debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  09:17:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just want to wish all of you sisters a Happy Mother's Day!!! I think we should celebrate all weekend!
I need to work on planting my garden, but if the weather doesn't straighten out and the wind stop blowing, I may just camp out in my new chair and drink coffee, crochet and watch Patrick Swayze in North and South!!! What a great afternoon!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9468 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9468 Posts

Posted - May 13 2017 :  3:03:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy mother's day Debbie! To all my wildflower sisters a wonderful relaxing day is what I wish for you all!
That would definitely be a nice way to spend the afternoon watching that movie!!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on May 13 2017 3:06:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - May 18 2017 :  3:05:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope all of you had a lovely Mother's Day!!!!

Debbie - I haven't watched North and South in a LOOONG time! We use to watch it when I was growing up around Easter for some reason! That and "Blue and the Gray". I use to love them both, though thinking about it, they really were not appropriate movies for us to watch growing up, lol. After I washed movie 4, I quit watching it! I had gotten so frustrated with the turn of events!!! Maybe I will pull out the books though. Hmmmm. Anyways, I think my favorite character on there was Constance. My sisters and I use to pretend we were one of the characters.. my older sister was Madeline, and my younger sister was Brett. LOL!!! Oh the memories!!!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - May 19 2017 :  07:52:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shannon, I am loving this mini series! I vaguely remember watching it when it came out. I wish I would've watched it before I went south last month. My cousin and I toured so many antebellum homes and one of them in Natchez was where the interior shots of Mont Royal were filmed...so that got me thinking that I needed to watch the series when I got home. I started it on Mother's Day and my husband got sucked into it as well. It's been hard to wait for him to watch the next episode!
I think Constance has been my favorite character as well! I read that she is married to James Read, who played her husband, George, in the series, in real life. The series came out in 1985 and they were married in 1988. And I'm also thinking that Kirstie Alley and Parker Stevenson started their romance when the filming was going on...unfortunately, they didn't stay together like the Reads did. Isn't that Ashton a piece of work???? I keep wondering why Brett cannot see what kind of person her sister really is???!!!
Sometimes I think that I was born in the wrong era....

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - May 19 2017 :  10:14:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't know about their real lives at all!!!! That is fascinating!!! Ashton is my least favorite character. Virginia (I think that was her name) bothered me growing up, but I understand and can appreciate her passion! Ashton is just evil! She should have married Justin, hahahahaha. I never understood how Ashton's husband could be so clueless!!! I think Brett loved her sister too much... there was a great sense of loyalty in her character.. to all she loved.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - May 19 2017 :  10:46:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is true....Brett was too sweet natured to think bad thoughts about anyone. Can you imagine Justin and Ashton? What a EVIL couple...they'd probably truly love each other, as only evil could do. When Madeline swung that sword at Justin I thought Brad was going to stand up and cheer...he really "hates" that guy! And Virgilia...I think her passion for her cause just set her over the edge. What a great character for Kirstie Alley to play!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - May 21 2017 :  5:46:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only North and South I know is the English one with Richard Armitage. Which is amazing. Haha!

Happy belated Mother's Day to all of you! I was nursing my poor little girl back to health on Mother's Day!

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Farmgirl of the Month - March 2016
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Happy Mother's Day!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page