notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - May 02 2018 :  12:36:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It has been beautiful here the past couple days. I think spring is really here! How exciting is that? I'm so happy it's warm outside now. The kids are playing outside, the plants for the garden are sitting on the porch instead of invading my craft room, and there are dandelions all over my yard that may need to be turned into dandelion wine (if I can find the time).

I failed at the reading challenge last month, but I did succeed at a few little projects I've been working on. I finally turned my old metal colander into a windchime. I started sprouting broccoli seeds and the first batch is done and in the freezer. I'm successfully continuing my keto/exercise journey (despite developing plantar fasciitis), and I'm down 20 pounds from when I started.

What are some goals you have for yourself this month? Spring invites action! What would you like to accomplish?

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Farmgirl of the Month - March 2016

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - May 03 2018 :  08:50:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's a picture of the wind chime I made. I hadn't made anything in so long and I've been meaning to do this for over a year so it was really fun! A UFO crossed off the list.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9466 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9466 Posts

Posted - May 03 2018 :  5:12:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erin,
What a wonderful wind chime! I have a lot going on this month so I doubt I will be getting much more than Spring cleaning done around here. Though I always have visions of lots of things getting done. I did not do well in the reading challenge myself but I love to read, just need to make the time. We have our anniversary this month. My brother in law is coming back from NY to get the rest of his things for the final move. We will be traveling to Ohio again, this time to see our Emily, who is 5, in her ballet recital. I am hoping to get a few small things done. Of course there is also the Jubilee coming up this weekend!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - May 16 2018 :  06:31:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did any of you do anything fun for the Jubilee? My weekends are taken up with baseball, housework and helping at the greenhouse.

I am just now recovering from being sick for a week :( Yesterday was the first day I felt better. I had to cancel Rory's birthday party last weekend, and reschedule it for this weekend because I literally couldn't get off the couch. Nothing was wrong with my stomach (other than random loss of appetite) just my head ached and I had a fever. A couple of the kids went through it before me, and so far it hasn't affected Jason at all. He took work off last week to try to get some things done around the house, which was great because I surprise got sick, but also a bummer because not much got done. He repainted our front and back steps, which was badly needed, so that was good. He planted spinach, carrots and onions, and finished getting the garden ready.

I read Jane Eyre while I was sick. I loved it so much. I've never read any Bronte before, and I almost picked up Jane Austen but I've read all of those multiple times and I thought, no, try something new. I have seen two different Jane Eyre movies, but of course neither did the book justice. They never do. I told Jason he has to find Wuthering Heights for me now. It's floating around his study somewhere.

How's everyone else doing?

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
895 Posts

Posted - May 16 2018 :  07:55:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you ladies for all your kind words and encouragement. I'm quite struggling still with the death of my dad. It was so sudden, completely unexpected, and he was so young. I feel so sad for my kids - my youngest is 7, and he doesn't have a lot of memories with him :(

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - May 17 2018 :  09:13:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Joyce! I wish I could give you a big hug right now. I can't imagine what you're going through. Jesus will help you through it, my friend, though it may not feel like it now. Sending much love and prayers to you and your family <3

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9466 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9466 Posts

Posted - May 23 2018 :  5:29:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joyce,
Still keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
895 Posts

Posted - May 23 2018 :  5:38:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, girls. Really appreciate, and loved your cards and thoughtful words.

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Marvellous May! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page