Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Toasting our toes by the fire~ Jan 2018
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Toasting our toes by the fire~ Jan 2018 Next Topic
Page: of 8

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2018 :  05:43:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been watching the TV ads for buying pet food on-line. Yesterday I decided to check Chewy.com out and liked what I saw. Ordered Annie's dry dog food, treats, black oil sunflower seeds and a bird feeder. Ordered enough to get free shipping. Ordered it yesterday and it should be here today.

I saved money on her food by buying a larger bag which my store doesn't carry - same for bird seed. And - I get to skip one whole aisle when grocery shopping. Every aisle I don't have to go down is energy saved. I'm a one-stop shopper so even if I could find it cheaper at Wal-Mart or Atwoods (farm store) I do my best to stay out of big stores.

I may have to give impatiens a try this year to see how they do in my shady spots. I have more shade than sunny spots.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2018 :  08:43:19 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Impatiens do grow here and I think I will get some of them. First I need to add some good mulch; that was one of the things my landscaper did not do before he stiffed me. GRRR! I'd like a colorful spot there.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1225 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1225 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2018 :  2:35:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, I too order all my pet food, cat litter and treats. I actually get all mine from Wal-Mart.com. I only go to town once sometimes twice a month and it is an all day trip to complete all my errands for the farm and house, so if I am able to eliminate some of the stops by having things delivered, I sure will. Plus it is delivered to my door and I don't have to do all the lifting, loading and unloading. I get the largest sizes available and always get free shipping. Impatiens add so much color to shady spots. I always get several flats and stick them in old wagons, planters etc. that are shaded by trees. They are really easy to grow and don't mind being ignored a bit. We are on vacation this month in Galveston, and after a brief cold snap that froze the pipes in our rental house for a few days, we are now enjoying the warmth and sunshine.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2018 :  3:01:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie glad to know you like having your pet food delivered to your door.

I Googled impatiens and they are pretty. Just wish they came in yellow too. I'm partial to yellow and red flowers so I will look for the reddish ones I can find. Orange may do or white.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9540 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9540 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2018 :  5:18:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Julie,
Soak in all the warm and sunshine that you can!! It's so cold here. (visiting the kids in Ohio to help with the girls while they move) so I'm sure it is still freezing cold at your home!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2018 :  5:25:34 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Julie - will you be coming up my way to east Texas from Galveston? If so, please stop in. Give me a call and let me know.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2018 :  7:19:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Wednesday everyone. Each day I feel good is a great day! Saw some sun today, got things accomplished in the house. It's been a beautiful day. Now off to bed. Good night all.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1225 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1225 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2018 :  7:20:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Believe me Denise, I am soaking in as much as I can. We don't head home until February 9th so have a few more weeks to enjoy it. We missed the bitter cold snap at home and if we are lucky, we I'll miss the next one as well. Linda, I am not sure what way we will head home. We just put our address into on star and follow what she tells us. As long as my husband pays attention it is all good. On the way down he took a wrong turn in Kansas City and we ended coming through Arkansas instead of going through Oklahoma. It wasn't a bad oops, as we drove through some beautiful country. But if we get close to you I will be sure to call or send you a message. Once he heads that car North though it is hard to get him to stop for anything other than the bathroom. Hope you get warmer weather soon Denise.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9540 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9540 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2018 :  06:15:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Julie! I do envy you getting the warmth. Ohio is definitely not at all close to warm right now. Thought there is no snow on the ground right now, it might actually be warmer if we had some.
I am here an extra week so home will probably seem warm to me. I hope so anyway.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2018 :  06:25:56 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Julie - IF you are going through Oklahoma, you will probably come pretty near me. Please give me a call when you find out your route. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2018 :  07:57:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today is clean house day and so far so good. All floors done except guest/computer room which has carpet. Might get to it tomorrow. Wet Swiftening is so much easier than vacuuming. Laundry in washing machine and when it's done it's piddle time.

I finished the story I was writing yesterday so I'm taking a couple of days off before starting a new one. I know the plot, murderer, but not the victims or what happens along the way to Pearl as she solves it.

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3527 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3527 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2018 :  05:42:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, this last story was one of my favorites! I feel like I know Pearl, almost as if she really existed. She does live a charmed life!,

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2018 :  06:18:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie it was one of my favorites too. So far Widows' Pew is my all time favorite. There's a little of me in Pearl when it comes to her opinions but that's where it stops - no way are you going to find me in a dark barn after dark looking for evidence.

I named Pearl after my mother's mother who died when she was ten. Pearl's picture hangs in my guest/computer room and I see it every time I look up from my laptop. Wished I had known her. Pearl Jones was her married name and Glass her maiden name. My mother's middle name was Glass. That's how Brodie Glass was named. Where Brodie came from I have no idea - it just popped into my head.

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3527 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3527 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2018 :  2:31:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, these connections with your characters are wonderful and I love how the family connections are there!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2018 :  3:05:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like they are all so different yet such good friends. Us women need our support system of other women. That's why SPG is so important for all of us. It's a safe place for us to be.

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2018 :  08:53:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My thoughts on dusting. Don't know why it's so hard for me to get started dusting my house because once I get started I keep going like the energizer bunny. I like touching my things, holding them, and seeing them up close like for the first time. I remember which shop I found them in or who gave it to me. Many of my things I inherited from family so I think on them. Dusting should be a privilege and not a chore I hope to remember that the next time my house needs a good dusting.

Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2018 :  1:52:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, it's so great to have a writer in our henhouse. Keep it up Sara.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2018 :  2:00:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Bonnie, if you would like to receive my little stories by e-mail send me a PM. Those that read them overlook typos and the odd word. I am working on chapter 2 of latest story. I have four finished stories. All easy reading, fairly short, and I hope a fun read.

Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2018 :  7:37:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm very grateful for the friends I've made here. It is a safe place to visit with other Farm Sisters.

As for dusting, you have a good point Sara. Thanks for making us think.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2018 :  9:34:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara's stories are so great, I think they are and they just keep me on the edge of my seat, Thanks Sara. Keep it up.
The next story is going to be great, I love Pearl and her friends.
hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2018 :  04:20:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brenda, We live with our things that bring us pleasure but overtime we take them for granted and look at them without really seeing them. I find that with decluttering I actually enjoy what is left more since individual pieces don't get lost in the clutter of having too much. What's left after decluttering is what we really want and love.

Darlene I am so happy you like Pearl and her friends. I'm having fun writing my new story - what would be better than cowboys and zombies.

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2018 :  11:28:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The yellow tulips I planted last fall in a large container are emerging - all is well in my Little Eden.

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2018 :  1:55:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are so right Sara, it is just hard work.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2018 :  5:40:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, I agree. Especially after mom's passing. It certainly makes a person see what is really important and all we can dispose of and not leave a lot behind for family to deal with. Keep only the things that very special.

I like Pearl too. Read the first story and enjoyed it very much. On to the next. It fascinates me how people can write stories, either fact or fiction, and keep it all straight. Not a talent I have. I struggle just to put something on a card lol... but glad others can. Reading brings me a lot of joy.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2018 :  05:34:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brenda so glad you liked my little story. Wrote a couple of paragraphs yesterday before MS mental fatigue set in. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day for writing because I woke this morning with MS mental fatigue.

Saturday I had what I call my super good days and I have them several times a year. Never know when they will show up or how long during the day it will last. Saturday I was able to can two batches of chicken broth and write most of chapter 1. Also kept dishes done and did a load of kitchen towels. Now you know why I call them my super good days.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Toasting our toes by the fire~ Jan 2018 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page