Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Sitting by a fire with friends - Dec 2017
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting by a fire with friends - Dec 2017 Next Topic
Page: of 5

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2017 :  7:15:54 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I will be getting more and better pictures taken by Ed's granddaughter. These were taken with my cell phone. Thanks for the congratulatory messages.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1225 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1225 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2017 :  07:04:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Linda and Ed. What a wonderful Christmas you had. I wish you both many happy days.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2017 :  3:19:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations Linda and Ed!!!!!

Thank you for your prayers everyone!!! I had my c-section in November (which was horrific as my spinal did not work), ended up needing another procedure the beginning of December due to complications from the cesarean, and then ended up with an infection from that procedure. I am finally getting back on my feet <3

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9544 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9544 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2017 :  3:33:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon,so glad to see you but so sorry for all you've gone through. Hope you are now on the road to recovery.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2017 :  4:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for all the congratulatory messages.

Shannon - so sorry to hear about your complications. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Dec 27 2017 4:34:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2017 :  7:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm so sorry I've been so MIA, I haven't been able to open Christmas cards yet although I promise to set aside an hour to do so tomorrrow. The few I have opened I have proudly displayed on my room divider. I can't wait to get them all up there and take a picture. It was such an honor and pick-me-up during a really rough time to get farmgirl mail, even when I couldn't open it!

I also have 2 RAOK's to open but I think they are mainly for the main forum. If I forget anyone please don't take offense if I miss thanking you individually for reading them all at one time will be quite an undertaking!

If had some major medical, emotional, and financial problems that have pulled me away from anything fun. And you gals make my day! I think I got all my swap on time or shortly after the due date. I do hope I haven't offended anyone. From my days of being a teacher, I know how much deadlines mean!

I will be going to the main forum; hopefully tomorrow. If you are interested in the 10" fabric swap, I did go on the main forum and post the new information regarding that.

Hopefully, I'm back to stay, but if I have to duck away for time you have an understanding why.

Thanks!!

Katie #7422
Friends are the flowers that bloom in life's garden.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2017 :  06:56:49 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Katie - I'm so sorry to hear that your Christmas was more problematic than fun. We are here for you - any time. nd farmgirl mail is always such a pick-me-up. Take care and dont overtax yourself.

I will be in for the 10" squares swap. I'll go there now and sign up.

Today will hopefully be a clean-up day (at least a start too do so) at home. I have 3 pillow cases and 2 or 3 nurse-type caps to make for my DIL to use at work. Since they won't be home until Jan 13 to celebrate Christmas I still have some time to make them. But I DO need to de-clutter the dining room. LOL!

Stay in and stay warm today - temps will mostly be in the 30s today - MAYbe some low 40s.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2017 :  08:08:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's cold here but will be getting colder. Hopefully no rain so no ice. How cold - below freezing daytime and in the high teens & twenties at night. So my cleaning house will be extended for another week. Don't plan on getting out until it warms up a bit.

I wrote this morning so it's was a good start to my day. Finished chapter one but have to edit. On a writing roll so may start chapter two sometime today.

In the evenings I've been reading seed/plant catalogues. Have found several things I want but the shipping costs doubles the cost so I won't be ordering from those catalogs. Will stick with Mountain Valley Nursery, Botanic Interests, and Baker for now. Kelly's the local fruit & veg stand has herb & flower plants in the spring so I will look at what they have. Love thinking and planning for the new year of gardening. Gardening gives me hope for a better year.

The Lord has seen me through the roughest thing I have ever had to endure the lost of my son so whatever 2018 has in store for me I know He will be with me every step of the way. It'll be a new beginning for me - a life without Dustin - just me and the Lord. I have my sisters and family but when it comes down to it all anyone of us have in the quietness of the night is the Lord. May the Lord bless and keep us all.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2017 :  10:06:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, you have such a way with words! Bless you! We do not always have control over what happens in our life, however we have control on how we choose to view it and cope with it.

This year has been full of challenges for me. Although I grew and learned from them, I'm not saying that at times I wasn't kicking and screaming along the way! Sometimes I think I'm still kicking and screaming! lol It is what it is and I'm fine with it. What has kept me sane is my morning ritual, writing in my gratitude journal (I have so much to be grateful), and journaling my thoughts in my personal journal! I've learned so much about myself, allowing me to make changes along the way. I love what Marianne Williamson says "the truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off!" That was the basis of my first sermon, change and how we choose to view life.

If anyone wants to read my first sermon, I posted it here: http://caroleprevost.blogspot.com/2017/12/life-happens.html

I have another sermon to give tomorrow - A new beginning! I still have some tweaking to do, so I best get going!

Enjoy the day everyone! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Dec 30 2017 10:53:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2017 :  10:27:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, You inspire me! since we share the same MonSter! Note the Capital letters are MS.
Carole, Loved your sermon!!
Katie, One day at a time! We understand!!!
I got this catalog this week!

Connie
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9544 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9544 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2017 :  11:42:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Katie,
Sorry you have had just a time of it. Hoping the new year will be a better year for all!

Carole, will you be doing sermons on a regular basis or are you filling in? I enjoyed reading your first one.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Dec 30 2017 11:43:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2017 :  2:45:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, thank you for taking the time to read my post. The congregation does not have a minister at the moment, so the worship team, which I am now a part, plans for visiting pastors and spiritual speaker. The rest of us fill in! We had a cancellation for Dec 31, so I volunteered to fill in. Woke up inspired and just wrote away. It is pretty much done, I'm just tweaking it. I'll be talking about Benjamin Franklin's 13 virtues - and how, if we want to succeed, we need to work on our character traits and not personality traits!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9544 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9544 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2017 :  3:26:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole,
That sounds like an awesome topoc. Would love to read it if you share on your blog again. We need things to encourage us along the way.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2017 :  7:34:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, your congregation is lucky to have you. Sermon is great!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2017 :  9:25:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Katie, I'm just glad you are still able to be on here. I have communicated with Linda thru text messages.(about her wedding. I think it is nice that she and Ed can travel and take care of each other.) I have had a Flare, if you want to call it that. Christmas eve was an awfully painful day. It started on the 22nd or 23rd and got progressively worse. I even took a big bad pain pill, it did not phase it. I only resort to that to break the pain cycle, but this time it did not work. Slowly it is easing up. I told my DIL that I was thankful she was fixing Christmas dinner, because I could not have done it. Sometimes God humbles us, changes our plans and makes us even more grateful. I will continue to work in the pool because my right leg still needs it. I've met several ladies so far and some have been going three to five times a week for three years plus. They all say it is so beneficial and their pain is less. So I will continue on. I hope 2018 is a wonderfully awesome year for each of you as well as me. We have 28° and drizzle that began about noon. So we have a coating of ice on everything above ground level. Bay and Triston just got home from Shreveport where they had Christmas with his mom and family. I am so thankful that God got them here safely. Now I can sleep.Hugs all!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2017 :  05:49:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Carole for the sweet words - they encourage me.
Haven't read your lesson yet but hope to today. New beginnings is perfect for this time of year.

Connie, when I am deep in the fog of MS I often think of you and tell myself if no one else knows how I feel Connie does and that comforts me.

Denise I hope pink eye runs it's course soon and your little ones are better.

Marilyn so sorry you have pain again. Praying for the pain to lift off you.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy

9544 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9544 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2017 :  06:21:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sara. My daughter went to urgent care this morning for herself. I really hope the rest of us can keep it away. They go home on Tuesday. And we really haven't had a chance to do much except clean everything with disinfectant. Christmas was nice with them. Hoping the other grandkids didn't get it while they were all together.

Denise~~

Sister #43

www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2017 :  07:41:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning to everyone!

1. I'm so sorry I've been MIA. A little about my condition...RSD (now called CRPS just to complicate matters) is mainly a progressive pain condition. It ranks above amputation and natural childbirth on the McGill pain scale. The thing is, those things are acute and mine is chronic. Every day I wake up and I know my pain level will be between a 6 - 10 and I have to just deal with it. I've been on some strong medications with very little help past the first hour after taking and one of the side-effects is memory problems. They have since started me on a regimen of 2 immunosuppressants which seem to be helping so now I wake up and know I will be facing a 5 - 8 pain level. Another problem with RSD is that, although it is widely thought to be only a pain condition, it can attack other organs. My skin, for instance, can be extremely sensitive some days so that putting on clothing is unmanageable. It also 2 years ago began to affect the nerves in my digestive tract and I couldn't eat solid food for 2 years. I was finally put on a feeding tube (I think y'all know this part) and had multiple infections and almost died.

2. I have been in and out of the hospital recently between infections and (now it seems to be doing something to my kidneys) and seizures. Doc, my father-in-law, had gone home and between business responsibilities, swaps that I had signed up for, and household responsibilities, I was shot full of holes. I opened my Christmas cards just the other day and I have 3 packages here to open which I will take the time to do today. Doc is back up until mid to late February so even though drives me nuts he really is a big help. He reminds me to take my pills, helps me find things, and is there when I fall.

I just wanted everyone in the henhouse to know where I am and know that I don't mean to be ignoring or hurting anyone's feelings. I'm trying to get a plan in place so that I can be productive more easily.

Thank you girls for being there and I promise to be a better henhouse sister!

Have a great night everyone as we ring in a better, healthier, and more prosperous new year!

Katie #7422
Friends are the flowers that bloom in life's garden.
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2017 :  08:17:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Katie I hope the coming New Year brings you health and healing.

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2017 :  09:48:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, I have told people at my church that I have a Farm Sister that gets it completely what MS is. They don't understand at all how some days it's hard to walk, think, or even talk! Much less play the Piano! My brain fight me tooth and nail when I try to play at church sometimes!
Big Hug!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2017 :  10:01:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Connie you said it so well. The more I talk the more I slur my words - same is true of later in the day - it's hard to focus, talk, and walk. I don't plan anything in the afternoons.

MS is a deceiver in we look healthy so people don't understand how it effects the nerves which in turn effects our muscles. But I am blessed with good mornings on most days and several times a year the good mornings turn into good afternoons. I do my best to use up those days doing whatever I want.

Whether it is MS or another chronic disease it wears on our bodies, minds, and spirits. To fight the depression it brings I trust in the Lord - hope and plan for the coming good days because good days do come.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2017 :  11:56:11 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Katie - Glad your FIL is there to help some, just don't let him bother you too much. LOL!
Connie and Sara - I am learning a lot about MS from you both and hate that you are having to go through all the symptoms you describe.
Marilyn - Thanks for the texts. Farmgirl mail - however it comes - is a great pick-me-up.

Today Ed and I are going to his son's house to play games (from 4-8 PM). So we should be able to get home before the really cold and before the streets get super icy. We are having make-your-own tacos. And his son's in-laws are also going to be there. We are friends with them, too, so will be a good fun time.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting by a fire with friends - Dec 2017 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page