Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 On the porch, quilt on lap chattin' - Sept 2018
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic On the porch, quilt on lap chattin' - Sept 2018 Next Topic
Page: of 7

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2017 :  07:33:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Just thought I would get this post going as I have a couple of free minutes.

I apologize for being MIA. My life at the moment is intense ... amongst many things, one of them being that I am in the process of closing/liquidating Fibre Junction ... it is quite an emotional experience, as I absolutely love my shoppe ... but the time has come for me to move on to something new. It is a bitter sweet experience.

I am checking e-mails and will tackle important things. I'm just not able to keep up with the henhouse let alone the main forum at the moment. If you see something that needs my attention, please e-mail me. I always have time for my farmgirl sisters.

I will stop by the henhouse when I have time or the need to just relax my mind, as it is always wonderful to catch up with all of you. I'm hoping all will be settled by mid September.

Keeping you all in my thoughts.

Farmgirl hug (PS I could use a hug right now!)

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Aug 31 2017 2:16:03 PM

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2017 :  08:45:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, Carole, I wish I could wrap my arms around you and give you a hug but please accept this virtual hug! I can't imagine the emotional roller coaster. Take the time to be where you need to be.

Katie #7422
Friends are the flowers that bloom in life's garden.
Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2017 :  10:30:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, This has to be a hard thing for you, I can't even imagine. But I totally understand too much to do and not enough time or energy. The older I get the less energy I have for extended periods of time anyway. Sometimes I think I'm still 40 or something, but the body tells me "NOPE"!!!
Prayers for you as you make these changes in your life! Know we are here for you and love you bunches!
Hugs, Ruth

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2017 :  10:56:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole take comfort in seasons come and go. You enjoyed the season you had seeing your dream of Fibre Junction blossom and now you are in the season of letting go and moving on to other seasons and dreams.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2017 :  12:51:03 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hugs and good luck with what is ahead of you, Carole. Seasons change for all of us - some in different ways than others.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2017 :  1:46:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, try not to stress. Stress for prolonged periods makes us unwell. Are you having a sale at your shop...on line???

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1225 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1225 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2017 :  2:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, you are in my thoughts and my heart as you go through this transition. Letting go of dreams is one of the hardest things to do. Big Hugs!

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6080 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6080 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2017 :  2:12:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here Carole,
A special hug for you!

Just for you.

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2017 :  3:55:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sweet kittens!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9546 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9546 Posts

Posted - Aug 31 2017 :  5:44:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sending you virtual hugs Carole!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2017 :  09:54:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I weeded a little bit this morning and put the lemon grass in the trash. Will use the container for yellow tulip bulbs. They will make a showing in the spring and I am so ready to put this year's garden to bed and focus on next year. After the tulips have bloomed I will put another lemon grass in the container.

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3527 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3527 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2017 :  1:53:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, sending you some extra Farmgirl Hugs from Florida with this big change! I hope it all runs smoothly for you. Take care of you during these very busy weeks ahead!

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1269 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1269 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2017 :  2:49:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Carole, Sending you a big old Texas size hug, hope all goes well for you. Will be thinking of you. Take care

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 01 2017 :  8:23:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, God bless you as you make your transition. When you have some bits of time, journal the good things about the shop. Remember that as you move forward healing will come. Love 'ya kid...Bonnie

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2017 :  06:27:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This summer has been rough on me so I am ready to move on into fall and then winter. I've started putting my garden to bed for this year and tiding up the beds/pots. I ordered 25 yellow tulip bulbs to put into a container for next spring. They should be here Fri or Sat. I will put them in the container and winter them over in the back yard on the south side of the house. When they emerge I will put them in the front yard. Tulips don't come back the second year here like daffodils do so they are treated as annuals.

I am so ready for pumpkins and gourds that I don't have to water or tend to. Maybe one yellow mum. Little by little I'm decorating for fall especially in my Yellow Rose Cottage. By Oct 1 house, cottage, and front flower beds should be all decked out.

This week I hope to start decorating for MJF Apple Festival. Must say apples aren't one of my favorite things but a slice of apple pie with melted sharp cheddar cheese does make a great breakfast or afternoon tea time snack.

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2017 :  07:09:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, reading your post makes me want to decorate for autumn. I usually begin in August...but health issues this year mean I am so slow. Thank you for drawing a visual picture of your home and cottage emerging from summer into autumn. You have inspired me to get started. I also learned something. Years ago I planted bulbs the jonquils and daffodils remain, but the tulips and other spring bulbs are no more. I did not realize they are considered annuals here.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2017 :  08:02:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marilyn glad I could give you a boost. I usually start in August also so I'm a little behind too. Update on tulip bulbs - in Paris and out for delivery so I will be planting today.

My daffodils were doing good but between the chickens when I had them and Annie I don't know if I will see them again. Thinking about doing elephant ears in a couple of the shady spots in the front yard and in a pot in the back yard hopefully Annie won't dig up. She loves to dig holes but I don't like filling them up. She will be two in Jan and I hope she will outgrow some of her puppy ways.

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2017 :  08:22:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This last spring we had blooms in various places around the yard, and I think it was the first year that the girls did not gather the daffodil blooms! I'll never forget those early years when they were tiny, they would get so excited about the first blooms of spring and snap the blooms right off.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2017 :  08:36:20 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have a plot of tulips that come up every year. I have no idea how many years they have been here because they are not in a garden area - they are in the middle of an area of grass.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2017 :  08:52:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, you have any idea what kind of tulip they are? If you ever divide them and have extra I would appreciate a start. You know how I like bartering with you.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2017 :  09:15:52 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
LOL! I have no idea - they were probably planted here years and years ago. They are pink. LOL! I have never dug them up and they come up every year. This past year all I got were leaves, because they came up and we had a late frost.

Sure, I can dig some up.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Sep 05 2017 09:16:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2017 :  09:21:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Linda, I only want one or two - don't want to kill a bunch of them in case they don't take to Paris. Never seen a pink tulip - it must be a heirloom for sure.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9546 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9546 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2017 :  6:45:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, I usually start putting out things for fall Sept 1st but we are doing some major projects in the house so I may only get the front porch decorated this year. We are still taking care of some things with my dad's estate and it seems to be a slow process. But everything should be done and hopefully settled down around here by Thanksgiving, hopefully.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Sep 05 2017 :  11:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise I only decorate a little in the kitchen. It's all outside, on front porch or in and around the cottage. That way I don't have to dust it.

Go to Top of Page

farmgirl68
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

Katie
Bangor Pennsylvania
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2017 :  04:53:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it that time? Can I start, really, I may? Yay!!! I love fall!!!! And, Sara, I get it, dusting all of it can be a drag. I put out jack-o-lanterns for Halloween and then turn them around for Thanksgiving and by that time they're in dire need of a dusting off.

Katie #7422
Friends are the flowers that bloom in life's garden.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3527 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3527 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2017 :  12:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hehehe, Farmgirls, I am totally decorated for Fall!!! Yep, come September 1, I pull it all out and put my Americana things away. I love Fall and the entire season of changes. While it stays pretty warm here well into November, we do get some cooler mornings and less humidity so it just feels like a nice change. This part of Florida does have a few varieties deciduous trees that di have leaf changes but that really doesn't happen until late November and into December and early January. However, I usually travel somewhere north to see the leaves and experience the fall in October. It just makes my heart happy to be in the middle of a cool day with a sweater on and pretty leaves on trees!!
How about this photo I took recently at Hobby Lobby?? Who doesn't love a cute scarecrow??

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Project Discussions: Previous Topic On the porch, quilt on lap chattin' - Sept 2018 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page