TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2017 :  7:47:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dear Friends I hope you are closely watching IRMA our monster storm on steroids.
BP Earthwatch gives updates. He actually lives in Mississippi, and owns a large boat. So he has had some storm experience. He just recently said this is the strongest storm ever seen in the Atlantic. Please remember that you can get another vehicle, house, etc. but you cannot replace yourself or your family and friends. Please leave if you are in or near the path of this monster. We all know what Harvey did to Texas, but IRMA is even bigger and stronger. Hugs from your land locked farm girl sister, who thinks of you and prays too.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Sep 05 2017 7:48:37 PM

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6081 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6081 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2017 :  8:52:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amen to that, Keep safe and if they say to leave, leave, Prepare what you need to take with you now for yourself and your pets.
Stuff isn't worth your lives and your family.

Take care please.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2017 :  05:00:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, possessions can be replaced. Mementos cannot, I understand; however, if you aren't around to enjoy them, why bother trying to save them? Save yourselves, save your pets - be safe!

Katie #7422
Friends are the flowers that bloom in life's garden.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2017 :  05:54:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have a grocery store chain in Texas named HEB. They have many stores in the Houston area. Yesterday I came across a picture taken inside one of their Houston area stores, after the flooding. It was crazy...not at all what I expected to see. You could not put your feet down to walk around because the floor was carpeted with packages of everything they sell. I guess I thought things would stay in the area where they are shelved...not so. So sad.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2017 :  07:01:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If St Thomas was getting hurricane force winds off of Irma when it was near Antigua which is 220 miles away...what will happen in Florida which seems to only be about 170 miles wide. Please run as fast as you can.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3527 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3527 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2017 :  11:56:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank-you Marilyn and everyone for your prayers and concerns. This storm has us all pretty scared down here in Florida!!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2017 :  2:57:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie you are in my thoughts and prayers. I had a rosary prayer group today and I kept you in my intentions.

Katie #7422
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2017 :  3:04:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am thinking of all my sisters on the east coast. You are in my prayers. Winnie I am thinking of you
my sweet friend. It is scary. Irma is huge.. Been watching it all day. And if that isn't enough Another one is behind her. Jose don't know much about that one yet!! KEEP SAFE!!!!!!!!!!

HUGS Marlee

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2017 :  5:49:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Keep safe all those in the path of these hurricanes!

Farmgirl hugs,

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1225 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1225 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2017 :  6:30:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Praying for all our Florida farmgirls!

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6081 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6081 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2017 :  8:59:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am asking prayer for my son-in- laws mother who lives in Jacksonville area in a trailor, and his father and step mom who live on the west coast of Florida in a apartment complex which is middle southern area of Florida and lives in an apartment complex on a second or third floor, and is not going to evacuate. as far as I know neither is his mom in the trailor. just prayer that they get through this storm safely. Prayer is all I can ask for safety through the storm.
Thank you

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2017 :  05:53:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Darlene, your family is in my prayers during this horrific storm. I hope everyone gets through safely!

Katie #7422
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2017 :  06:01:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That does not sound good Darlene. Prayers

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3527 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3527 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2017 :  06:56:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everyone, we are staying here as there is really no place to run. Being inland and up north, we are praying that the worst of the storm will have passed. For sure there will be power losses for days, trees down, and wind damage in places. However, we get that same problem with spring tornadoes and hurricanes from the past. So, please keep all of us here in Florida in your prayers this weekend. it is scheduled to hit my area Sunday evening through Monday afternoon. If you don't hear from me for a few days, it is because I have no computer. I will check back in after Monday as soon as I can. UGH!! All of us are complaining already that nobody will have AC and it is still miserably hot and humid down here every day. We are all just praying for the best possible outcome!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2017 :  07:02:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, please take care. You and all of FL are in my prayers and thoughts constantly; so much destruction lately! I hope it passes without much damage and you'll be able to check in. Thanks for your update!

Katie #7422
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2017 :  07:03:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie take care. I now pray for Florida and keep on praying for Texas.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2017 :  07:27:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Goodness, what a storm! All those in its path, do take care and be safe. Check in when you can! You will all be in our thoughts and prayers.

I just got off the phone with my Aunt Marge who is close to Orlando. This beautiful woman is 86 years old and what a trooper! She's all set to ride out the storm. Thankfully a friend from the haven will be staying with her during the storm. In the meantime, I am a bit concerned for my sister in law who is presently in Cuba visiting her family. She was "suppose" to come home today but with the storm coming, flights were diverted. She is right on it's path. My brother has not heard from her since yesterday 2 pm. Sigh!

It looks like many will be affected by this huge storm with the movement of water. This video is not making me feel comfortable.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/extremely-dangerous-hurricane-irma-to-batter-hispaniola-to-cuba-and-the-bahamas/70002667

Keep safe everyone!

Farmgirl hugs,

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Sep 08 2017 07:30:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2017 :  07:33:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, Carole, I will keep your family in my prayers!

Katie #7422
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2017 :  08:26:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

If I lived in Florida,especially south Florida, I would have been outta there days ago. When they tell people to get out or write your name and SS# on your arm so your body can be identifie#271;...Why are people still there? A ten foot wall of water pushed by 150mph winds!!!That's scarey! The rains will be heavy, the winds so strong. One guy who chose to remain in Rockport, said the hurricane sounded like a freight train on square wheels...all night long, he said he would never do that again.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2017 :  11:22:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnie, one of our card swap sisters lives in Gainsville too! Prayers that Irma will lose a lot of her strength before she reaches you. Be safe. I wish the folks in South Florida could be surprised by a miss... An Atlantic destination for Irma.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2017 :  2:29:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pray for the people who are stuck on the freeways, 92°, kids out playing by the side of the road and stalled traffic! What a nightmare.And Irma will be category 5 again soon, only one more mile

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2017 :  3:01:45 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Praying for all those in Florida and on the islands in Irma's path. My brother has been working on a job in Cuba and was in Florida driving to Tampa to get a flight out - to where, I don't know. This is a terrible storm. Please stay safe and get out if you can. Super prayers for all those who are remaining in their homes. Winnie, take super care; Darlene, I hope your relatives stay safe; Carole, hopefully your SIL is safe.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2017 :  3:25:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now Mexico needs prayers too. 8.1 earthquake followed by a tsanami...58 dead at last count. Katie is headed into Mexico, they think!
Can it get any crazier??? Yes, I know it can. The huge flares coming off the sun for several days now are not helping us. God help us all!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2017 :  8:11:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you see what Irma just did??? She got a new eye, a bit smaller, and is not turning North yet as they expected. If she continues to sink to the southwest...OH MY!!!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2017 :  11:49:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's crazy!!!!

Thank you everyone for your thought and prayers. SIL is fine! So thankful. My brother is looking into booking a flight back ... not sure how the airports are. We will all breath a sign of relief when she lands in Montreal.

Carole

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2017 :  2:49:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seeing the entire peninsula in red...hurricane warning...is nuts. Irma is huge!
A young family here was planning g to fly to Orlando on Thursday for a make a Wish trip...

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Project Discussions: Previous Topic IRMA Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page