notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2017 :  09:17:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey girls, I'm wondering if we have any fitness enthusiasts among us. Or maybe not enthusiasts, but do any of you have a regular workout or exercise routine? I used to be very active before my pregnancy with Rory, and I've recently started to attempt to incorporate exercise back into my daily routine. It's tricky with a needy little guy, but not impossible. It's an adjustment. I miss the endorphins! It's such a great feeling.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Farmgirl of the Month - March 2016

Bridge
Farmgirl in Training

42 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
42 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2017 :  09:35:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not much on exercise for the sake of exercise, however I love to hike and ride a bike.
Currently I am getting a lot of exercise hunting morel mushrooms.
I usually park at the back of all parking lots and walk, unless parents are walking in. Many times I offer them door service so I can walk.
I so walk the local walking path (just a big paved circle) at a local park if I can't get out to hike.
I actually was just thinking this morning a few situps and arm exercises would probably be a good idea for the summer LOL

Bridge
Farmgirl Sister #7277
Put your lipstick on & be Happy!
http://stitchthrifty.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2017 :  1:14:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love walking too. I was walking "around the block" regularly. I'd like to start doing that again. That's about 3 miles. I'm not a runner. My brother and sister both are, but that seems to have skipped me!

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2017 :  10:09:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I walk on my treadmill if the weather is bad, otherwise I like to walk outside. Our block is 4 miles but I like to walk back to the canyon, which is at the back of our property. It's nice to be off of the road and it's quieter. By the time I get back to the house, it's closer to 5 miles. I usually walk at least 4 times a week and always take Sunday off. I really need to start lifting weights again but I am getting lazy! I am not a runner either!!! I don't know why anyone would think running is FUN!!! haha...but a LOT of people do...

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl Sister of the Year
January 2020 FGOTM
"Well behaved women seldom make history"...
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2017 :  08:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have a fitbit, Erin? I've used one for the last year...I really love mine! I also remember how hard it was to exercise when my 2 were little. Early mornings didn't usually work for me...I would spend their nap times sewing...but I would ride my exercise bike in the evening after they went to bed. Sometimes I would take them out for walks when the weather was nice.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2017 :  09:09:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I enjoy walking with my fitbit on... though I finally realized that it is not reading right due to the band being broken... so new bands have been ordered! Anyways, I find walking very therapeutic and not only good physically, but mentally!

Debbie - I use to LOVE to run. It was a great way for me to relieve stress. Then I got married... and pregnant... and have had child after child. Running is no longer enjoyable... probably because my big old out of shape body just cannot take it, hahahaha! I have found since moving here tat walking is actually more difficult for me... wondering if I am still adjusting to the altitude!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2017 :  09:19:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It could be. What is your altitude in Rozet? We're at 2300 feet and even at that level I know people have a little time adjusting. ..like travelling high school sports teams.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2017 :  09:29:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie - so I had no clue what our altitude is and had to look it up. When we were in SC, we were at 25 feet (lol). Here in Rozet we are 4285 feet! Yup - I may be needing to adjust, as we really didn't do much walking before now, as there was snow everywhere.

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2017 :  09:42:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh wow!!!!! Yeah, that might be it!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2017 :  06:57:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie, I don't have a fitbit. I don't know if I could get used to it. I don't wear much of anything as far as accessories go. The most I wore was my wedding ring which was only a white gold band. I say was... I still have it, but I forgot to take it off before my fingers got all swollen when I was pregnant with Rory. It was stuck on my finger pretty tight for months. Finally a couple months ago I was able to get it off. I haven't put it back on since. I was so relieved to get it off. I thought I was going to have to cut it. Anyway since then I don't wear anything but the occasional necklace. Even that is annoying when I'm holding the little guy. I recently tried earrings again... no. Not yet anyway. Even studs I couldn't get used to!

Anyway, my attempts to be more physical have fizzled, but tomorrow is a new moon. There's supposed to be a greater chance of success if you start a new habit on the new moon, so I think I'm going to give it a go starting tomorrow.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2017 :  07:08:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a friend who carries her fitbit in her pocket because she can't stand anything on her wrist...doesn't wear a watch, either.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - May 02 2017 :  07:12:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I started yesterday! My favorite is P-90x. I have the dvds but after doing them so often it's snoozville... so I wrote down my favorite workouts. I can watch whatever I want and workout at the same time. Some are too intense for my poor core, but I did Shoulders and Arms yesterday. That worked out alright.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - May 02 2017 :  07:40:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good for you, Erin! Wait until those endorphins kick in...you will feel awesome! You've inspired me to start with my weights again when I get home.

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - May 03 2017 :  08:47:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my goodness, I know! I miss the endorphins so much. I did legs yesterday, and it was very difficult. I had to do a modified version. It was just too hard and my legs are so sore today. I thought I was going to fall down the stairs! It's a good kind of sore though. I decided to take it easy today. I'll do some things around the house and pick up tomorrow. I'm glad I've inspired you, Debbie! :)

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2018 :  05:56:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Girls, I've recently recommitted myself to fitness! I'm 16 days into the Keto diet and it's working out very well. I've been exercising 5 times a week for 2 weeks, and I started walking every morning at 6am with one of my friends who lives in town. I have my beginner badge for Let's get Physical already, but I really let things slide after Rory came along so I'm working toward a solid 2 months straight of this so I can apply for the intermediate. I'm down 12 lbs so far and I feel so much better lately, having gotten the bad cravings out of my system. I'm not saying any of this to toot my own horn or anything but maybe to inspire some of you who may want to get back into fitness. Once you get the ball rolling, it really does get easier! :)

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2018 :  4:59:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erin, I am so excited for you! 12 pounds in 16 days? That is awesome!!! Is the Keto diet high protein, low carb?

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9467 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9467 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2018 :  5:26:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been working on a change of eating habits. I took the plunge a week ago yesterday. Portion sizes as well as what I am choosing to eat. So far I've lost 5 pounds in 8 days. I do exercises recommended by my chiropractor as I have been having trouble with my right hip. I will have to take a look at the badges for that Erin. I having been looking at the Keto and Paleo diets. I am looking for a permanent eating lifestyle change if that makes sense. I don't like short term diets.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Mar 14 2018 5:27:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

debbieklann
True Blue Farmgirl

2695 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
2695 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2018 :  5:58:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, that is wonderful!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
January 2020 FGOTM
Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9467 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9467 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2018 :  08:34:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have walking to be the best way to get fit for me. I don't run due to that fact I don't want all my insides jiggled around. Now that may sound stupid but my chiropractor advises against it. Power walking is just as effective to get the heart rate up and the movement. I haven't been able to do much yet due to the weather and since there is someone here 24/7 I don't do my treadmill yet. But I do as much walking and up and down the stairs as I can. I park further away from places to get in my steps unless I don't feel it would be safe to do so.

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com

Edited by - levisgrammy on Mar 16 2018 08:35:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

notathreatinsight
True Blue Farmgirl

702 Posts

Erin
Monroeville IN
USA
702 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2018 :  11:41:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Debbie- Keto is high fat, medium protein, low carb. I have an app on my phone called Senza that I plug everything into.

Denise- That's great! I know what you mean. It is much better to just have a lifestyle change. I don't know that I would consider the Keto diet a permanent change. It is a little difficult to get that much fat in a day. I would eventually like to transition to a higher protein diet, but it's working for now. Like you Denise, I can only walk, but I can feel how effective it is. I've also committed to doing my stomach exercises 5 times a week,starting this week. I have the weakest core, which is the main reason I can't run.

- Erin - Sister # 3762
Go to Top of Page
  Project Discussions: Previous Topic Farmgirl Fitness Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page