Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Scattered Prairie Gals
 Project Discussions
 Sitting by a warm fire rockin' with friends Feb 17
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting by a warm fire rockin' with friends Feb 17 Next Topic
Page: of 5

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2017 :  12:49:52 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That's quite a table you set, Connie. Super job!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
FGOTM for August, 2015 and April, 2017
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2017 :  1:17:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That table setting is what my sisters and I would call a Country Living Magazine cover.

FarmGirl Sister#6034 8/25/14
FGOTM Sept 2015 & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2017 :  1:37:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Beautiful Table Connie, I know no one went hungry at your house. I can't believe how big Lily June has gotten. We celebrated my granddaughters 9th birthday yesterday as well and I am sure it was just last week she was a baby. They grow so fast.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

2114 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
2114 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2017 :  2:15:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank ya'll so much!! It means a lot coming from my Farm sis! I like to feed people! I was a little nervous, some of my SIL family had never been to my house, his teen age niece, about 14 said, I love your house, it's HOME. Awww ,I almost cried. Most things I have are old, family heirlooms, things my paw-paw made, I have my collections, Farmgirl Art. I love my home, with all its imperfections, but so sweet coming from someone so young!!
I made that old stand by punch, Orange sherbert and Ginger ale, and they loved it! it brought back memories for all the ladies, we had it at baby showers, Weddings, Birthdays, but I had not made it in years!!!!! One of the ladies said, people don't seem, to do punch a lot anymore, taste like a Push-up ice cream a little.

Julie, they do!! tooo fast!!

Connie
Imagine....#3392

Edited by - Killarney on Feb 27 2017 2:17:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

1229 Posts

Julie
medina ND
USA
1229 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2017 :  2:58:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Connie, we had the same punch yesterday? The kids loved it.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

5777 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
5777 Posts

Posted - Feb 27 2017 :  3:04:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like a wonderful party, with lots of good food, Connie. I love Lily June's pretty little dress.

Texasgran
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

3529 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
3529 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2017 :  06:38:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Such a splendid celebration party your family had for Lily's birthday! And what girl doesn't love birthday cake icing!! LOL!!! Your table looked so pretty and lovely. Hard to believe she will be ready for pre-school next year. They grow so very fast.

Winnie Nielsen #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Girl of the Year 2014-2015
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
Scattered Prairie Hen Honcho

9578 Posts

Denise
Ohio
USA
9578 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2017 :  07:34:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sitting by a warm fire but thinking it will go out today. Quite warm.
Working on a project for my next knitting badge.
Hope everyone is enjoying a good day!

Denise~~

Sister #43

"I am a bookaholic with no desire to be cured."

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path"
Psalm 119:105

www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com
www.torisgram.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2017 :  08:07:00 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Today I am cleaning the house - well, at least I'm working on several rooms to try to get them in order. Let me say this - I hate housework. I would much rather sit and sew than do housework, and unfortunately for my house, many times I do just that. I am thinking of finding someone to come in and clean for me. Let them do that while I sit and sew.

Sunday I took aprons, microwave bowl potholders, crayon roll-ups, and microwave baked potato bags to a local bakery/gift shop to sell. She makes baked goods and cans relishes, pickles, and other items. She does not charge a monthly fee, she just takes 20% of the selling price. To me that is reasonable. And everything in the store has to be homemade - either recycled things or completely, like my stuff. Some of the places here friends have put things and paid a monthly fee, and even though they sell some, it barely covers the fee. That's no good. She said when she started out she was selling more bakery items, but now she sells more gift items. Today I'm also tagging some mug rugs and cup cozies to take up there on Wednesday.

A future project is bed spring wreaths, crosses, and hearts. Also some single bed spring items I'm seen on Pinterest. I have a bed spring mattress in the garage that we've already taken the cover off of and another in the shed with the cover off. The one in the shed, though, isn't the standard bed spring, so not sure if it will work for these projects or not. Any ideas of what I can make?

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2017 :  08:35:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda spring cleaning must be in the air. This morning I dusted and cleaned all 13 pictures, 1 large mirror, and 3 plates in living room and with the help of Swiffer's duster I cleaned 2 ceiling fans and all tops of door frames and corners. That's enough cleaning for me for one day.

In between the cleaning I working on the new cozy mystery I started yesterday. It has been over a year since I felt like writing. Hope I keep feeling this way so I can finish it.

Linda I have seen pictures of bed springs stood up along a fence or wall and used to plant a wall of flowers. Best I can remember they lined the springs with moss, added potting soil, and planted flowers with shallow roots. Ivies and hen n/ chickens would work.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2017 :  08:42:20 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, my! I know about the ceiling fans. I need to clean them, too. They get so dusty.

Have you published any of your cozy mysteries? I'd a technical editor, and love mysteries. I'd be happy to test them for you. LOL!

Hmm - may try that fence idea for the springs that are not the ones used in projects. LOL!

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2017 :  08:59:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Linda for your kind offer. I write with my natural voice, you have heard it in my posts. Not flowerily or wordy. Pretty much straight to the point but I hope with feeling. So knowing how I write and not expecting a lot of background or long drawn out descriptions I would be happy for you to read and critique my story. Here's how it starts.

Murder on the Trail

“Come along Major you can stiff the grass at home. We’re here to walk so walk”. Pearl urged her puppy in training to get with the program and keep up with the group of trainees. Major a six month old English Mastiff -Rhodesia Ridge Hound mix was much larger than the other puppies so when he lagged behind everyone knew he wasn’t with the group. Pearl knew he was just as smart as the others and she didn’t like the idea of anyone thinking he wasn’t. He was just inquisitive like his mistress. After living with her for five and half months what else would you expect him to be but a little four footed detective. After all Pearl Gracie Jones, amateur detective did her part to keep her home town, Little Eden, Texas safe from murderers and thieves.

Go to Top of Page

violetrose
True Blue Farmgirl

871 Posts

Ruth
Epworth GA
USA
871 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2017 :  10:07:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Sara, I like your story :)! Keep it coming, please.
I have been doing some cleaning and sewing as well. Some days I seem to be way more productive than others. Interruptions are my down fall for sure, and I have way tooooo many of them with a hubby, and three pups! Say nothing of our three inside birds, and 9 chickie girls outside! They keep me young - RIGHT????

Farmgirl Sister # 1738

God loves each one of us as if there were only one of us!

St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2017 :  10:16:52 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds nice, Sara. I'd be happy to read it.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2017 :  11:05:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruth I'm glad you like the start of my story. That inspires me to keep going.

Linda, I'll be in touch as I go along.

Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

6088 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
6088 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  08:22:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh Sara, what is going to happen next? I can hardly wait to see!
Keep it coming.

hugs

Farmgirl # 4943

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.
Tell God what you need, and thank him for what he has done.
Philippians 4:6

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  09:43:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good morning,

Doing a bit of catching up!

Connie, what a spread! Happy belated birthday to Lily June! She's so cute!

Julie, happy belated birthday to your grand daughter. Indeed, they do grow so quickly!

Denise, good for you to be working on your knitting badge. I need to get my last badge level on knitting done!

Linda, good for you to have found a place to sell your craft items at a reasonable price. What type of batting do you use in your potato bags? Just curious.

Sara, how wonderful that you write .... great beginning of a story! Have you thought of starting a blog and posting your stories?

All caught up! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  10:42:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole, blogging has crossed my mind but have not looked into it.

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  10:45:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sara, if you need assistance, I would be happy to assist you. It is easy to open a blogging account.

Carole

Insanity: Doing the same thing over & over again & expecting different results ~ Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  10:49:50 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Carole -

I use either the 100% cotton batting specifically for the microwave or 100% cotton batting that has no other fibers in it. I stock up on the microwave specific batting when I have a discount coupon at JoAnns. You cannot use the blends because they can burn.

Linda B
quiltee
Farmgirl #1919

Edited by - quiltee on Mar 01 2017 10:51:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  11:57:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Carole for your sweet offer. Where do I start?

Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Carole
Champlain New York
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  12:07:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When you are ready, let me know and I can call you. We can do it over the phone.

First thing is to think of a name that you would like to call your blog.
Second, I would suggest that you open a google gmail account just for your blog - this way you can have all of your blog comments delivered to that account - I call mine happy mail account!

Carole

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

2459 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
2459 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2017 :  2:14:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carole I printed out your suggestions and have started a folder on blogging.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Project Discussions: Previous Topic Sitting by a warm fire rockin' with friends Feb 17 Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page