuesday we went to Grand Marais, a great little town on a bay. We try to go every year for the art studio tour. Today, the weather was so foggy it was hard to see 10 feet in front of you. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny for our drive home great rock formations, pines, birch and maples. You would love it. Wish you were here.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2018 :  1:07:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonnie, I bet the leaves are gorgeous in the cooler air!!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2018 :  1:22:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bonnie, I bet that was gorgeous! I am going to see if I can get JT to go down to Skyline drive in Va. this year. Always loved when we lived in Virginia. Beautiful area there.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2706 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2706 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2018 :  3:29:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are getting our first rain today since May...it definitely feels like fall today! I just need some kind of pumpkin/cinnamon smell in the house now!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2018 :  4:31:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie,
Sprinkling of rain here today too! Definitely felt like fall! But we will be back to warmer temps this week.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2018 :  7:28:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay! Debbie for your rain!!!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6078 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6078 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2018 :  09:34:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have been getting a llittle rain too, enough to make the grass grow and need mowing.

have a good Saturday.

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Oct 06 2018 :  3:27:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just saw our 7 day weather forecast! Starting Wednesday! High is low 70's!! Come on Fall weather!! 90 today!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2018 :  08:15:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, so ready for Fall temps here. It hasn't been too hot, like the Atlanta area, thankful!!!! low 60s in the mornings, low 80s during the day, but I am ready for 50 -70 range for a long time :)!
Denise, I pray you get to go on the Skyline Drive, especially this time of your. Stop and smell the leaves along the way :)! We plan to drive the lower end early next month. Cherokee, NC and head North.

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2018 :  10:55:45 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Cool nights and mornings in Albuquerque. I LOVE IT! The Balloon Fiesta was winded-out this morning - winds 40 MPH in air so balloons could not go up. They did open most of them up so we could walk among them. Those hot air balloons are HUGE!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2018 :  4:18:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are home from Asheville and Georgia. It was wonderful to visit with my daughter and brother too! I did get a huge sack full of delicious apples at our favorite family orchard named Hickory Nut Gap. We have been eating them like candy! There is nothing better than apples picked from an orchard when they are ripe and not all green and hard.

Unfortunately, it was 85 degrees every day in the mountains and 88 in Georgia, so I didn't get any cool weather or taste of Fall. There were a few trees in the mts. that might have a leaf or two that has color but most everything is still all green.

Tonight, I saw on our local TV weather that Hurricane Michael might impact us this week as a Category 1 !! I hate that we might have another big storm and lose power etc. Plus it is supposed to be hot and humid all week with the storm in the Gulf. It will be a wait and see what happens over the next 3 days. sigh. What a BUMMER when it is supposed to be Fall!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Oct 08 2018 :  06:23:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I sure wish the weather would cooperate with the calendar! Though I can't complain but we are still feeling like 80's this week. It is over cast today and a little cooler, at least not those 90's and I am grateful for that. I have lots to get done this week to ready to go away for a couple of weeks. Winnie, I agree, apples are like candy and I stopped and got some Jonagolds and they are so good. Sweet and a little tart.
I have the information sheets almost all finished and will be sending them all out this week. Need to get busy today!
Enjoy your day everyone!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2018 :  09:27:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Highs in the 60 and 70's starting here Thursday! already a cool breeze coming in!

Connie
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2018 :  09:38:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie our temperatures are about the same. Our north wind will arrive tonight but it is raining! Yesterday it rained a bit off and on. My son began no till planting over his coastal. He planned to finish today but has been at the court house because of jury duty. He could not have planted anyway. Our night time temps will be in the 50s all week and highs of only 74°...wow! God is wonderful!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6078 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6078 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2018 :  09:48:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our weather is normal, grey, a little blue, this morning grey, a little blue and a little rain. and some fog.
I enjoy the blue.
You all have a good Tuesday and God be with you all.

darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3522 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3522 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2018 :  12:34:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As Summer rages on here, we are closely watching Hurricane Michael. Right now, it looks like landfall tomorrow will be west from us, but we are still expected to have wind gusts and lots of rain. Today is uncomfortably humid and there is a tropical disturbance, unrelated to the Hurricane, in the Atlantic giving use tiny showers followed by sunshine. It feels like a sauna out there!!

Denise, I share your frustration that October has not brought much relief from Summer, considering the month and dates. We are all desperate down here for cooler and drier weather!

At the grocery store today, I found this Pumpkin flour. It is just dried pumpkin meat and seeds milled into a fine flour. It can be used in all sorts of recipes too. So, I am thinking about trying it with buttermilk biscuit mix and see what happens. I will let you know the results.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2018 :  1:37:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pumpkin flour sounds interesting Winnie! Would you still need some canned pumpkin or just the spices?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2018 :  2:38:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, pumpkin flour! let us know how you like it! Awesome! Prayers for safe weather
Connie

Edited by - Killarney on Oct 09 2018 2:40:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9531 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9531 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2018 :  2:43:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie,
I had to laugh at your comment about the sauna. We are always joking around with my nephew about that when he gets out of the shower. Always having to tell him to turn the fan on. So, we started taking to saying that anytime he would come out of the shower so he would remember. LOL!
We say it sometimes when we are going somewhere and we have to get into the hot car. I sure hope it dries out down there soon. I know how humid it can get with those tropical storms and such.

Pumpkin buttermilk biscuits sound yummy! You will have to let us know how they turn out. Right now there is pumpkin everything everywhere. I was in Target the other day and they had Apple Cinnamon Special K. Couldn't pass up the apple cinnamon! They had Pumpkin Spice too so I got some of that. All the cereal seems to have that flavor just now. Some of them aren't very good though.

Marilyn,
Enjoy those wonderful temps.

Darlene,
I'm glad you are getting some blue to enjoy! Happy Tuesday to you too!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Oct 09 2018 2:43:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6078 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6078 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2018 :  7:48:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bet that pumpkin flour will be good to use in everything, let us know Winnie, and please keep safe out there.
Praying the Hurricane will lose power.
Amen!
Hugs and love.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic October Sunshine and Falling leaves ~2018 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page