Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Toasting our toes by the fire~ Jan 2018
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Toasting our toes by the fire~ Jan 2018 Next Topic
Page: of 8

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2018 :  7:47:50 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So sorry to hear Emi has had a fever. I hope you find out what to do about internal chicken pox and she gets better soon.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2018 :  10:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah Shannon, that was just like my daughter had. I don't know what they will do for Emi, but the Benadryl helped her with the itching and pain in her throat until she was over it.
That was something else.
Your all in my prayers.

Love you all.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9540 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9540 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2018 :  04:09:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Shannon,
Poor Emi! Praying they find something to help her with those internal pox. I've never heard of them being inside the mouth or throat. Hope you all recover quickly from the sicknesses.

I am doing much better. I have been putting Neosporin on my nose. It's really sore from blowing and wiping. And chapstick has also become my friend.

Went to lunch with a couple of friends yesterday. It felt good to get out.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 13 2018 04:09:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2018 :  05:06:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon I hope all your children have a better day today.

Denise glad to hear you are feeling better.

It's cold here so I plan on a day of piddling, writing, and maybe a wee bit of decluttering. If it's only a wee bit of decluttering it may should go in the piddling group. Anyway y'all get the idea how my day will go. Here's to all of us enjoying our Saturday.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2018 :  05:13:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Praying for Emi. That would be awful. Hope she is better.

Not sure what the day is going to bring, but I want to get some things made for Valentine's. Maybe some sewing too. Sometimes it's kind of tough getting things done with having my DH home 24/7. Lol... The love of my life.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9540 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9540 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2018 :  06:58:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was feeling better yesterday so I did some cleaning and sorting of pictures from my dad. I put envelopes with names on and started sorting pics into them. I have kept a lot but I have many of the same ones so they are all being dispersed. I have loads more to go through.

Not feeling all that well today. Wishing the wind would stop. It makes such a difference. We are up on a hill and it blows across the fields right to the front of the house.

Hope your family is on the mend Shannon. Have a great day everyone!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 14 2018 07:02:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2018 :  08:18:16 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Shannon - I hope Emi feels better soon.
Denise - Feel better soon. These winter colds and flus are terrible.

I need to start making some spring and Valentines things to put into the little shop I have things in. Also some generic items, including kitchen theme, country theme, and birthdays. Of vourse, the house needs cleaning, too.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2018 :  09:31:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys! Emi seems to be doing better, thank you for your prayers! Sadly it looks like Jenni might be getting them!!!!! Not sure what we are going to do! I had been told nursing her should protect her! But it doesn't look like it. Hopefully it will be a super mild case!!!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2018 :  10:01:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Continued praying for you all Shanon, and prayers for quick healing for Jenni.
hugs and love

Blessings everyone.

Farmgirl # 4943

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2018 :  10:06:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My sister Bobbie and I went to Braum's for their sack of burgers than to the Salvation Army. I found a vintage basket to hang in the Yellow Rose Cottage until I have a need for it. Also a tapestry pillow with a basket weave bee hive. I'll put in on my front porch in the spring. I don't decorate for holidays anymore but I do like to deck out my front porch for the changing seasons.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2018 :  12:50:56 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You find some of the greatest deals, Sara. You go, girl!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2018 :  12:58:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today was a good day, Linda. But I'm a little disappointed at some of the vintage things that were marked the price you would expect to buy in a shop. I shop thrift stores for real bargains not antique shop prices. Now that I'm on the subject of prices I don't like garage sales or estate sales that ask shop prices. Getting off my soap box now and going to fix me a cup of tea - come join me - all are welcomed.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2018 :  2:14:05 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I so agree with you, Sara. Too many people over-price their items then wonder why they don't sell.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3527 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3527 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2018 :  2:15:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HI Sara, I would love to come and share a cup of tea with you today! Saturday, I went up the road to Waldo, Fl. where there is a huge flea market and antique mall that has been in business for years. It was cold out so I only went to the antique mall store and I was surprised at some of the prices that I saw! I did find a couple of cute things for a few dollars that I liked so the trip was not a bust. I think people will try and make the price high in hopes of finding a buyer. However, from the frequent sales signs in the various booths, it is evident that most viewers were not going to pay for the asking price.

Shannon, I hope your children are doing better. What an outbreak!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2018 :  7:33:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For a couple of months I have been selling vintage and handmade items. The most difficult part is pricing. I want to get a good deal too, but want to make money. The booth I have is in a new and used bookstore. They rent booths on a monthly basis. It's not really a flea market or resale shop. More like an antique shop, but not really that either.

One booth is packed with clothing and accessories for American Girl dolls. One is basically wood working. High end knitted items in Another. Another jewelry. Local artists sell paintings and photography. And More! Then all the books. Love this place! Look up The Book Cottage, Jackson, Michigan on Facebook to see pictures.

Any suggestions on pricing would be welcome.
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2018 :  03:47:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been up since 3 a.m. There's a huge fire one house down from mine. So sad! Thankfully, everyone is safe. Gorgeous old house bought last year. The owners have been doing renovations to turn it into a future b&b. Luckily, they were not living in the house. We made the call to inform them about their house as we know them.

The fire started in the boiler room.

Horribly cold today! So grateful for the fire fighters. Everything in ones life seems so trivial when you witness such an event.

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Jan 16 2018 03:53:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9540 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9540 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2018 :  03:50:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole,
That is sad. Glad everyone is okay. It is a terrible loss to them I am sure.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2018 :  04:07:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, it's frightening and sad. Yes, an event like this fire does put things into perspective.

I got up at four but awake since three. The EMTs are housed down the street from me so at night I often see their flashing lights as they pass my house. My bed faces the window overlooking my front porch so I can see their lights through the drapes. We had a sprinkling of snow last night that turned to ice so when I saw their lights at three o'clock I knew someone was in trouble. I always pray for the EMTs that they are safe as they care for others in need of prayer also.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2018 :  08:55:15 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
WOW! That was a beautiful old house, Carole. Thankfully no one was there. I hope your house was kept safe from flying embers. Firemen are wonderful people - they have to go out in some of the worst weather to fight fires. Prayers always for all EMTs, firemen, and police.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2018 :  1:11:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, lots of excitement today in my neighborhood. With the gallons of water they used to put out the fire, it made for unsafe conditions. When I was finally able to leave my house (around 11 a.m.), this is what I saw at the near end of the street. A propane truck in the ditch. He was logged in there well. Our volunteer fire department were sure busy today

Bulldozer did show up and started tearing down the back of the house where the fire started. This is what this beautiful home looks like now from the back.

For now, I'm in cyber print. You can check it out here: http://www.pressrepublican.com/news/firefighters-battle-champlain-fire-in-frigid-temperatures/article_781980be-facd-11e7-81f2-af5e88c0d7e9.html

I just feel so badly for Jeff and Renee, the owner of the house. They had put so much work into it. The house was stunning. I feel for their loss.

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9540 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9540 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2018 :  5:47:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So very sad it is now in such a state.

Hope they were able to get the propane truck out safely.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2018 :  7:27:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh how sad for them. So glad no one was hurt. It looked like a beautiful place. I love B&B's. A lot more cozy then hotels and motels. A huge loss for them. Praying for them.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2018 :  11:28:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow Carole, how sad for those owners, so costly for them. Do they know what happen to the furnace to start the fire? I sure am glad it didn't spread and that no one was hurt. I am glad you are ok too. Praying for fire fighters and owners.

hugs and blessings.

Farmgirl # 4943

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2018 :  07:46:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's up to 13 now but I'm not getting out - too cold for this FarmGirl. Will go out in a little bit and start my car and let it run for 15 minutes. I did it yesterday but it's a 1995 so it requires a little babying. I bought it new and in jest told the salesman I would be driving it when I was 80. As of March 1 I will have 4 years to go to make that statement true. Time sure gets away when I look back it only seems like only last year I drove it out the dealership parking lot.

That's enough of that. I hope to work on Chapter 7 today. Wrote little yesterday - couldn't stay focused. Did make a crustless pumpkin pie last night. I'm not much of a baker but I can mix a can of pumpkin and can milk together. lol Felt good to have the oven on.

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3527 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3527 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2018 :  3:24:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Carole, what a heart breaking story for your neighbors!! Thankfully they were not injured but I bet they are devastated!

Forecast is for 22 degrees here tonight! Brrrrrrrr!!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Toasting our toes by the fire~ Jan 2018 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page