Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Rocking away chatting with friends - March 2017
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Rocking away chatting with friends - March 2017 Next Topic
Page: of 5

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2017 :  4:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone! We got home late lsat night from our fantastic trip to Spain and Portugal. Wow, what beautiful countries and there was so much to see and enjoy. Today has been a day of laundry and going through mail and getting food in the house again. It always takes me a few days to get my sleep/awake patterns straightened out so I am still sort of dragging about. While it is always fun to go some place new, I always love coming home again. There is nothing better than Home Sweet Home!

It seems like everyone here has been busy these past two weeks with lots going on. Now that Spring is here and weather is getting better for everyone, it will be fun to hear about gardens, flowers, and other projects that have been on hold since late fall. Spring is pretty much over here in my area of Florida but the new green leaves are everywhere and I love those bright green colors.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2017 :  4:28:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome home Winnie. Yes it is gardening time, and already warm. My broccoli is only a foot tall but has little broccoli heads or crowns in the top of each plant. I planted more sugar snap peas and three hills of yellow squash this evening. Our weather feels stormy tonight. We are under a tornado watch, so I guess I'd better keep my eyes and ears open.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2017 :  4:28:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome back Winnie! Looking forward to reading all about your trip when you are all caught up with your home life!

Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6088 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6088 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2017 :  9:20:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What makes broccoli so woody in the stem? Is that because it is too old?

Hey Winnie welcome back. looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

hugss

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2017 :  11:20:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you are correct Darlene.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2017 :  07:21:50 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, Winnie. I love traveling to interesting places, but also love coming back home. Can't wait to hear about your trip.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2017 :  07:25:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome back Winnie, good to have you back on the Farm.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

1846 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
1846 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2017 :  07:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome home Winnie :) Glad you had such a lovely trip and you guys made it home safely!

~ Shannon, Sister #5349
Farmgirl of the Month January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Lavender Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

420 Posts

Brenda
Jackson MI
USA
420 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2017 :  4:48:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Started a major project today. Paring down items and junk in my sewing room. Two garbage bags of items to throw out, recycle or donate. Yay! Hardly made a dent, but it's a start. Trash day for our township is the 22nd of April. Twice a year we can take all kinds of trash to the local landfill for free. We use the vegetable and fruit scraps for compost, meat scraps go to the animals. By doing this and recyling cans, plastic, glass, cardboard and papers, we don't have to pay a refuse bill. We have several garbage cans to keep everything sorted. It works good for us.

Now, to keep on sorting.

Farm Girl Hugs,
Brenda

Each day we add to our legacy-good or bad. Our Daily Bread

Edited by - Lavender Rose on Mar 30 2017 4:50:49 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2017 :  5:21:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brenda, good for you. I need to do that also. We have Thursday, Friday and Monday off at Easter. I am hopeful that One of those days can be spent out in that little junked up house. I need to get it organized. Monday will be blown, driving to Fort Worth to see my oncologist. This is my December appointment, a few months late. I am over seven years out but he still has me come in.

Texasgran

Edited by - TexasGran on Mar 30 2017 5:22:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9578 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9578 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2017 :  6:28:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel like I have been MIA lately. Sounds like everyone has been busy.

Welcome home Winnie! There's no place like home.

We have finally started tackling the enormous job of cleaning out and figuring out what to do about our garage. It is really in bad shape so we would like to tear it down and rebuild. We won't need permits because it is an existing structure but our dilemma is what to do with everything while we change the building structure. I thought a small shed but then that is another expense. Though it occurred to me it could be used as a woodshop or "she" shed. We also don't have a lot of space for another shed. Then I thought since we eventually want to get some goats we could get a small something to house them, it would be in the pasture, but maybe see what we could fit in there before we get them and when it's empty we can use it for them.
At present I am just happy we are moving forward. Some people in the family are just not inclined to worry about cleaning up areas that need it. And they marry those with organizational pet peeves. Lol.
Hope everyone is having a great evening!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

859 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
859 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2017 :  7:49:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have "pods" in your area? They are a very large storage bin the company drops off, then you put your stuff in it and they pick it up and store it till you need it. Then they return your bin. We're getting a new bathroom and I don't need a pod but it will be a mess around here for awhile.

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

sweettea59
True Blue Farmgirl

1272 Posts

Sherry
Longview Texas
USA
1272 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2017 :  08:49:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome home Winnie, glad you are back safely. Sounds like everyone has started their spring cleaning. I need to work on some of that, I have a bedroom that is in need of a good cleaning out. Guess I better get started, maybe this weekend. I had rather be in Canton, shopping. Have a good weekend everyone.

Farmgirl Hugs & May all your Wishes come true.
Sherry
Farmgirl #2215
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2017 :  09:03:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been potting the nine herbs I order back in Jan.

Did have a little excitement this morning Annie got her first squirrel. Can't say I am sorry because they dig in my herb containers. When I got near her Annie growled at me - for the very first time - but she put the squirrel down for a chicken tender.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2017 :  10:10:00 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Today when Ed went outside one of his heifers had had a bull calf overnight. His comment was "that's all I need - another bull!" LOL! I haven't seen it yet. I have the twins all day - at least until 6. We've been weeding - then off to McDonald's for lunch, buy some mulch, buy some hanging plants, and veggies.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2017 :  10:42:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Denise, goats? Sounds like a wonderful project. Have you been doing research on the type of goats you would like?

Bonnie, Bathroom? Been there done that, it is quite the project! Good luck!

Sherry, good to see you on the forum. I do hope all is well.

Sarah, Annie probably wanted to savour in her accomplishment. That is quite a feat to catch a squirrel! I couldn't do it! lol Nothing like a chicken tender as a reward!

Linda, seriously that's all any one ever needs is more bull! lol

Not much going on here. Quiet .... always a good thing! Catch you later! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein

Edited by - ceridwen on Mar 31 2017 12:56:36 PM
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2017 :  12:50:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, Wade now has his three little baby Colts all less than three weeks old. They are so cute. First one is charcoal black, a stud colt, second is a dun colored filly and the third one is a red roan filly. He is a proud pappa!

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2017 :  2:47:41 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'll bet he is, Marilyn. My friend's horses on my pastures have birthed 4 babies in 6 years here. I love seeing the little ones.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Rocking away chatting with friends - March 2017 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page