Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 On the porch, quilt on lap chattin' - Sept 2018
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic On the porch, quilt on lap chattin' - Sept 2018 Next Topic
Page: of 7

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2017 :  3:02:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I signed up for a aqua-aerobic class and didn't want to waste my money by missing the first classes so I went today. The hole where they pulled the tube is all blistered. I had to wrap myself in plastic wrap under my bathing suit (what a site!) so that my gastric juices wouldn't leek. They didn't but the chlorine did a number on me. I'm a knuckle-head I suppose but those blistered hurt! Came home to make dinner for my MIL (she cancelled Sunday, then last night) guess what, she cancelled again. I guess I get the night off, LOL.

Still keeping Texas and Florida in my prayers.

Katie #7422
Friends are the flowers that bloom in life's garden.
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
871 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2017 :  3:16:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole I know that was a hard decision to make . I am giving you a big Farmgirl Hug.
Ruth Have you in my prayers.
Katie wow that sound painful.

Sending all my sissies prayers and hugs...............

LUV Marlee

Hugs: Heavens Ultimate Good Sign

OCD: Overly Cute Disposition

Farmgirls: Sisters from Different Gardens
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2017 :  7:08:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The big ole Corn Moon is rising up. I can see it from my bedroom window. It is beautiful.
"I see the moon and the moon sees me,
God bless the moon and God bless me. ( and God bless all of my henhouse sisters, too")

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2017 :  3:56:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Marlee and Marilyn. I'm thinking of all of you this evening and counting my blessings of how I fell into the lap of such a great group!

Katie #7422
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2017 :  5:00:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This IS a great group!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2017 :  5:38:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good evening,

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and hugs. They are very much appreciated. Two more weeks to go and it's a done deal. Hopefully all will be sold, otherwise I'll have a heck of a stash! lol Actually more than half my shop is sold. I just keep reminding myself that I had thousands of yard of fabric! lol

This is such a great group of farmgirls! So blessed to be a part of this henhouse.

Wonderful to be reading about fall decorating. This reminds me, I "should" see if the apple orchard in the next town has opened. I'm sure they have started picking the early varieties.

Linda, did anyone use your pasture during the last hurricane? That was so sweet of you to offer.

Katie, good for you to take aqua aerobics! Do be careful! I will admit, I have been too exhausted to jog in the mornings. I have not done my 2 mile run in a week! Those darn allergies are keeping me awake at night. I feel like I'm drowning ... and no, antihistamine are not helping much!

The weekend before I went to the Essex Fair in Vermont. I was a little disappointed in the lack of animals. It used to be so much bigger. It was the weekend of the 4-hers, always a pleasure to see the kids, their projects and animals etc. Anyway, they had an old gasoline wash tub and reminded me of the farm life! lol

Take care everyone and do keep safe! Goodness, the weather is so scary these days!

Farmgirl hugs,

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Sep 07 2017 5:40:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2017 :  6:54:46 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No one took me up on my offer.

Ed has a friend who has 4 relatives wo all have damaged houses in Houston. We MAY be going down there next week to help clean up, though I can't do much with my knee in the shape it is. PT is helping some - but slowly - and seems to be bothering my hip. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2017 :  7:00:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, I never knew they had gasoline washers. Wow! I had a wringer washer in 1964, and many a diaper was washed in it.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Sep 08 2017 :  05:50:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Please be careful Linda. Tell your PT about your hip, if you haven't already. You don't wan't to end up with another problem. I was misdiagnosed early on and PT aggravated my RSD and help in spread.

Katie #7422
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9546 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9546 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2017 :  6:54:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The gasoline ringer washers are pretty neat. There are Amish around the area that still use them. Hope all goes well for you in the next couple of weeks with the shop Carole.
Things are going slow here. Well some things but we always seem to be quite busy now.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Sep 09 2017 6:56:44 PM
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2017 :  10:38:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Linda make sure your PT knows about your hip so that they don't make you move in a direction you shouldn't be.
they have a tendency to do that.
Take care everyone,
Love you all

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2017 :  11:15:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, are you still planning to go to Panama in October?

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2017 :  07:00:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda and Ed were in Paris yesterday afternoon so they dropped by. Love to have them visit me. She measured my stove for the top she will make and saw the fabric I had to barter; she liked it; so it went home with her. She gifted me a small carrying case with PARIS in large gold letters on it. It now hangs in the cottage on the hall tree. I don't know how she does it but she is always finding Paris pieces for me. Linda like I said yesterday my door is always opened to you and Ed.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2017 :  07:23:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fun times

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2017 :  08:10:26 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, cruise to 7 countries , including Panama City, is still planned for Oct 28-Nov 11. I hope all countries are still available.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3527 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3527 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2017 :  08:16:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How fantastic, Sara, that Linda and Ed live close enough to visit! I am intrigued about what Linda is making for your stove top? What is it going to be?

We are here just waiting for the Hurricane to move up here which is supposed to be over the night and most of tomorrow. Right now , it looks like a category 1 storm which will be serious winds gust up to 110 miles an hour and tons of rain. We are ready with supplies to manage and most everyone here is just sheltering in place. I am thankful for several good neighbors and we have all kept in touch so we can help each other if need be. Thankfully we still have power with the rain bands that have already started. I did one last load of laundry and filled up the dishwasher for a cycle early this am so we are ready for no power for however long it takes.
All of the waiting is nerve wracking for sure! However, I am glad we have TV and cell phones to keep up to date on everything that will be coming and happening so we can be prepared for whatever.

Please keep all of us in Florida in your thoughts and prayers the next 24 -36 hours. This roller coaster ride is not going to be fun!!#@!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2017 :  08:16:53 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the warm welcome, Sara. Ed and I love your country decor. Like I did yesterday, I will ALWAYS call before dropping in on you. No surprises. You can always say NO, don't drop in! I wish I had taken a picture of the case - I knew it was perfect for you. The fabric is perfect for kitchen items. I will make and send off your stove topper soon.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2017 :  08:32:26 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Please stay safe, Winnie. On our tv coverage it is saying a category 3-4 storm. Please keep posted as long as you can with your cell phone. My brother and his girlfriend have a condo in Tampa area so we are worried about that. Their unit is on the first floor. :-(

The topper is to cover the top of her glass-top stove. Here is a picture of mine. I made it like a MJF Dish Drainer Quilt only larger to fit my stove top.

I use mine to keep the top clean when I am not cooking on it.

Sara's fabric is very neat - small veggies and Bon Appetit all over it with a yellow background. And she doesn't want the ruffle, so hers will be plain edges, which is really easier for me. Her stove top is not quite as deep as mine, so it will be made to fit her stove.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2017 :  09:09:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is a great idea, for smooth surface ranges. It adds color to your kitchen

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2017 :  09:43:12 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I really like it - and it is washable if something spills on it. I may make some to sell with some of my stash. Good way to clean out.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2017 :  3:20:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is cute!
What a neat idea.

Keep safe people.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2017 :  05:06:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a great idea! I never saw something like that before. Not only will can it keep it clean but it can hide a multitude of sins underneath, LOL!

Katie #7422
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2017 :  05:10:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry I haven't been on (boy do I have a lot to catch up on.) I've had a rough couple of days health-wise. This will happen from time-to-time but please know that I think of all of you during the days I can't be chatting.

Katie #7422
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2017 :  05:30:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Katie, I'm sorry. Our physical set backs are big problems aren't they?
I hope you you feel better and stronger each day.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2017 :  05:55:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Marilyn!

Katie #7422
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Project Discussions: Previous Topic On the porch, quilt on lap chattin' - Sept 2018 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page