Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Wildflower Farmgirls
 Project Discussions
 January brings the snow...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic January brings the snow... Next Topic  

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2018 :  11:38:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apologies for my absence lately. Every Christmas season for me ends up that way. I'm ok with taking a break from online things during that time of year though. There are other things to focus on. And guess what? For me, Christmas isn't even over yet! It was supposed to be, but the family Christmas party we had planned (at our house) for epiphany, got pushed back to this Saturday(I had no say in this), because we were supposed to have bad weather last weekend... that didn't end up happening. So, hopefully this weekend the weather cooperates!

We just started school again yesterday and are getting back into the swing of things. I'm so happy to see you girls carrying on here! You all seem very eager to do some things in 2018! Debbie, congratulations on Farmgirl of the Year! That is so exciting! I just read about it in the Sister Issue. It was so nice to hear some things I didn't know about you, and see your barn, quilts and your beautiful smiling face! Sometimes I think it's kind of funny that none of us really know what each other look like!

Happy New Year to you all! I'm happy to be back online, and to check out the new badges... they all look so appealing!

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Farmgirl of the Month - March 2016

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
895 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2018 :  11:42:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So nice to hear from you, Erin! I hope we can keep up the enthusiasm with our little group all year long!

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

April 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2018 :  11:55:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Erin! I LOVE the snowflake picture!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2018 :  11:28:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All of our snow is melting! It's all muddy right now outside. It's supposed to snow again tomorrow night though. Last night it said 8-10 inches but today only 1-3. Weird that it would change so much in such a short time. I'm glad it's going to snow again. So much better to have the ground all snowy than the sad winter brown that's underneath!

Look at this cute bird feeder made from a teacup! Isn't that so cute?

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
895 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2018 :  11:57:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erin - that's adorable!! I love it! I put a bird feeder up and it's my favourite - I saw blue jays, wood peckers, chungals and chickadees out there in the last week. We put it right in view of our dining room table so I can look at them while eating. They are so beautiful! We have lots of snow - well, not as much as we usually have yet, but certainly more than most parts of the country I imagine. Today piggy got out - sigh - could walk right over the fence with the snowfall we had yesterday. She went up to the road (our driveway is LONG) so I called her off the road as a truck was coming, she runs over to me, sits down I pet her and the truck goes by. The look on that guys face...I don't think he believed what he saw!! We finally got her into the fenced pasture - not her home, but one with a higher fence that the cows go in for their summer home. Sadly, piggy's life will be coming to an end soon as she must (this is for your son, Shannon) become very cold. ;)

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2018 :  2:29:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my goodness what a picture that must have been! Ha! I laughed out loud, but it probably wasn't very funny for you at the time. We have a fenced in area for our dogs and they have gotten out a couple times and there's always a sinking feeling when I realize it and worry about them and have to chase them down, or worse, drive around to find them, which has happened a couple times. Our malamute got out last week and I had to go look for her but by the time I got all bundled up to go out she was just walking around our front yard. She loves a good romp in the snow!

I always see blue jays in our spruce out our kitchen window. They are such a lovely sight!

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

4057 Posts

Debbie Fischer
Coos Bay OR
4057 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2018 :  04:16:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We finally got our first really good snow since last year, a good two inches. We sure needed it!
Last night I went out about 9pm and it was so Beautiful, so quiet and peaceful.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Farmgirl if the Month for:
September 2012, February 2018 and September 2022
“My altars are My Mountains and the Ocean.” Lord Bryon
When I am old I am wearing Purple. I am Old!!

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9467 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9467 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2018 :  04:23:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Isn't that so calming, Deb? I just love a new fallen snow. We don't have much of ours left. What's left is dirty and the ground is all brown.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2018 :  5:07:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love that fresh fallen snow at night time. Our ground sounds like yours, Denise. All brown and yucky. It was so mild out, I actually had the windows open today! The temp is supposed to drop 20 degrees tonight. Hopefully our yucky ground gets covered with new snow tomorrow!

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2018 :  5:38:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know when you wake up in the middle of the night and you know that it's snowed because it's so quiet?? I love that sound!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9467 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9467 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2018 :  6:09:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, me too Debbie! It's a feeling a serenity.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2018 :  08:00:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We do have just a light covering of snow now. Just enough to make it look pretty, and very "January". We had our final Christmas party yesterday, so I'll be working on taking down Christmas decorations today, and moving Kilian into his own room. He's becoming such a "tweener". It's a little terrifying. I'm staying home from church this morning with Noelle, who got sick last night :( poor little lady. Hopefully between today and tomorrow we can get the things done that we need. Holiday weekends are the best!

I saw this picture called "pine snowflakes" and thought I'd share it with you girls. So clever!

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2018 :  1:39:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Denise...it does sound like serenity!
Hope you get everything you need accomplished this weekend, Erin and that Noelle is on the mend.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

GinghamGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

895 Posts

Joyce
PE
Canada
895 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2018 :  4:21:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful, Erin! I’m praying Noelle is better soon.

Joyce Hein
Sister #6071

Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2018 :  7:51:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Debbie! We got it done. My not-so-little Kilian is sleeping in his own room! Crazy.

Thank you Joyce and Debbie. Noelle is much better. She was her old stinky self by mid-day! I say that with love. <3

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

forgetmenot
True Blue Farmgirl

364 Posts

Judith
Nora Springs IA
USA
364 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2018 :  10:40:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, Erin! I especially love the picture of the pine snowflakes! Besides enjoying how beautiful it is...I suddenly had a picture in my head of yards full of the plastic flamingos. It would be fun to make these pine snowflakes in someones yard for people to wake up to...like my married kids. Hmmm. Yeah, I know. I'm a nut.

Farmgirl sister #3926

"Courage is not the absence of fear, but the belief that something is more important than fear." Ambrose Red Moon
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2018 :  12:56:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ha! Judith, that would be fun. I'd love to wake up to that! I was not loving the snow today. The roads were awful all the way to our little church that we have our co-op in. It's supposed to keep snowing here until 7 tonight. It's been steady all day.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Sabrina

Germany
66 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2018 :  5:00:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful pics. Unfortunately the snow and cold here has zapped my motivation to do much :( . Feeling unmotivated and overwhelmed is not a good combination!!

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com
*Journal Through The Bible*The Life Giving Home Study*Homemaker's Bookclub*
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9467 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9467 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2018 :  5:08:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sabrina,
I've been feeling that way too. Can't wait for some warmer temps.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2018 :  05:54:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aw, Sabrina that is a bad combo. I always feel like Jan/Feb is the hardest for homeschooling. I don't know if that's what your referring to but that always becomes the most difficult for me around this time. I was sick the last 2 days with a stomach bug that (thankfully!) doesn't appear to be affecting the rest of my family. It may have been food poisoning. Jason stayed home from work yesterday and did school with the kids and I was in bed all day. After that, I feel a little more motivated to get up and do things!

All of our snow will probably melt today! So sad. It's all about to be mud!

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

Sobyn
True Blue Farmgirl

66 Posts

Sabrina

Germany
66 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2018 :  4:57:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erin, homeschooling, housekeeping, blogging, everything. Luckily we had a couple warmer days that have helped lift my mood a bit.

Sabrina

Farmgirl Sister #3275
February 2016 Farmgirl of the Month
http://kidscrunchandchrist.com
*Journal Through The Bible*The Life Giving Home Study*Homemaker's Bookclub*
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2018 :  09:34:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear you. It can definitely be overwhelming. My housework is suffering right now. I need to do some hardcore dusting today, and at least one load of laundry. Jason hung some shelves for me in the kitchen yesterday that we've been meaning to hang for the past... oh... 3 years.. haha! I finally ordered the brackets for them and they came this week. We also burned two couches with our Christmas tree yesterday. I missed it because I was getting dinner ready at the time, but Jason said that it 's literally just a spring left. I'm so glad those couches are gone.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9467 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9467 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2018 :  11:31:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am here with the two littlest girls. Babysitting while Leslie is out getting what she needs for meals till the move. We are moving everything this weekend. JT is coming Friday and we will leave Monday morning. I will have been here a little over two weeks helping out and I'm glad to have the time to spend with them. Though I know I have things waiting for me at home. I always love my time with the girls. I do have 3 grands at home and one of them is having a birthday before I get back. So that's hard because he will be 8 and I have never missed one of his birthdays. I was still in the process getting my binder done and organized so that is something I want to do as soon as I get back.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 29 2018 11:32:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2018 :  1:53:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise I hope you had a nice time with them. That must be hard to divide your time like that and balance where you need to be. Let us know how your binder is coming along once you get back into the swing of things at home!

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic January brings the snow... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page