Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Toasting our toes by the fire~ Jan 2018
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Toasting our toes by the fire~ Jan 2018 Next Topic
Page: of 8

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2018 :  8:21:56 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So glad to see you posting, Brenda. Missed you!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2018 :  7:58:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Linda. Good to be back.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9540 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9540 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2018 :  8:22:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So good to hear from you Brenda! I know what you mean about giving things away. It seems we never have good luck selling anything and always end up giving things away too.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3527 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3527 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2018 :  10:30:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I think I have something Ebay customers might want, I try posting to see what happens. If after a few re-posting efforts, if the item doesn't move, I just donate it to the thrift store. Most clothing is very hard to resell, but electronics and collectible things seem to move much better. It all depends on what you want to get rid of and if you want to fool with the questions and shipping on Ebay.

The weather is warming up a bit today and supposed to get even warmer the rest of the week before another cold spell happens. It has been nice to have a bit of winter again this year. I j=have some new yarn I am knitting up into a simple shawl that I hope to wear before the heat returns.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2018 :  12:38:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been working on chapter 4 of latest story but like I told Marilyn I have yet to come up with who the victim or murderer are must less the motive. First time I have written a story that unfolds for me as I go. I'll have to keep writing so I will know what's going on. Must say I am having fun and have no idea where I'm headed.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9540 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9540 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2018 :  12:56:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Staying where the warm is today. Dealing with a sore throat. Both humidifiers running. So I'm drinking honey and lemon and chicken broth for lunch.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2018 :  12:58:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise I am so sorry you are not feeling well. Hope for a swift recovery.

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2018 :  8:24:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad you are back Brenda,
Thanks for the Ebay tip Winnie, I have tried to sell stuff on there and have watchers but not good luck with the auctions, The other thing about Ebay and Paypal are the fees they take out sometimes you don't get much out of what sell.

Sara, keep up the good work on writing, I love reading it. I have had a chance since I got home to read the new one yet but looking forward too it.I am just tired still from the trip. I was slow at work today too.

Denise how are you feeling? I hope better, and the honey and lemon ought to help, the weather sure doesn't. Take care.
Have a wonderful night everyone.

hugs and love

We had rain today, not horrible though. I have this rambling tomato plant and it had to sets of cherry tomatoes come on and they were green when I left, and today they were turning I hope they keep it up. we shall see.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2018 :  9:04:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, that seems like an interesting approach to write a story. Glad your are enjoying your writing. I love to read.

The weather here has warmed up. In the 30's for a few days then back into the teens for the weekend.

Hope you're getting better Denise.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2018 :  06:56:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning everyone! Things here are going alright... I'm still trying to heal, but now have the flu as well. We also have five children with the chickenpox! Our 8 yo dd had them first and thankfully made it through. She doesn't have a very good immune system due to vaccinations... We were worried when she got them, but thankfully she did fairly well. The only ones without them are my oldest (14) and Jenni (the newborn). Katie MAY have gotten the vaccine... it started in 2005... she was born in 2003... but she received vaccines until Sammi had issues, in 2009.... so she may have gotten the vaccines. Jenni will hopefully be safe as she is exclusively breastfed, so she is getting my antibodies.

I've been trying to get my house organized... I started with the kitchen. How in the world do I lose lids to my glass containers??? I swear they are with the socks I can never seem to find! I'm also putting contact paper on my shelves.... All the ones with dishes are done now, but I need to do the shelves with food.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2018 :  07:32:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon my heart goes out to you and the kids with the flu or chicken pox. Prayer offered up.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9540 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9540 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2018 :  07:41:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, sorry to hear you have so many under the weather. Fighting sinusitis myself. It always starts with that sore throat.

Finally, after all my trying to have good intentions with the Christmas decor and tree it is down and we are finishing up getting it put away.

I have the 2 oldest grands today. Charlie has an appt with his endocrinologist. The kids are playing games and trying to keep their distance so they don't get this.

Hope everyone else is staying well.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jan 09 2018 07:42:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1269 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1269 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2018 :  08:21:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Morning Everyone, Denise and Shannon hope both of you get to feeling better soon. And Shannon hope the kids are doing better, those chickenpox can be painful for the little ones.
Everyone here is good for the moment, trying to stay well. I think I have all my Christmas put away and look around and see something I missed, oh well I'll get it all one of these days.
Sorry I've been gone for a little while, life does that to you every once in a while. Hoping everyone's new year has started on a good note. Take care everyone

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2018 :  10:09:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are enjoying awhile longer of our tree and decorations up. My 8 yo dd turns 9 on the 16th. She always requests to keep the tree up until after that :)

Sherry - It is interesting you mentioned that chicken pox can be painful for little ones. My 4 yo and 2 yo just asked if they could go lay down, because it hurts! I've always just thought about them itching, not hurting.

Denise - sure hope you feel better and that the endocrinologist appt goes super well!!!

Sara - thank you for the prayers!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2018 :  10:11:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Prayers for everyone! So many sick family and friend here in Tennessee. High of almost 60 today and maybe Snow Friday, Saturday!

Connie
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9540 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9540 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2018 :  10:26:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Charlie's endo appt went great! His A1C is better than perfect. They were very pleased with everything and he likes this dr.

Last night was rough but today has been much better. I have been able to get a lot done. No one is home today so that helps when it comes to getting things done. I don't have any one under foot and undoing things I've done.

I hope you and your family are doing better today. Praying that everyone stays well.
We are having much nicer weather which helps a lot with the mood as well.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2018 :  10:33:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay for Charlie!!! Prayers for all !

Connie
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2018 :  7:12:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope everyone is better soon. My heart and prayers go out to all of you.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9540 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9540 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2018 :  04:15:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I still have this hanging on. Yesterday was better but I woke this morning and it's worse. I thought about sleeping in the recliner so I could breathe easier but didn't. Tonight I will.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2018 :  05:01:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise I hope today is a better day for you and prayer offered up.

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3527 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3527 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2018 :  1:20:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Adding my name to the list of Farmgirls that have been sickl! I have had a regular nasty head cold the past two days that has had me just keeping a low profile and blowing my nose constantly!! LOL!!

Shannon, Hope your children don't have a bad case of Chickenpox. It totally makes them miserable and often with high fevers. The first symptom my second one presented was a fever of 106 degrees before any of the bumps appeared. I hope they are all getting well fast and that you get to feeling much better too!

Denise, I hope today is much better for you too! These awful colds can make one miserable for days.

Other than resting with a cold, I got my MJF Planner up and going for 2018 again. I found some great calendar inserts at my local Ofice Max so I went with that option. Then I also cut out some monthly pictures from an old Gooseberry Patch booklet so that each month has a fun and bright picture that fits the season. When I was still working, we all used planners similar to MJF planner and I can't function without one. It helps me keep on track and also contains all sorts of notes and ideas located in the back pages. I have used computer and phone calendar systems, but I just prefer the old fashioned way!! LOL!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2018 :  1:32:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Praying for all to get well from the colds, flu's and chicken pox. When my youngest was in 4th grade she got the chicken pox just before school got out. It was weird and poor thing had them so bad they were inside her mouth as well, they had to give her Benedrill because of the itching. It wasn't fun for any of us. That was a hard way to start summer, When my oldest had them she only had two.
Anyway everyone take care and feel better.
hugs and love
darlene

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9540 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9540 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2018 :  06:56:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Feeling so much better today. Looking forward to getting out and getting some things done. Getting over being sick always makes me want to dig in and get something done!

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2018 :  6:34:46 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Ed and I just got back from San Antonio (2 days), visiting a friend of his (1 day), and 2 days of driving (1 each way). Had a great time.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2018 :  7:37:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise - glad you are feeling better!

Winnie - hoping you feel better soon!

Had my hubby take Emi (our 2 yo) to the ER yesterday for dehydration and being unable to get her fever down using both motrin and tylenol. Come to find out, she has chicken pox in her throat!!! The poor doctor has no idea what to do about internal chicken pox, so we are watching her and hoping for the best. Anyone have experience??? Thankfully we have been able to keep her fevers reasonable today (under 102).

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Toasting our toes by the fire~ Jan 2018 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page